Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Aditya
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. AdityaYour feedback matters!
I am male 22. When ever I get into some argument aur a fight or on a stage having audience. My body just dose listen to me and starts shaking although I m not afraid it feels like my body is afraid. My legs give up and my hands starts shaking wot can I do to overcome this.
I'm having very small umbilical hernia abt 7mms no swelling, no vomiting, only navel pain once in a month. please tell how to avoid this pain, and I am not interested for surgery, can I postpone for few years if problem is not complicated.
I am 22 year old female, I found some bubble type on my hand and leg, It is not paining but when I press it little bit pain so what is the exact problem I don't know so please tell me is it a serious issue or not? And at the night I have acidity problem please suggest me some solution for it.
As you get older, you are more prone to old age fractures. This is because of the weakening of your bones and enhanced likeliness towards falling. In case you have osteoporosis, you need to be even more careful to avoid fractures of any kind. Here are some must-read tips for prevention of fractures, which are likely because of old age.
- Exercise for improving balance and strength: Exercise directly impacts the strength of the bones. Keeping fit physically helps the reflexes to stay sharp and the muscles to stay strong. This will in turn result in lowering the risk of falling. When you are fit, you are less prone to falls. Bones do not stay fit unless you regularly work out. You should undertake exercises such as walking, weight lifting and also practice flexibility and balance exercises such as yoga and tai chi.
- Tread carefully: The selection of shoes is very important for preventing old-age fractures. You should wear shoes, which are low heeled, have rubber soles and provide proper support. Avoid leather soles. You should avoid sneakers having deep treads, which increase your risk of tripping and falling. Shoes must be worn inside the house as well. You also need to take several precautions while walking outside. In case you have arthritis, you require an assistive device to aid you with walking such as a walker or a cane.
- Certain medicines to be avoided, if possible: There are several medicines which increase your risk of falling by causing dizziness and lack of coordination. These medicines must be avoided. They include the following:
- Lighten up your surroundings: Because of old age, your vision is likely to degrade, making you prone to cataracts and other disorders. The lack of proper vision can make you fall and cause fractures. For solving this problem, you should install several lights all over your residence or workplace. Use overhead lamps, night lights for bathrooms and for your bedroom and always keep the staircases lit. It is also good to keep a flashlight beside you when you sleep.
- Fall proof your home: You should make your home safe and fall proof. The rooms should be clutter-free without piles of clothes and boxes. A carpet should be put over polished floors and rugs. Electric cords and phone lines should be away from the floor.
As you get older, you are likely to develop several health conditions, which may increase the chances of falls and fractures. Hence, all health conditions you experience should be properly treated to prevent falls and fractures. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.