Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Aditya BatlaYour feedback matters!
Iam 22 old male iam suffering from gastric problem. Some times chest pains occurred but not problem in heart (Dr. Check the ECG) some medicine are used omee-d, uninyzyme, dizine. Why this problem was repeatedthis problem is life long? And any this symptom is any heart disease please tell me know.
Palpitations is the feeling that you experience when your heart beats abnormally. Heart palpitations can be felt in the form of rapid, fluttering or pounding heartbeats. They can be frightening as when you palpate, you heart beats so hard that it even skips a beat and the sensations are so strong that they can be felt all through your chest, neck, and throat.
Palpitations are also common especially in young people because of abnormal electrical circuits in heart from birth. However, they may have normal hearts on Echo. Such palpitations are curable by a nonsurgical methods called Radiofrequency Ablation.
Palpitations can be triggered as a result of a number of reasons like stress, certain medications, exercise etc.
Here are a few prominent causes of heart palpitations.
Causes unrelated to the Heart -
- Anxiety, fear, and stress
- Consumption of alcohol and drugs like caffeine, nicotine etc.
- Consumption of street drugs likes cocaine, amphetamines etc.
- Certain medical conditions such as thyroid, anemia, dehydration, low blood pressure and low sugar levels etc.
- Hormonal changes that occur as a result of menstruation, pregnancy, menopause etc.
- Certain nutritional and herbal supplements
- Certain medications like asthma inhalers, diet pills etc.
- Abnormal levels of electrolyte
- Sensitivity to certain food items like some carbohydrates
Causes related to the Heart -
- Coronary artery disease
- Prior instances of heart attack
- Congestive heart failure (a condition wherein your heart's chambers get affected)
- Problems associated with the heart valves or the heart muscles
Immediate Relief Mechanisms-
It is crucial to go to the most easily available doctor to get an ECG done during palpitations as ECG will give an exact diagnosis, which helps in identifying the clear line of treatment.
Here are a few techniques that can help you in getting immediate relief from heart palpitations until you are able to visit a doctor in case of a serious condition.
- Cough it out
- Splash cold water on your face or take a cold shower
- Practice slow, deep breathing exercises. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
I was tested with high cholesterol and triglycerides last year. Ldl-119, hdl-34, vldl-44, triglycerides-240. This was my report in January, 2015. I was prescribed Rosuvastatin, 10. Got my lipid profile done in June, 2015. Reports were: LDL-49, HDL-40, VLDL-16, Triglycerides-140. The doctor had then put me on a 5mg dose of rosuvastatin. And he asked me to take another 5mg rosuvastatin tablet every 2 days. So the dosage became: 5mg, 5mg, 10mg, 5mg, 5mg, 10mg. Now I got myself tested again in Jan, my triglycerides had gone up to 200 and ldl to 58. Hdl remains on 42. Has this got to do with the peculiar dosage? Shall I just continue with the 5mg dosage daily or a 10 mg daily? I'm otherwise healthy. A little hypotensive. But since October, I have quit my previous job and now I'm doing a desk job. So I have a sedentary lifestyle and have put on 5 kilos. Should I go for a low carb, low fat diet too?
I heard that even though ecg is normal and cholestrol is less, lipid profile is also normal. There is a chance of getting heart attack. Is it true? if so what test will exactly tell about the risk of attack?
Heart disease or coronary artery blockade is a chronic disease, not always sudden!
Heart may warn you by giving theses signs. Read carefully.
1. Little bit of chest heaviness since few days
2. Mild pain on the left chest with or without left hand/shoulder pain.
3. Shortness of breath while walking fast or climbing stairs
4. Shortness of breath especially on night time with pain.
5. Sometimes severe pain on centre of chest, getting relieved automatically.
So go for a health check as soon as possible if you have such symptoms and can avoid heart attack.