Lybrate.com has top trusted Urologists from across India. You will find Urologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Adittya Kumar SharmaYour feedback matters!
Recently he has visited Apollo hospital, Chennai and diagnosed with CKD stage 4 with diabetes. His creatinine level is 3.1 and glucose level is 230 and BP is 160/90. After returning their home town he got some boils with water all over his body. So is it any kind medicine reaction or something else? Please revert us with your valuable feedback.
Hi, my husband is 38. Early morning today when he urinated, it was more than usual quantity and that too he took long to get done since it was with short pauses. What could be possible reasons and respective remedies? Thanks!
I have blood in urine, also my urine is foamy every time (bubbles in toilet), but my urine routine report shows NO Protein only RBC. If there is NO Protein in report then why urine is foamy or frothy every time? Thanks.
I am suffering with prostrate of 124 cc , doctor suggested for lazer surgery. is there any treatment other than surgery? I have problem in passing the urine. At preent I am talking urimax capsule in a day and feel relief.
Please suggest that surgery is the only way to deal with kidney stones of size 12 mm, OR is there any other technique to diagnose it.
I'm male, 29, weight- 50 kg, height- 169 cm. Dear doctor, due to anxiety, my weight is reducing and I'm confused for the time being, I have a frequent urinating. Is this anxiety stressful. Is it bad for health? My mind forces me to remain always anxious to avoid heart attack and diabetes by reducing weight. Pls advise me.
Hey doc, whenever I got to washroom and urinate I never feel I'm done yet something is remaining. I wait alot yet I feel I'm not done. Am I suffering from any disease. Every now and then I get the feel I need to pee.
Urinary incontinence is a health condition in men, which is caused by loss of bladder control. Urinary incontinence usually occurs in cases of medical conditions such as an enlarged prostate, Parkinson’s disease and diabetes, and may also occur after a prostate surgery. Urinary incontinence is an irritating and embarrassing condition, but with proper treatment, it can be cured. There are several ways to treat this condition which include home remedies as well as medications and surgery.
Here are several methods used to treat urinary incontinence:
- Caffeine, soda and carbonated drinks cause irritation in the bladder and worsen the symptoms of urinary incontinence. Alcohol is a diuretic and increases the amount of urine too. So abstain from coffee, alcohol and soft drinks to make a difference.
- Dietary adjustments are required for the treatment of urinary incontinence. Several spicy and acidic food items can make urinary incontinence worse. Hence, you should avoid having such foods for some time.
- Urinary incontinence can lead to stress and you must get rid of it for better health. You can try relaxation techniques, such as meditation and breathing exercises. Biofeedback is another option by which you can observe your bladder muscle contractions on a monitor.
- You should try a behavioral technique known as bladder training. This would require you to urinate every half hour, in spite of not having the urge. Slowly try to increase the time in between the bathroom breaks.
- You need to flex your muscles to gain control over urinary incontinence. Kegel exercises can be practiced as they boost the strength of your pelvic muscles.
- You should find the right muscles that are required to stop the passing of gas.
- Pads and disposable undergarments can be used by men. These help in containing leaks and also protect the skin from irritation and odor.
There are several medicines, which help in the treatment of urinary incontinence in men. Some of these work to relax muscles for preventing unwanted bladder contractions, while others help in blocking the nerve signals to the bladder. Drugs used for the shrinking and treatment of an enlarged prostate are also used as blocked by prostate lead to bladder irritation. Now-a-days, more than 80% cases of incontinence in males respond well to medications.
Surgery may be the ultimate option for the treatment of urinary incontinence. Options depend on the cause of incontinence. If it is because of obstructing prostate, prostate surgery by TURP / HOLEP is curative. If it is because of bladder overactivity, BOTOX injection in bladder is useful. If it is TRUE incontinence after radical prostate surgery then treatment include a male sling or artificial urinary sphincter implantation. In sling operations, a type of material is wrapped around the urethra for compressing it. In Artificial sphincter implantation, a cuff is used in order to close the urethra. Urine is released by squeezing the pump to open the cuff. A Interstim device similar to a pacemaker is used to stimulate nerves, which help in relaxing the bladder and pelvic floor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.