Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Aditi SinghYour feedback matters!
Hello Sir, my son is about 6 months & 10 days of age. But there are some skin problem in his both legs near ankle. Some spots like which creates after itching. These are since last 2 months & not solving yet. He also has the problem of vomiting after taking his milk (bottle milk, never gets breast milk) and such serious cough problem also. Please suggest me what to do. Will wait for your reply eagerly.
List the food item should be given to lactose intolerant 10 month old boy baby. Daily what should be given? To become fat.
Which milk supplement is good for kids? Junior horlicks/lil champs/pediasure/horlicks growth plus or any others.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
Iron is an essential nutrient and mineral that is required by adults and children alike. Iron helps move oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body and helps muscles store and use oxygen. It is especially important for children because it aids development and prevents anaemia. Untreated iron deficiency in children can cause physical and mental delays. It can lead to less healthy red blood cells in the child's blood stream which will cause a delay in the growth of physical and mental faculties.
Risk factors for iron deficiency in children
Infants and children at highest risk of iron deficiency include:
- Babies who are born prematurely or have a low birth weight
- Babies who drink cow's milk before age 1
- Breast-fed babies who aren't given complementary foods containing iron after age 6 months
- Babies who drink formula that isn't fortified with iron
- Children ages 1 to 5 who drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of cow's milk, goat's milk or soy milk a day
- Children who have certain health conditions, such as chronic infections or restricted diets
- Children ages 1 to 5 who have been exposed to lead
- Adolescent girls also are at higher risk of iron deficiency because their bodies lose iron during menstruation.
Symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia
The signs and symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia in children may include:
- Pale skin
- Fatigue or weakness
- Slow cognitive and social development
- Inflammation of the tongue
- Difficulty maintaining body temperature
- Increased likelihood of infections
- Unusual cravings for non-nutritive substances, such as ice, dirt or pure starch
Prevent iron deficiency in children
Take steps to prevent iron deficiency in your child by paying attention to his or her diet. For example:
- Breast-feed or use iron-fortified formula. Breast-feeding until your child is age 1 is recommended. If you don't breast-feed, use iron-fortified infant formula.
- Encourage a balanced diet. When you begin serving your baby solids, typically between ages 4 months and 6 months, feed him or her foods with added iron, such as iron-fortified baby cereal. For older children, good sources of iron include red meat, chicken, fish, beans and dark green leafy vegetables. Between ages 1 and 5, don't allow your child to drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of milk a day.
- Enhance absorption. Vitamin C helps promote the absorption of dietary iron. You can help your child absorb iron by offering foods rich in vitamin C, such as melon, strawberries, kiwi, broccoli, tomatoes and potatoes.
- Consider iron supplements. If your baby was born prematurely or with a low birth weight or you're breast-feeding a baby older than 4 months and he or she isn't eating two or more servings a day of iron-rich foods, talk to your child's doctor about oral iron supplements.
Make sure that you watch out for the tell tale signs of iron deficiency and take the necessary precautions to avoid the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific child related problem, you can consult a specilized pediatrician and ask a free question.
Is it safe to take a 18 months old child for a Australia tour for 13 days. What care should be taken? What food to give him during that period
My baby is 3 months old. He is stooling after every breastfeed. What is the reason for this and how to overcome this problem?
Dear Doctor my son is 8 years old he is having fever since last 20 days he has suffered from jaundice in this period but his jaundice is cured but the temperature is not coming down rather it is increasing now it has touched 103.2f we have been giving him fepanil please suggest. Thanks.
ADHD or Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder refers to those psychological disorders, which significantly alter a child's behavior and considerably affects his or her relationships with others. This condition is seldom preceded by perceptible symptoms and even when they do, they are difficult to decipher. However some of them are:
- Self-centered: Those children who suffer from the attention deficit hyperactivity syndrome tend to be encapsulated in their own subjectivity. Though this does seem harmless apparently, this tendency may lead them to be insensitive to other's needs and wants.
- Emotional outbursts: ADHD makes children extremely susceptible to frequent emotional outbursts and makes them erratic.
- Difficulty in concentration: Children who suffer from ADHD face extreme difficulty in concentrating or focusing on things. Many a times they fail to repeat what was told to them.
There might be several causes which can contribute to the development of this disorder. Some of them are:
- A drastic change in the child's lives: A sudden or a drastic change like the divorce of parents may severely affect the child and maim him emotionally. This may lead to the development of this disorder.
- Depression: Though always associated with adults, depression can be and is common among children as well. In such instances, a consequent development of ADHD is highly plausible.
- Bipolar disorder: Bipolar disorder refers to excessive and incomprehensible mood swings. Many children suffer from it in their early lives, making them susceptible to ADHD.
Notwithstanding the ambiguity and the erratic nature of the disorder, there might be preventive measures which parents might adopt to deter the outbreak of the disorder. Some of them are:
- Less use of preservatives: Parents must be careful about what their children eat. Those foods which contain a certain amount of preservatives tend to aggravate the disorder thereby causing more harm than good.
- Consider alternative forms of medications: Another way of dealing with this problem is by exploring other forms of medications and not sticking to one form. In this respect, practicing yoga may be very beneficial.
My son age is Two & half years. He is very active but bahut sararati hai kisi ki bhi baat nhi sunta or na hi abhi tak acchi tarah se bol pata hai. But hum sab uski sararton se preshan ho jate hai. Is there any solution to resolve that problem. Please help.
Hi doctor. I want to know what amount of pure almond oil can give a 3 year child, and what is the difference between maamra almond and normal almond. Please suggest me.?
Is the taste of ice cream or a sip of hot coffee sometimes a painful experience for you? Does brushing or flossing make you wince occasionally? If so, you may have sensitive teeth.
Possible causes include:
Tooth decay (cavities)
Worn tooth enamel
Exposed tooth root
In healthy teeth, a layer of enamel protects the crowns of your teeth—the part above the gum line. Under the gum line a layer called cementum protects the tooth root. Underneath both the enamel and the cementum is dentin.
Dentin is less dense than enamel and cementum and contains microscopic tubules (small hollow tubes or canals). When dentin loses its protective covering of enamel or cementum these tubules allow heat and cold or acidic or sticky foods to reach the nerves and cells inside the tooth. Dentin may also be exposed when gums recede. The result can be hypersensitivity.
Sensitive teeth can be treated. The type of treatment will depend on what is causing the sensitivity. Your dentist may suggest one of a variety of treatments:
Desensitizing toothpaste. This contains compounds that help block transmission of sensation from the tooth surface to the nerve, and usually requires several applications before the sensitivity is reduced.
Fluoride gel. An in-office technique which strengthens tooth enamel and reduces the transmission of sensations.
A crown, inlay or bonding. These may be used to correct a flaw or decay that results in sensitivity.
Surgical gum graft. If gum tissue has been lost from the root, this will protect the root and reduce sensitivity.
Root canal. If sensitivity is severe and persistent and cannot be treated by other means, your dentist may recommend this treatment to eliminate the problem.
Proper oral hygiene is the key to preventing sensitive-tooth pain. Ask your dentist if you have any questions about your daily oral hygiene routine or concerns about tooth sensitivity.
My son is 4 years 10 month old. He is a late talker, he still does not speaks clearly. He can make 3 to 5 word sentence. Few of his words could be understood by others. He did not had any Developmental delay other than speech. He can write well can recite rhymes but words are not very clear. Pls let me know why is there delay in language and how to go about it? (He is physically very active)
Sir . My problem is that I am having pain in my breast. It start 10 - 12 days before my monthly and remain up to end of my monthly cycle. In these days I also have abdominal pain in last 5 days. And sir I am having two children .younger is 5 year old. So please guide me what I can do.
Hi mam my baby is now 10 months old but still her teeth's are not come yet and from 2-3 days she having loose motions and vomiting can you please help me.
Conjunctivitis, also known as pinkeye, is a very common eye disease. Though it is not harmful, anyone suffering from this infection must consult a doctor and receive treatment so that it can be cured in 7 to ten days.
Conjunctivitis can be treated through a range of medical treatments. Usually, one goes to an optometrist but have you tried consulting a homeopathic for a change?
Advantages of Homeopathy
Natural medicine: Homeopathy is a natural form of medicine and is considered to be an alternative form of medicine. It would not aggravate the problem, but it would find a quick solution to relieve you from it. Allopathic medicines contain certain chemicals and drugs which might not be suitable for many individuals.
Can fight all the symptoms of conjunctivitis: This disease has some common symptoms. Some of them are redness, swelling of the eye, yellow discharges, water flow from the eyes, and others. These symptoms can be well managed by homeopathic medicines as well. These medicines work to heal the root cause of the disease and cure it.
You recover quickly: Usually it takes around a week to t10 days for conjunctivitis to completely heal. For this period, it is advised that the affected person stays indoors to avoid contamination and spread of the disease. Adhering to homeopathy can actually reduce the time span of this disease, thereby completely healing you in no time and so that you can go about your daily routine.
No side effects: Most medicines are made of drugs and chemicals and have various side effects. But with homeopathy being a naturally sourced medicinal option, the chances of having side effects are less. However, it is advisable to know beforehand if homeopathy suits you or not. If it does, then there are lesser chances of side effects.
The above factors have made it clear that conjunctivitis can be easily treated with homeopathic medicines. In case homeopathy suits you, then it might be a good idea for you to follow this course of medicine to treat this disease.
Homeopathic Medicines For Conjunctivitis
Here are the 5 best Homeopathic medicines for allergic conjunctivitis-
The dosage and the exact medicine varies from patient to patient and depends on the severity of the problem. This does not in any way mean that only these 5 homeopathic medicines that can be used in conjunctivitis. There are dozens of other medicines that are required at times depending on individual symptoms of the patient. It is always recommended to consult a specialized homeopath before taking any such medication.