Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Adarsh PurangYour feedback matters!
Irregular periods n taking ayurvedic medicine since last three months. But still didn't get periods. Is there any problem.
My wife get her period only for 2 days but her periods is on time i.e regularly sometime only 1 or 2 days difference has been seen. please suggest she need to visit games or not.
My wife is 8 months pregnant and suffering from head pain,Cold and fever and her leg constantly pains. please help me with this.
Bakery Bread is calorie bomb:
The starches in bread get broken down quickly in the digestive tract and enter the bloodstream as glucose.
White bread has high glycemic index because it's made from refined grains that are rapidly absorbed during digestion, causing sharp spikes in blood sugar and insulin levels and increases risk for weight gain, type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol and heart disease.
Even whole wheat bread spikes blood sugar faster than many candy bars!
When blood sugar goes up rapidly, it tends to go down just as quickly. When blood sugar goes down, we become hungry.
Bread contains lots of Gluten
Wheat contains a large amount of a protein called gluten. Gluten is a troublesome protein that appears to be doing more damage to our health than we initially thought. This protein has glue-like properties (hence the name gluten) responsible for dough’s viscoelastic properties.
This is found in traces in wheat, barley, and rye — pretty much any bread or pasta product has it. (Rice and corn are absolutely free from it)
It is believed that 30-50% or more of the population is gluten sensitive, thus are deteriorating their health by eating wheat.
Side effects of gluten
Low Nutrient Absorption
The only way to really know if you’re gluten sensitive is to remove gluten from your diet for 30 days and then reintroduce it and see whether it affects you.
Bread contains anti-nutrient substances
Most bread also contains the “anti-nutrient” phytic acid.
Phytic acid is a molecule that strongly binds essential minerals like calcium, iron and zinc, preventing them from being absorbed. This aggravates vitamin D deficiency.
Bread is extremely low in essential nutrients
There is NO nutrient in bread that you can’t get from other foods in even greater amounts.
Here are some other statistics about the huge loss of nutrients when white bread is made:
About 50% of all calcium is lost
70% of phosphorus
80% of iron
98% of magnesium
75% of manganese
50% of potassium and
65% of copper is destroyed when white bread is made.
80% of thiamin, 60% of riboflavin, 75% of niacin, 50% of pantothenic acid.
About 50% of Pyridoxine is also lost.
Bread raises the bad cholestrol
What this means is that whole wheat significantly harms blood lipids and may drastically raise risk of heart disease.
Myth: whole wheat is healthy
Whole Wheat is Just “Less Bad” Than Refined Wheat
It’s like comparing unfiltered cigarettes to filtered cigarettes. Filtered cigarettes are less harmful, but that does not make them healthy.
The ‘SAID’ healthy bread is also very rich in phytic acid.
Bleaching process ads toxins to the flour which may lead to cancer
The flour that is made into white bread is bleached with benzoyl peroxide. The bleaching process does nothing to clean the flour. It has no purpose other than to make the product more visually appealing, so that consumers will be more likely to purchase it. In the process, benzoyl peroxide creates free radicals and benzoic acid. Free radical species are well known to contribute to DNA damage and aging, and benzoic acid can cause contact irritation, discomfort, weakness, and malaise. When ingested, the agent can cause headache, nervousness, nausea, and vomiting.
In addition to the health effects mentioned above, benzoic acid also contributes to the destruction of beneficial intestinal bacteria. This increases chances of colon carcinoma.
Evils together- ketchup, jam and butter
Most common companions of bread are butter, jam and sauce/ketchup
Jam – High sugarà High glycemic index à Diabetes
Butter – High in saturated fatty acid. Main cause of heart diseases.
Ketchup – High acetic acid content – causes acidity, electrolyte imbalance.
High salt à High blood pressure.
>80 % part of catch up is non-nutritious.
Hello! I'm 34 yrs planning for baby. I'm having partner duct cyst. If take folic acid tablets will it harm me. Does folic acid tablets help to conceive fast? Please suggest
Hi I am married since 8 years. Me and my wife are sexual satisfied and no problem in sex. But have major problem for me since couple of years to discharge sperms into my wife vagina during sex. Me and my wife are very disappointed as she is unable to conceive pregnancy till now. Please advise what to do and which medicines are useful for me.
Hello I am an european traveler and I just found out that I Am pregnant. I heard about RU 486. I am Currently in Goa and I am Looking for a clinic/ gynae who can help me in this matter. Can you advice me where to go? Thank you very much.
I am 25 yeas old and my girlfriend Is 18 years old. I always use condom for sex and never does unprotected sex. My question is Can Precum leads to pregnancy if it is inserted into women's vagina? Thanks.
Hello, we are married couples. My wife had normal delivery and after 3 months we started having sex. I lick my wife's vagina and also suck her breasts and drink her breast milk. Is there any problem if I drink from my wife's breast. Is my wife's breast going to run out of milk? Is there any chance of infection passing onto baby? Thanks for your answer.
I tested negative for pregnancy test kit and a creamy white discharge is coming on my first missed day of my period, my lower abdomen is cramps and feeling hurt on sleeping on my stomach. Also feeling back pain sometime on right side and sometime left. Feeling feverish ,vomiting, heavy stomach in morning, uncomfortable to breath.
Hi Being a woman I don't have enough thoughts. I am very interested in sex. Recently I got married. But I didn't get satisfied with him. So tell me solution.
Present she is pregnant. Upto how many months I can have sex with her? If I participate any problem?
Fertility related Hi I am married 2 years back now we are planning for child .for that we started unprotected intercourse from 2 month but no result. I have noticed that my sperm become thin white rather then thick white used to be 6 months back. Is it reason for low speed count are something else? I'm bit worry that I will become father or not? What should I do?
I am 23 weeks pregnant, and my SGPT Levels - Alanine Transaminase have come high this time - 39.4 U/L. Whereas the normal range is 10-28. Kindly advise what could be the reason and what should I do about it?
I have been diagnosed with PCOS with acne and body hair growth. And have been suggested Ginette-35 for 6-12 months. I need to know if the acne and other symptoms come back after we stop taking oral contraceptives after the suggested time?
Cholesterol is carried through your blood, attached to proteins. This combination of proteins and cholesterol is called a lipoprotein. There are different types of Lipoprotein in your blood:
• Low-density lipoprotein (LDL). LDL, or "bad," cholesterol transports cholesterol particles throughout your body. LDL cholesterol builds up in the walls of your arteries, making them hard and narrow causing Atherosclerosis..
• Very-low-density lipoprotein (VLDL). This type of lipoprotein contains the most triglycerides, a type of fat, attached to the proteins in your blood. VLDL cholesterol makes LDL cholesterol larger in size, causing your blood vessels to narrow
• High-density lipoprotein (HDL). HDL, or "good," cholesterol picks up excess cholesterol and takes it back to your liver from where it is excreted.
How to know if you are at risk of High Cholestrol:
• Obesity. Having a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or greater puts you at risk of high cholesterol.
• Large waist circumference. Your risk increases if you are a man with a waist circumference of at least 40 inches (102 centimeters) or a woman with a waist circumference of at least 35 inches (89 centimeters).
• Poor diet. Foods that are high in cholesterol, such as red meat, egg yolk, full-fat dairy products, trans fats, found in some commercially baked cookies, will increase your total cholesterol.
• Lack of exercise. Exercise helps boost your body's HDL "good" cholesterol while lowering your LDL "bad" cholesterol. Not getting enough exercise puts you at risk of high cholesterol.
• Diabetes. High blood sugar contributes to higher LDL cholesterol and lower HDL cholesterol. High blood sugar also damages the lining of your arteries.
• Smoking: Smoking damages the walls of your arteries and also decreases your good cholesterol.
1) Diet: Top foods to lower your cholesterol and protect your heart are:
a) Oats: Oats contain soluble fibre which decreases your LDL (Bad cholesterol)
b) Fatty Fish: Fish has no effect on LDL but eating fatty fish can be heart healthy because of its high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, which can reduce your blood pressure and risk of developing blood clots ,thus preventing Heart attacks.
d) Walnuts, almonds and other tree nuts can improve blood cholesterol. Rich in mono- and polyunsaturated fatty acids, walnuts also help keep blood vessels healthy.
e) Cook in Monounsaturated fat — found in olive, peanut and canola oils .
f) Eat whole grain breads and whole fruits to add fibre to your diet.
2) Exercise: Brisk walk for 30-60 minutes daily.
3) Reduce your weight.
4) Limit your alcohol intake.
5) Quit smoking.
6) Follow a Mediterranean diet which is Heart healthy.
Most people listen to music or their favourite videos while on the move, and they spend a considerable amount of time plugging in the headphones or earphones. If you are concerned about the pros and cons of the headphones and earphones, or rather which one is better, you will have to consider various aspects. These include noise isolation, frequency response, noise cancellation and comfort of wearing.
Earphones are devices which are worn on the pinna or the internal part of the ear. This device is also referred to as earbuds, in-ears, canal phones, buds, in-ear headphones, IEMs.
Headphones are equipment worn on or around the ear. These are not considered as handy as the earphones and are also known as ear speakers. Let’s evaluate the pros and cons of these two devices and choose the one that is better.
- Frequency response curve: This helps in assessing how much distortion is brought about by the devices which relate to the clarity. They should be able to respond equally well to all the pitches without transmitting any frequency more loudly than another. This suggests that the frequency you are receiving should be exactly similar to what has been fed in regardless of the frequency ranges. Typically, the earphones have bad frequency response while the headphones tend to have better frequency response. If you are primarily concerned about the noise distortion, then you should opt for headphones.
- Noise isolation: By this, it is understood how well does the gear help in isolating other noises than what you are trying to listen. Generally, higher noise isolation is preferred unless you are willing to hear the sounds of the ambience. Better isolation also ensures that your audio would not bother others surrounding you. A rightly fitted pair of earphones would be able to give you the best noise isolation whereas good over-ear headphones would not be able to seal the sound from going out.
- Noise cancellation: Noise cancellation is entirely different from the noise isolation. In the process of noise isolation, the atmospheric sounds which intrude in are reproduced and inverted. This is an excellent feature especially when you are travelling through public transportation or walking down the street. When it comes to earphones, the noise cancellation feature is are not as effective as headphones unless you buy any of the high end pieces. But the headphones are far better in cancelling the noises that are constantly playing in the backdrop.
Judging from all these aspects, the headphones tend to be a better purchase than the earphones, and they are also much more comfortable. Still, it boils down to personal preference at the end. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.