Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Achla BatraYour feedback matters!
My wife is pregnant last week we come to know so can we have sex or what are care could we take pls ans me.
I am 1 month pregnant. So what have to do in this days. I know somehow that this is very risk period.
Find the reason given below:
We all need some fat in our diet, not least because it makes our food palatable and tasty but is essential for our body, In low fat products altering the oil used for producing low fat foods, manufacturers also found they had to increase the amount of sugar in their products so we continued to enjoy their taste and texture.
All of this meant that the typical low fat product tended to be high in carbs, might contain trans fat which are really bad for our heart and at the end of the day had a very similar calorie count to the original product.im fact when we eat foods high in carbs especially white refined ones, our bodies digest them more quickly, this can lead to blood sugar swings and cravings making it more difficult to control our overall calorie intake-which means that second or third ‘low fat’ biscuit starts to look very tempting!
A diet too high in these refined carbs and sugars can be as unhealthy as a high fat diet because it increases the risk of diabetes,heart diseases and causes high cholesterol levels.
I have discovered my pregnancy after 8 days of having intercourse. Now I do not want the baby right now. So what are the simplest options available now to avoid the pregnancy.
Mera esse pehle ek misscarrige hua hai aur mai avi five months pregnant hu, mere doctor ne mera BOH panel test karwaya after misscarrige jisme mera PTT (Test) 43.8 ,DRVV Confirmatory test 37.30,Rubella IGG 114.02,Cytomegalovirus Igg > 20, Herpes Simplex virus -1 Igg 5.65 aur Antinuclear Antibodies positive hai. Mere doctor mujhe dubara conceive karne ke baad three months continue lonopin 40 g De rhi hai aur ab ye injection mujhe week mai 3 days lene bola gya hai delivery hone tak doctor Mai ye jan na chahte hu ke mere baby ko ab to koi problem nhi hoge na aur kya ye injection mere aur mere baby ke leye sahi hai.
Women’s anatomy is different from men’s anatomy and so are the problems that they face. Women’s anatomy is special, complicated, and unique, they face several gynaecological problems at different stages. Getting to know your body, possible health problems, their causes, and preventive measures will help you stay away from such health issues.
Causes of gynaecological problems in today’s life:
Today, most women are career focussed and work extensively. The enormous work pressure is a leading cause of many of the gynaecological disorders. A recent study shows that 68% of working women suffer lifestyle diseases like obesity, depression, diabetes, hypertension and backache. Most of them skip meals and often eat junk and processed food. Environment pollution, lack of sleep, less sunlight exposure, lack of exercise, poor nutrition, anxiety, insecurity, excessive intake of alcohol and drug are among the other causes of these diseases. The lifestyle changes and lack of awareness have resulted in problems like breast cancer, infertility, menstrual disorders, high-risk pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, etc.
Some common gynaecological problems:
- Breast Cancer: One of the leading cause of untimely death in women is breast cancer. Many women irrespective of the race and region are getting affected by breast cancer. Women over forty years are more prone to this cancer. Early diagnosis and general lifestyle changes result in increased survival rate. As a preventive measure for breast cancer, women over 40 years should opt for a mammogram scan once in 2 years. Self-examination of breasts is recommended as well.
- Menstrual Disorders: Menstrual disorders include Amenorrhea, Menorrhagia, Irregular bleeding, Dysmenorrhoea, etc. Common causes for menstrual disorders are stress, hormonal imbalance, birth control pills, diet, lack of physical activities, etc. When the menstrual cycle is absent, it is called Amenorrhea, and when the secretion of menstrual fluid is more than the average, it is called Menorrhagia.
- Infertility: The inability to conceive a baby is called infertility and the problem seems to be on the rise every year. The major causes of infertility in women are inadequate levels of hormones and problems with ovulation. Many treatments are available to improve the chances of conception. Hormone treatments, drugs to increase fertility, and surgical procedures to name a few. However, regular exercises, balanced diet, and stress-free life are natural ways that may offer a huge relief from this problem.
- High-risk pregnancy: When in a pregnancy there are too many complications than the normal pregnancy it is called a High-risk pregnancy. Late marriage, lifestyle disorders, conceiving after 35years may cause a high-risk pregnancy. In a high-risk pregnancy bleeding during the 3rd trimester, RH incompatibility, abnormalities of reproductive tract may happen.
Preventive measures against the gynaecological problems:
Other than the medicinal and clinical support there are some precautions by which a woman can take away the gynaecological problems from herself.
- Healthy Diet: Lots of fresh fruits and green vegetables along with a well-balanced diet is imperative for a disease-free life. Avoid junk foods, aerated drinks, and fatty foods. Don’t skip the meal and eat in proper time.
- Physical activity every day: Indulge in any kind of physical activity or sport. From swimming to running to yoga and aerobics, choose the one you love and get going, every day. Being active is the key to keep lifestyle diseases away.
I am single not married. Can I take primolut N to postpone my periods for 10 days even if it already crossed my date by 2 days? My date is on 28 and from 30 I am taking primolut N for 10 days. Will there be any problem? Pls help.
Hi I am 33 year old.my wife 24 year old we married 2012, please advice this is correct time to get baby, but we are trying till not happening please give some advice to get.
I am 21 year old I am pregnant but I dont want child so Please suggest solution .( period 40 to 45 days)without side effect thanks.
My wife is pregnant and is getting treated in a hospital abroad. 40! weeks, amniotic 70, foetal heart beat monitoring - good, oxytocin gave good contraction but cervix did not open. Dr. suggested cesarean but as we preferred normal Dr. sent home asking to drink more water and walk a lot waiting for labour. misoprostol or cerviprime gel are preferred here as Dr. fear that it could lead to uncontrolled contraction. What can be done to improve the probability of normal delivery.
I have irregular periods while taking medicines for withdrawal only periods are coming without medication I am not getting my periods they r telling hormonal imbalance I have pcod how can I get my periods naturally.
My wife was pregnant 5 months ago and that time she had 4 months old pregnancy. Everything was good but suddenly heart beat of baby stopped and doctor suggest us to abort it and we follow his advice too. Now we tried to plan a baby last month but there is no positive result . My wife getting scare now. Please give us advice
I am married but my wife not getting pregnant and please help me sir I am twenty six yrs old and I am married four year ago sir please help me
Virus, the bad ones, in particular, can have serious effects on the body, which a person would not like to have, in any case. This is surely true when the case of herpes zoster is being talked about. This form of herpes is commonly known as shingles. But what if there was a proper solution to this issue? When a person has blisters forming and causing a rash in a limited area, shingles is likely to be the cause of the same.
What is interesting to know too many people is the fact that the virus, which is responsible for shingles or herpes zoster is the same one which is the cause for chickenpox! This virus is never cleared out even when the symptoms of chickenpox have long left the body of the person who had it. As a matter of fact, in some cases, it does reappear and affects the body again except this time in the form of shingles. However, doctors do not know why this occurs. Is that not weird?
Most people who have the bad luck of dealing with shingles are over sixty years of age. While knowing all this is quite beneficial, what about the treatment of shingles?
When it comes to the homoeopathic treatment of shingles, there is a range of options, which can be made use of. That being said, it is of the highest importance to keep in mind the fact that medicine should only be taken as per the prescription of a trained professional in homoeopathic medicine. This is especially true as homoeopathic treatment is very subjective and under the wrong course of medication, the result is not likely to be desirable!
Arsenicum album is one of the most popular medicines from the homoeopathic field. In most of the cases, where it is ideally used, the patient is undergoing pain with a burning sensation on the affected area of the skin. When a rash begins to form, there is normally some tingling in the skin in the run up to it.
Homoeopathic treatment is so good that there is medicine to nip the problem in the bud before it has the chance to cause the affected person a whole deal of anguish. Aconite is the medicine, in this case.
Hepar sulphur and Rhus Toxicodendron are also used often over the course of treatment. The former is useful especially for people with unhealthy skin while the latter is commonly used for herpes of the face and around the joints. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathy and ask a free question.
Sir, I am married. My wife ia pregnant for about 2 months. We don't want child right now since I have one child of 4 months. Please provide me any method to get rid of it.
I want to start skipping. But c section done on August 6th. Can I start Yoga and other work outs normally? Guide me best way.
Hello, I am 25 year male wants to marry my second cousin (my father's mother and her mother's mother are real sisters) please help me with birth defects and also suggest should I go with biological child or adaption.
My wife abortion done 4 times. I want to ask she can become pregnant in future or not? Please advise.
Addiction not only includes physical things we consume, such as drugs or alcohol, but also includes virtually anything, such abstract things as gambling to seemingly harmless products, such as chocolate, etc. In other words, addiction may refer to a substance dependence (e.g. drug addiction) or behavioral addiction (e.g. gambling addiction).
Causes: There is a link between the repeated uses of an addictive substance and how the human brain experience pleasure, its use has a nice reward, leading to further and more frequent use. The addictive substance, be it nicotine, alcohol or some drug actually causes physical changes in some nerve cells in the brain. After a while, the user of the potentially addictive substance does not get the same pleasure and has to increase the dose, as his/her body's tolerance to it increases. Eventually, the user no longer experiences pleasure from the substance and takes it simply to prevent withdrawal symptoms taking the substance just makes them feel normal. When tolerance increases, the risk of addiction is much greater.
Signs and Symptoms: A person starts to show symptoms when a person takes the substance, such as nicotine , alcohol etc. and has given a serious attempt to stop, but is unable to do so because of the withdrawal symptoms. The body of an addict will go in withdrawal state when once the level of the substance abused is below a certain level. When a person goes in withdrawal state it will show signs, such as craving, bouts of moodiness, bad temper, poor focus, extreme temperament, poor focus, continuous feeling of depression, emptiness, frustration, anger, bitterness and resentment. Apart from these the addict will also display symptoms such as increased appetite, insomnia, constipation,and diarrhea. Withdrawal caused by some substances can also trigger signs like violence, seizures, hallucination, sweating and trembling, etc. However, the addiction continues despite health problem awareness. An addicted person commonly feels they need their drug in order to deal with their problems.
Investigation of Addiction: Blood test is advised to determine whether the substance is still in the blood (whether the substance has been taken recently). DSM criteria for substance dependence that is a patient diagnosed with substance dependence (an addiction) must meet criteria laid out in the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders), a manual published by the American Psychiatric Association.
What you can do?: Acknowledge the problem and consult for help from an expert. Family members must be supportive in creating a congenial environment for the addicted person.
Role of Homeopathy in Management of Addiction: The first step for the addicted person is to acknowledge that there is a substance dependency problem (addiction problem). The next step is to get help. In most of the world there are several support groups and professional services available. Treatment options for addiction depend on several factors, including what type of substance it is and how it affects the patients. Typically, treatment includes a combination of inpatient and outpatient programs, counselling (psychotherapy), self-help groups, pairing with individual sponsors, and medication.
Talking of medication, Homoeopathy definitely has a major role to play in the de-addiction journey of a 'patient'. Over the years it has been seen that homeopathy has produced tremendous results in such cases. People have approached for quitting alcohol, smoking, drugs, etc. and majority of them have been wonderfully helped by Homoeopathy. Those who haven't achieved desirable results have either lacked willingness or conviction on their own part, or have had a non-congenial and non-co-operative environment at home and work place. For any de-addiction plan to be successful for a patient these 2 factors are the most important. A willing person with a co-operative and supportive environment is much more receptive and responsive to the medical treatment.
The commonest attacking area for any addictive substance is the Central Nervous System (CNS). The substance inhibits the release of neurotransmitters, which are responsible for carrying nerve impulses. Once these neurotransmitters are inhibited in their normal functioning, a person develops delayed nervous responses and irregular nerve impulses leading to addiction. It is a vicious circle. So, as the centre of attack is the CNS, a medical system that boosts and strengthens the CNS would automatically prove beneficial in such dreadful cases. Homoeopathy is that very medical science! The homoeopathic medicines are absorbed through the nerve root endings of the tongue and directly hit the CNS. There are some very powerful Homoeopathic medicines, which have the ability to shake up the CNS and work in a normal manner as it is used to be. These Homoeopathic medicines, thus have the ability to develop control and also the power to abstain from the substance in later stages of the treatment.
But the first and foremost attempt is made to manage the withdrawal symptoms. It is the fear of the withdrawal symptoms only that a patient may lose conviction and confidence in him and give in to the indulgence once again. This is where the role of family and friends also comes in. when the struggle of 1 man becomes fight for the whole team; chances are very high of coming out victorious. There are brilliant medicines in Homoeopathic science, which can help the person in managing and fighting with the withdrawal symptoms with ease. Medicines like Nux vomica, Kali phos., Arsenic Album, Coffea cruda, Aconite, Gelsemium, Argentum nitricum, Ipecac, Acid sulphurosum, Caladium, Daphna indica, Quercus, etc. have proved to be extremely effective in helping a person wean off completely of the addictive substances.
Mind the Mind: Over the past two issues, we took up the burning problem of addiction as a mental illness, explored its, nature and probable causes that go into the making of an addict. The current issue is aimed at spreading awareness about the available evidence based psychological treatments for de-addiction.
- Psychotherapy: Also called as 'talk therapy', is aimed at helping the patient to understand the link between their thoughts, feelings and behaviour so that the maladaptive ones can be replaced with more adaptive and productive processes. Interventions in terms of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Motivation Enhancement Therapy (MET) and Behaviour Therapy are efficient in the treatment of addiction behaviour.
- Craving control: Use of certain medicines and behavioural techniques can help a person deal with the intense feelings of craving when it seems too much to bear. It gives a sense of greater control to the person over the substance, which in turn motivates him/her to stay away from using the substance. Many people report that they tend to continue the abuse the substance since they are unable to handle the period of intense craving, which can come all of a sudden.
- Relapse prevention: Arguably it is the most important component of de-addiction program. Leaving the substance is not that hard, but staying away from it is the most difficult part as reported by many patients with addiction. To ensure that the person stays clean and healthy without the substance, they are taught some techniques like asking for help whenever they feel the need to do the substance or staying away from potentially, dangerous situations, like going to party where alcohol is available. With therapy, the individual gains more confidence in his/her own abilities rather than depending on the substance for facing life situations. In addition to this, they also start enjoying their life without the substance. Both the patient and his/her family play an important part in this process hence they are educated about it and are advised regarding appropriate ways of ensuring sobriety for the patient.
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA): It is a self-hellp group in which ex-alcoholics come together and share their experiences, for instance how they got into drinking, how it affected their life and now how they are maintaining their sobriety. These are mostly weekly sessions and have been found to be very effective in supporting the recovery of alcoholics to stay motivated and be clean without the use of alcohol. Similar to AA, there is NA (Narcotics Anonymous for drug addicts) and Al-Anon (for the family members and friends of problem drinkers).
- Yoga and exercise: A healthy daily routine with yoga or regular exercise promotes feelings of general well-being and ensures healthy mind and body. It detoxifies the body faster and even helps in recovering from the damage caused due to excessive substance use.
- Social skill training: An important aspect for being away from drugs/alcohol is the ability to say NO to such offers from others. Assertive behaviour, healthy communication pattern and good problem solving ability are skills that are taught to assist the person to stay healthy without feeling the need to take the substance.
One of the simplest, yet very powerful principles of staying healthy is 'ONE DAY AT A TIME'! Instead of making any long-term plans for staying sober, which might seem over-whelming and extremely difficult, just plan for that very day and DECIDE to be clean without the substance.