Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Achla BatraYour feedback matters!
My marriage life completed with 1 year but I have no baby. please tell me about why I am not pregnant.
With the fast changing scenario and advancement of research, the definition of ailments are also becoming precise. Earlier, one term 'Impotency' was used in wider sense to define all sexology related problems, such as erectile dysfunction, low libido, low sperm count, infertility, and the inability to produce a child in both males and females. However today, with the advancement of research each problem has its own definition. Impotency is the condition where you suffer from a sexual dysfunction. It can cause stress and might undermine your confidence when you and your partner have a sexual encounter. It might also cause uneasiness between the two of you or embarrassment for having a dysfunction. In men, impotency is mostly in the form of erectile dysfunction whereas in women it is the inability to get pregnant. It may be due to a physical condition or an emotional trauma that you might be facing. Here are the two broad divisions of the causes of impotency:
1. Psychological causes: Depression, anxiety or stress might be the major psychological causes for impotency. Also various mental disorders might take a toll on potency and your sexual libido. A sexual dysfunction might just start very suddenly after suffering from any psychological trauma. A very common psychological problem which men face at least once in their lifetime is a condition called performance anxiety. You become extremely conscious about whether you will be able perform well as the society expects men to take an upper hand while having sex. This burdens you and you get anxious about your performance in bed, causing you to suffer from a dysfunction. In cases of a marital dispute or lack of communication with your partner might also be a reason of an occasional dysfunction.
2. Physical causes in women: The physical causes may or may not be curable naturally. Sometimes surgeries are required to cure these causes. Some medicines have certain side effects which can cause a dysfunction to form. Often times not enough blood flows to the reproductive organs which results in impotency. Certain nervous and hormonal disorders also affect your potency. Disorders like Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, blocked fallopian tubes, hormonal imbalances causing irregular periods, or improper egg implantation can cause impotency. In these cases it is extremely difficult for the women to become pregnant, i.e., you will not be able to conceive.
3. Physical causes in men: Having a low sperm count is the most common factor which results in impotency. Hormonal disorder like hypogonadism which results in a low sperm count is also a contributing factor. If you have a blockage in the testicles, it will again affect the sperm count negatively. Improper ejaculation is another common cause of impotency.
Although impotency may be extremely disheartening, you can be treated for it and have your own family eventually.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 20 years old male and I ejected my sperm into my girlfriends mouth and she swallow out. She was 3 days back for her periods .Can there is any chance to be pregnant and also can there is any chance that her periods date will move ahead.
26 year old female. Had to go through DandC on 25th dec 2015. Did not get periods until 21st feb 2016 after that. And now, it is not stopping even after medication. My physician prescribed me Regestrone for 10 Days but it got irregular between work n chores. But 26th feb, she changed meds and gave me trenaxa, Revici and MeftalSpas for the abdominal pains. A visit again on 28th, continue wd Revici 500mg, plus started me on overall for 21 days. M confused as to why is not the medicine working. Please help.
My wife was under treatment of PCOs and she had a miss carriage of 10 weeks in Nov 2015. Now she had consumed 10 tabs of Meprate 10mg as per doc suggestion, but her UPT test came positive showing 5 weeks 2 days baby. We want to continue with pregnancy, what are the consequences of meprate in this case?
I am trying to conceive since last one year, my gynae suggested me to take HSG, but c z out of town now. Can anyone on board let me explain my report. It's saying the internal os is narrow, fallopian tubes appear mildly dilated proximal to their fimbria end, s/o Hydrosalpinx. What does that mean? Am I unable to conceive becoz of this? If it is a problem, is it curable?
I and my gf was intimate on 11th july and there was hardly any penetration or ejaculation. But due to safety I gave her unwanted 72 within the next 6 hours. Her last periods was on 1th july and due date is 28 or 29 th july. Will she have a normal period and is there any chances of pregnancy. please reply I am in great tension.
Sir/mam my girlfriend have small breast size and she is regularly complaining about the pain in her breast, what can be the reason behind this Please explain?
Hello my wife asking to suck her boobs hardly. But aftr sucking she is telling that she getting pain but she feels happy with this any problem will be there.
Me and my partner had unprotected sex 17 days ago. Now we are worried as she missed her periods by 2-3 days. She didn't take any kind of contraceptives. Need help?
Tuberculosis is a lung related disease that is caused by bacteria known as Mycobacterium Tuberculosis. Tuberculosis spreads through the air and is a highly contagious disease that can be transmitted through coughing, sneezing and spitting. The symptoms of this condition include coughing, blood discharge while coughing, fever, extreme weight loss, and chills. Against general myths, this disease can be treated and is curable too. Effective, timely diagnosis and treatment with the correct methods and medication are required. Let us find out the various means for effective treatment of tuberculosis.
Diagnosis: Let us first look at the diagnosis method that will help in detecting the presence of the bacteria in the body. The doctor will take a blood sample and conduct a series of lab tests in order to diagnose the condition. Also, the doctor will check the medical history of the patient so as to understand what kind of complications the person may be prone to. For this, the doctor will also find out if the patient is suffering from diseases like diabetes, malnutrition and other conditions arising out of tobacco abuse. Diagnosis of Pulmonary TB is by sputum for AFB examination and some blood test may also be required.
Medication: Usually, the best way to treat this condition is with the help of a six month long course of antibiotics that may also last 12 months, depending on the prognosis. The patient will be put in quarantine as well, so that he or she does not end up spreading this disease to anyone else. A voluntary medical practitioner or trained health worker will help in care giving and medicine administration under the instructions of the doctor. The medication will usually consist of four antimicrobial drugs or antibiotics, which will stop the release of nutrition and oxygen to the bacteria so that it cannot develop and grow. This will also ensure that the bacteria gets killed eventually.
Control of Infection: The spread of the infection is such that a single sneeze or cough can infect up to ten to fifteen people who are near the patient without proper masks and other gear to prevent the transmission. Therefore, it is the job of the hospital to ensure that proper infection control takes place by using ultraviolet light to sterilise the air around the area where the TB patients have been admitted.
One thing that the patient must remember about the treatment is that immediate and timely treatment with medication must be taken so that the patient is able to get cured. If the patient skips medicines or does not get treated on time, then the infection will come back again and again. And after a point, the patient's body and the bacteria will not be able to react to the medicines.
transmission of gel type fluid from vagina. What is that? Does it indicate towards any infection in body?
I have irregular periods that occurs once in 50 to 55 days and I am 42 years old. What is the natural way out for a regular mensural cycle.
5 Things to Keep in Mind if you Have Had Unprotected Sex
If you are not planning to get pregnant, some kind of contraceptive precaution should always be taken before or during sex. But, sometimes real life situations do happen in emergency when one is either not ready / forgotten/ignorant or lazy to use these precautions. The resultant anxiety starts taking a toll on you from the next morning after. Here are a few things that every sensible woman should keep in mind:
1) Unwanted pregnancy: Please keep a track of your last period date i.e. the day you started to bleed in the last month and calculate a projected date when your periods will start in this month. One can roughly divide a 28 day cycle in 4 quarters. Then calculate in which quarter the unprotected sex happened. If it happened in the first and the last quarter, then your chances to conceive are extremely rare but theoretically a pregnancy can result from even a single sexual contact at any time of the period.
2) Emergency contraception: If a pregnancy is a total no-no, you must consult a doctor to give you emergency contraception. This tablet needs to be taken as early as possible and within 72 hours of unprotected contact. The sooner it is taken the better are the results but its effectiveness is not 100% and failures resulting in pregnancy happen many a times. So do not rely on emergency pills except in real emergencies.
There is another way to protect your-self which is considered more effective by doctors. Intrauterine devices (Copper-T or multiload)can be inserted in your uterus up-to 5 days after an unprotected intercourse and removed as soon as your periods come. You could keep it for longer if you wish to use it as your regular contraceptive. This is more effective in avoiding pregnancy as compared to the pill and you could discuss this option with your gynaecologist.
3) Sexually transmitted infections: If it has been a one night stand or you are not very sure of your partner's sexuality, you must visit your gynaecologist to get yourself tested. Usually sexually transmitted infections cause pain in your lower tummy, foul smelling or itchy vaginal discharge, difficulty in urination and painful sex. If you think you have developed a STD (sexually transmitted disease), treatment should be taken quickly to avoid permanent damage.
4) Urinary infections: Difficulty in passing urine/ burning sensation and passing it drop by drop could be a sign of urinary infection which happens commonly in sensitive women after oral or vaginal sex. If you have any problems like this a simple urine routine test should be done to detect infections and treatment taken soon to avoid bad effect on your kidney.
5) Delay in Periods: Sometimes after unprotected intercourse, the periods are delayed. This can happen due to many reasons. The commonest reason is a delay associated with the use of emergency pills(I-Pill/unwanted 72 etc. available in Indian markets)) of up to one week. Stress, hormonal imbalance and failure of emergency pills causing a pregnancy are others. Whatever be the reason, one should not take a chance and at least do a home pregnancy test once every three days till periods resume. If the home test shows a positive pregnancy, you should contact your gynaecologist for further help.
Hi doctor, I am breastfeeding my 1 year old baby girl. I would like to stop it asap. But she asks it more nowadays. She doesn't drink cow's milk either in feeding bottle r in glass. Suggest me some tips how to make her forget my milk.
Please tell me a question's answer I am a medical line student so please don't think bad at all If a girl do sex in age of 20 after she 4-5 year when she married her husband can find his wife do sex before or not? If yes explain me please
Hello. I have gynic related question. Last month I over consumed ipill ie. 3,which I shouldn't have. Now this month a got period but very little flow. After 3 days periods started again and now the flow is too much. Please suggest. Is it just of this month. Any precautions I can take to neutralise or regularise hormonal imbalance caused.
Health is wealth! This age old adage holds true even today. The usual practice of 3 meals a day needs some tinkering and 5 small meals a day seems like a good way forward. Go to any dietician or any nutritionist and they will vouch for its benefits. So, let us now take a look at the many advantages that come up with this multiple meal plan:
- Alter the food schedule and instil a sense of discipline: It helps in altering your food schedule. When you spread your meals throughout the day, it allows you to try different dishes without over consuming any one dish. With more opportunities to eat healthy, you can develop proper diet charts and follow it properly across the entire day. Moreover, it teaches you discipline to keep a check on your diet.
- Keeps a check on binge eating and overeating: Five meals a day plan can help you control your weight. Intake of small meals prevents binge eating. You don't need to consume in large quantity at once if there are more meals to look forward to throughout the duration of the day. Smaller meals, condition you in such a way that you do not indulge in overeating even if you are outside.
- Something in every meal: Since you're opting for five meals a day, you will indulge in different types of food items throughout the day right from vegetables, fruits, cereals, eggs, milk-shakes and much more. This will not only keep your palette satisfied, but will also make sure that you get all the right amount of nutrients as nothing healthy will be left out.
- Goes hand in hand with all the diet charts and plans: Eating healthy and in small portion ensures that you are on course for your diet plan. Five meals a day will give you a chance to screen your nourishment intake and manage it more viably. It also helps in keeping your appetite under check. It maintains a healthy balance between healthy eating and satiating your hunger.
Disregard the three-feast model; it has now become obsolete. Your busy schedule requests that you take a more dynamic approach to your nourishment. Five meals a day is just the right way to ensure that you have your share of proper nutrients every day.
Related Tip: "5 Energy - Boosting Foods to Try"