Lybrate.com has top trusted Anesthesiologists from across India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Abhjit Singh PahwaYour feedback matters!
I am a 39 yr old man suffering from lower back(pelvic) pain since four months. Recently I have changed my job, so I need to travel 55-60 km daily on bike. I think its because of having habit of keeping wallet in back pocket. But since two months I left that practice though pelvic pain remained same. Especially it pains a lot while waking up out of sofa. Kindly suggest the remedial cure. Thanks
I am 18 years old student living in hostel. Since a month I am suffering from back pain (in the spine and in the muscles) and it is increasing day by day. In the tests it came that my vitamin D3 level is 5.59 and B12 level is 211. What should I do, I mean whether I should consult a Bone specialist or a Muscular specialist? Please guide me I am so confused.
I'm 22 year old girl. My right knee pains I can't balance on that knee. My right knees right side. What should I do?
I am 34 year old female. I am experiencing pain on the sides of right leg heel for last 2 months. The pain is acute during morning when I get up from sleep. Also, I feel the same pain when I get up after sitting for a while. Please note that it does not pain while walking since the pain is on the sides and not in the middle.
I am working in 20 degrees temperature throughout the year in day time for 8 hours average. I have esonophile of 5.7.i always feel that my hand and feet are internally collapse. So what prevention and change I should obey to avoid any kind of health related issues from the above situation.
Sir, I am suffering from backache, diabetes, thyroid, hypertension and stones in right kidney. Is there any solution for my ailments.
I am 20 year old female. I got thyroid 4 months ago, it declared as hypothyroid. i am using medicine but from 2 days i am getting pain in neck when I touch my neck its paining. why it is.
knee is the largest joint in the human body and is a complex structure formed of bone, muscle and cartilage. Development of pain in the knees can be caused by numerous factors such as aging, injuries, diseases, dietary deficiencies, etc.
Arthritis is the most common cause of knee pain and usually affects the elderly and aged. It occurs due to an inflammation of the joint and causes pain, swelling, redness and inflexibility of the knees.
What are the factors that determine treatment method?
Diagnosis for knee pain varies from patient to patient as each case is different and must be approached differently. Some of the factors that determine the treatment method are as follows:
- Cause of the problem
- Nature and intensity of pain
- Age of the patient
- Medical history of the patient
- Diet and lifestyle of the patient
There are a number of different types of arthritis which can affect the knees in different ways and, consequently, require different types of treatment methods.
What are the various treatment methods for knee pain?
1. Conventional Remedies - These are used in case of conditions that are not too severe or chronic. It includes keeping on bed rest, using an ice pack, taking a painkiller and anti-inflammatory medicines, wearing knee braces, etc.
2. Physical Therapy - There are many stretching and strengthening exercise routines that help alleviate knee pain and treat the condition. Recovery is achieved by making the muscles around the knees stronger and increasing stability and flexibility.
3. Injections to the Knees - A number of anti-inflammatory substances and supplements, as well as lubricants, can be injected into the knee joint which helps reduce pain and makes the joint more supple.
4. Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy - This involves drawing platelets from the patient's blood and injecting it into the knee joint for repairing damage caused to ligaments, tendons or cartilage.
5. Surgery - Surgical procedures for treating knee pain include partial or complete knee replacements. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.
After six months I am still in constant pain which originally. Was due to hip bursitis. The x Ray shows a degeneration of the hip bone and pain tablets co codomol 8/500 four message per day with naproxen twice per day is not really relieving. The pain much. And now doctor says a total hip.
Sir there is some pain in my waist since last 10 days. I am little fat. So, suggest me sir how I remove this pain.
Knee pain from 2mnth injured during playing football. When I fold my knee then it gives pain bt after sometime walking I feel relax. Bt again it comes. When I bent my knee 5-10 min after I can not stay straight so what do.
I am getting back pain when I am doing work in front of my computer So what can I do for reducing my back pain.
Hello sir my name is anil Sharma I am 36 year old man I have back pain problem last two days what should I do please tell me doctor.
Sir I have backbone problem since 1 month so I can't sleep properly and some time I fill pan so sir what can I do?
Hello Good morning Doctor. My father is 60 years old he has pain in his shoulder blade since 1 year. His right hand third finger was injured in machine and little cut from finger end part he did not care but now finger is recovered and he says he feels pain in right shoulder after the injury of his finger while cutting grass in machine and his finger injured under the belly of machine .when he takes tablet pain killer he feels better when he stop tablet and do work he feels shoulder blade pain, he is a farmer since last 1 year he feels pain internal side of he shoulder what should he do?
Fibromyalgia is a musculoskeletal disorder that is characterized by pain in the muscles and the joints. This disorder leads to the development of multiple tender points on the body, wherein, a very small amount of pressure applied might result in pain. In some cases, social isolation and depression may occur as a result of this disorder.
The symptoms of fibromyalgia are:
1. You will have difficulties in sleeping at night
2. You may experience mental problems and cognitive dysfunction
3. Light and noise sensitivity
4. Irritable bowel syndrome
5. A numb feeling on your hands and feet
6. Chronic headaches
7. You may experience painful periods
8. Restless legs syndrome
9. You may be depressed
The muscles of the body tend to feel overworked, even though you may not have exercised. You may also experience deep throbbing pain and burning sensation in the muscles. In addition, it may cause symptoms similar to osteoarthritis and bursitis. You are at a higher risk of being affected by fibromyalgia if you have a family history of this particular disease.
Some other causes of this disease are:
1. Certain infections and illness may lead to fibromyalgia
2. Car accidents
3. Any repetitive motion
The treatments for this disorder include:
- Sleep management: Optimal levels of sleep at night help in improving symptoms of fibromyalgia. Don’t drink coffee or consume spicy foods before going to bed as these have the ability to interfere with your sleep cycles.
- Medications: The doctor may prescribe medications to manage the pain. Taking anti-depressants may be necessary if you suffer from depression.
- Other therapies: Massage treatments help in easing the symptoms of fibromyalgia. You may continue with your exercise regimen after consulting the doctor. Relaxation techniques like mediation may help improving your mental health. You may also be asked to include various food supplements to make sure your body receives the necessary nutrients in the right amounts. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopaedics.