Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Abhishek Srivastava
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Abhishek SrivastavaYour feedback matters!
Osteoporosis is an age related condition characterized by low bone density and fragile bones. Lack of calcium and vitamin D are the most common triggers of this condition. These are vital elements for healthy teeth as well. Osteoporosis has a direct relationship with oral health and can trigger a number of issues such as loss of teeth, gum and can cause periodontal disease. The effects of osteoporosis on oral health and affect more women than men. This risk increases when talking of menopausal women.
- The jawbone is one of the areas that bears the brunt of osteoporosis. The loss of bone density in this area can cause tooth loss and make teeth loose. It can also affect the gum ridges that hold dentures in their place. This can result in ill fitting dentures that need to be frequently changed.
- Medication for osteoporosis is also linked to dental health. In rare cases, antiresorptive medicines that are prescribed to strengthen the bones can lead to a condition known as osteonecrosis. This refers to the death of a bone due to poor blood supply. Antiresorptive medication can be administered orally or intravenously with the latter having a higher risk of triggering osteonecrosis. Though it affects the hips and shoulder bones in most cases, it can also affect the jaw bone. It is marked by pain, swelling, infection and exposed bone. Loose teeth, gum infections and numbness or heaviness of the jaw are also symptoms of osteonecrosis of the jaw bone.
- The risk of suffering from osteonecrosis cannot be determined beforehand. Hence it is a good idea to see your dentist before or just after starting antiresorptive treatment for osteoporosis and to schedule regular checkups for the duration of your treatment. Dental problems if any should be treated before starting medication for osteoporosis. Osteonecrosis of the jaw bone is most commonly seen after undergoing a dental procedure that affects the jawbone and associated tissues such as a tooth extraction. Ideally, invasive dental procedures should be avoided if you are taking antiresoptive medicines. However, it can also occur spontaneously.
- Biophosphonates are also commonly prescribed to treat osteoporosis. This type of medication slows down the breakdown of bone tissue. However, this can lead to the development of new bones. This is not a troublesome issue when it comes to bones like the hip, leg or arm bones but can be very disruptive if it affects the jawbone. This is because the jaw bone is constantly reforming and reshaping itself. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
I am suffering from ankylosing spondylitis, now I am having pain in lower back, shoulder. Is there cure for disease in homeopathic or ayurveda.
Pain in the back can be due to a number of reasons. It may be habitual, occupational, sports-related, or idiopathic.
- Habitual pain is usually due to patients being habituated to a faulty posture.
- Occupational pain is related to professions, which require standing or driving for long hours or professions like dentists who need to have a bent posture for extended periods of time.
- Sports-related pain usually affects athletes or children who bend their back inadvertently during taking part in sports.
Apart from these, back pain may also occur due to unknown or unrelated reasons. Homeopathic is a great alternative compared to allopathic medicines because it has no side effects and the cure is long term. The several homeopathic medications that may be used for back pain are as follows:
- Sulphur: It is a great remedy for patients who have back pain due to a slouching posture and whose pain worsens when they stand up.
- Ruta Graveolens: It is the remedy of choice in cases the patient experiences stiffness in joint or muscles, accompanied with feeling of soreness and lameness all over the back.
- Aesculus: It is a good homeopathic remedy in cases of very low back pain, which gets worse when the patient tried to stand upright from a previously sitting position.
- Rhus Toxicodendron: It is a recommended medicine in cases of pain of the lower back, shoulders and neck. Pain is worsened by damp and cold weather and by movement. Relief to such pain is provided by massage, hot baths, and warm applications.
- Arnica: This homeopathic gel is popular for its good effect on soft tissues and muscular pain.
- Nux Vomica: It is a great remedy for cases where pain gets worse by damp and cold weather, especially at night and painful muscle cramps are experienced in the lower back.
- Ignatia: It is a good remedy for emotional distress and for pain in the muscles of the lower back.
- Natrum Muriaticum: It is indicated for use in the pain of the lower back, which gets better from lying down on a hard surface.
- Bryonia: It is recommended in cases of strong pain in the lower back that prevents the patient from even moving, turning from side to side in the bed, coughing, or making any kind of sudden movement.
- Kali Carbonicium: It is a good remedy for patients who have frequent and strong night pains, accompanied with increased back pain during menses.
In addition to these, there are other homeopathic remedies that are recommended in cases of back pain such as Cimifuga, Calcarea Carbonica, Calcarea Phosphorica, Dulcamara, etc.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!