Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. AbhishekYour feedback matters!
I haven't slept for 2 days because of my ear pain I don't kno what happen but its paining alot I even contacted a specialist but still it don't work? What to do? Please help me?
My uncle has got a sudden bleeding from his nose, when we take him to the hospital doctor has given him first XAMIC- INJECTION, and followed by BLOOD PRESSURE test. And finally doctor decided for the carotene DOPLLER test. Can we have a brief suggestions from your side, which will help him to take better treatment. Patient has already having the habits of drinking and smoking.
Hello sir, I'm having sinus since past 19 yes and above none of the medicines work put for me. How it cause and how to get rid of it please help me.
I Am having allergies. That is have water coming outside from the nose (I don't know that disease name)& And there will be increase in body parts where something tough touches. I had tried English medicine And now am trying Ayurvedic but it lack in distracting it.
I am a 26 year old female. After marriage I am having cold and ear pain daily. My husband have a problem of cold in the mornings only. We are staying at chennai now.
The common reason why most of us get throat infections is because they are viral in nature. This means that if one person gets a throat infection then he transmits it to others by touching, coughing and sneezing etc.
Viral throat infections can be managed easily. There are several home remedies that can alleviate your viral infection. However, it is suggested to consult an ENT specialist if the home remedy is not providing any relief to you.
- Gargling: It is one of the most popular methods of treating viral throat infection. All you need to do is mix one tablespoon of salt in 200 ml of water and warm the solution. When the water becomes lukewarm, take a small portion of it and rinse your throat with the solution. Take care that the solution remains within your throat and does not reach your stomach. Rinse your throat for 5 minutes and repeat the procedure after a rest of 2 minutes. Ensure that the water remains lukewarm for effectiveness.
- Inhalation: Another common method of ridding yourself of viral throat infections is to inhale steam. Boil some water mixed with eucalyptus oil. When the water starts developing bubbles, take your face near it, cover it and the pot containing water with a dry towel and inhale the steam. This procedure is inconvenient for many people because inhalation results in sweating, but the result is perceptible. You must inhale steam for at least five minutes. Once you are done with inhalation, avoid taking cool fluids like cold water etc., else the effect would be reversed and your infection might get more severe.
- Take lots of fluids: Strange as it may sound, viral throat infection can also be treated by taking lots of hot fluids. The warm temperature helps in neutralising the viruses, while the fluids prevent the dehydration of the body. Take hot tea, coffee etc. when you have an infected throat.
- Drink hot milk and turmeric: Many mothers administer this solution to their kids to treat throat infections caused by viruses. This concoction is best taken before sleeping in the night. Turmeric has been found to carry several anti-microbial properties.
- Avoid smoking: If you are a smoker, you must avoid smoking to alleviate your viral throat infection.
- Use decongestants and nasal sprays: These substances make breathing easier by contracting the swollen mucous membranes. Nasal sprays also help relieve runny noses and post-nasal drips, which are so irritating and inconvenient to many. However, avoid administering this remedy to small children. Since these sprays contain synthetic drugs, it is advisable to stick to prescribed dosages for different age groups. Please also consult your ENT doctor before administering the nasal sprays to yourself or anybody else.
I am suffering from Tinnitus, in my both eras some kind of ringing and buzzing is going on from past 4 years if you have any suggestion or treatment about this disease so please tell me.
I use cpap machine for snoring but after 3 to 4 hrs I wake up daily any remedy for continuous sleep will you suggest.
My age is 63 yrs. In winter on anc often I sm suffering with running nose and sometimes blocked nose. This problem continues till 10 -15 days. Locally doctor examined and is of the opinion this is due to pollips. By taking steroid tablets it is cured. I am not interested in steroids. Do you suggest any medicine which is safe snd no side effects.
My mom is 58 years old. A couple of months back she had experienced reduction in sense level with her feet. Sometimes the feet used to get completely numb, especially when she was about to go to sleep. Right now, she seems to be fine, but I wanted to know what could be causing that. She's definitely not diabetic, I got her checked. Since last week, she has been experiencing sudden dizziness when she just woke up from sleep. Or when she sits for long time and gets up suddenly. Are there any chances that both these problems could be related? any recommendations?
I am a 50 year old male and have been suffering from ear problem for last three months. My left ear is licking water and push and hearing power has reduced. Pl advise.
My mom is having Tinnitus (probably don't know exact term, but according to her symptoms it looks like Tinnitus). She is being consulting many doctors for many years, all have helped to reduce the voice, but not completely. Can you help me with the cure?
Ear discharge is the phenomenon of fluids being expelled from the ear. This condition is also known as otorrhea.
The kinds of fluids that can be discharged from the ear range from blood to pus and other forms of bodily secretions. It is caused by a number of factors, which determine the exact nature of the condition and the diagnosis for treatment.
What are the causes of ear discharge?
Some forms of ear discharge are natural, such as ear wax which is produced by the body as a form of defense against external particles that may enter the ears. Other forms are unnatural and result from anomalies in the health system.
The causes of these include the following:
- Infections: This is the most common cause of ear discharge and occurs when bacteria and viruses infest the inside of the ear and lead to the secretion of fluids, which builds up in the middle ear or at the eardrum
- Swimmer’s Ear: This condition is also known as otitis externa and is caused by staying in water for prolonged periods. It results from excessive exposure to moisture that makes the walls of the ear canal to break down allowing bacteria and fungi to enter and infect the ear.
- Trauma: Excess pressure on the eardrum can cause it to rupture and discharge fluids. This happens due to a number of reasons such as exposure to loud explosive sounds or pressure from flying in aircrafts and scuba diving.
- Skull Injury: Damage to the bones behind the ear as a result of injury can also lead to ear discharge due to infection.
- Tonsillitis: Inflammation of tonsils may cause pain or a repeated infection in the ear leading to fluid discharge.
What are the symptoms associated with ear discharge?
Some of the symptoms of otorrhea are as follows:
- Abnormal and unusual secretion of fluids from the ear
- Swelling of the ear
- Partial or complete loss of hearing
- Pain and throbbing in the ear
- Accompanying signs such as fever and migraine
Diagnosis and treatment of the problem depend on the exact cause and nature of the condition, which also determines treatment and recovery time.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!