Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Abhishek Abhirup
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Abhishek AbhirupYour feedback matters!
I had a mild seizure when I was very young may be 5years old, doctor told my parents not to worry, so no medicine was taken. Later in my early teens also I had mild seizures a couple of times, we consulted some doctors and took medicine. Later when I was 16 years old, once when I had fever I attended college and in the class room I had a seizure. Then we consulted a senior specialist and since then I had no seizure in last six years. My doctor gave a combination of two different tablets initially for a couple of years and later started prescribing leviteracetam. I have been using leviteracetam for the last 5-6years now, 1500 mg dose once in the morning, every day. My family maintained strict secrecy about my problem in view of the stigma associated. However, they fear this may come in the way of my marriage prospects and worry all the time. I wish to know if it is possible to stop medication or reduce the frequency from one dose everyday to once in a week or so. Kindly help please.
Actually I frequently have headache problem means 2-3 days then gone. I happen in two three months regularly. What can be the problem. I have weak eyesight for which I wear specs. Then what can be a problem?
2 years back though had a family history of diabetes, got married 3 yrs back And a father of two years son had a very weak sexual drive and symptom of Ed
I have breathing problem with the change of weather and for that i'm taking montair lc any further suggestion for that. I have gone through CBC there esnophilia was on high side
I am unmarried 26 years old, my marriage is after 5 month, I had make relation with my fiance, but I am failed every time, my sexual timing is 5 sec. Or less & every time my penis is always bend. Please heal me.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 week and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
What is Sinusitis?
For those of you who do not know what Sinusitis is, it is the inflammation or swelling of the sinus tissues which are hollow spaces in between the bones around the nose. The sinuses are healthy when there is constant flow in the air but when the portion gets blocked it fills with bacteria and viruses. This causes mucus and other unhealthy elements to remain blocked inside the nose.
The symptoms of sinusitis are common and not critical or dangerous in nature. Over 40 million people get affected by this common disease every year.
- Swelling or inflammation inside the nose because of a mild fever or common cold can cause the sinuses to get blocked and result to sinusitis.
- If the drainage ducts inside, the nose gets blocked the health passage of air gets halted or disrupted.
- A runny nose with a constant flow of water and the nose might also get blocked by pus inside.
- Structural problems inside the nose which may lead to the narrowing of the nasal tract through which the air passes and comes back.
- Deficiency in the immune system can lead to such a problem.
- Allergies are also a common contributor to the cause of sinusitis because the nasal chamber gets blocked in the result.
Treating a condition of sinusitis is very common. Let us have a look :
- The first thing which a doctor will prescribe you is an antibiotic doze of 7-8 days, which will help you to fight the blocked bacterias and viruses.
- Warm compresses will help the nasal cavity to remain warm and wet, keeping it clean from pus and germs. Thus clearing the way for healthy inhaling of air.
- Saline nose drops are also used to clear out the blockage in the nose and fight the germs building inside the sinuses.
- Sometimes surgeries are also performed when no other medications work properly. It helps to widen the natural pathway which helps in draining between the sinuses and nose, resulting in the congested mucus to come out and again start a fresh process of taking air in.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!