Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Abhishek Abhirup
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Abhishek AbhirupYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old I want gain weight in health manner. And also does masturbation makes body weight loss.
I hv fungus and doing every time hatching so I m not feeling good please give me this allergy solutions.
I am a 25 years old female. I am having pain in abdomen from last 2 days. Earlier also I have the same problem. Doctors referred me to gynaecologist. gynaecologist ask me for my 3 months period cycle My 3 months period are as below 8 jan-10 jan 11 feb- 13 feb 12 march-14 march I am having pain on 1st day of my periods There is some blood clots also during bleeding And also confuse regarding my white discharge My breast size is also not growing Please suggest me is there any problem?
My husband's penis size is very small that's why we can't enjoy our sexual life due to this we are very disturbed we want help to enlarge this to normal size.
Hi, I wanted to know the food items we need to consume just after recovering from jaundice. What are the low fat foods and do we have to strictly stop using oils and butter in our food items?
While the term STD clearly explains that it is transmitted only through penetrative intimacy, is it always the case? Quite often, there is paranoia about using a public rest room, which brings up an image of a place highly populated with germs. Is it possible to get an STD from there?
These places are, of course, full of germs, and there are multiple instances of developing a urinary tract infection from these areas. However, the chances of developing an STD from these areas are quite low. Read on to get a little more clarity on the same.
- The organisms causing STD are like any other germs, except that they grow and flourish in the mucosa (oral/genital/rectal), which is conducive for their growth. These germs cannot flourish under any other circumstances. So even if an infected person uses the toilet seat before you, the chances that those germs remain active enough to cause an infection are quite low. These germs cannot survive in the outside environment and die very quickly. Also note that the public restrooms are drier and hotter compared to the mucous membranes that these germs thrive on.
- The mucous membranes (genital/oral/anal) can get infected only, if they come in contact with someone’s infected fluids (vaginal secretions or ejaculate).
- Moreover, STDs spread through contact from one point to another. Given this fact, the chances that the sexual organs come into contact with the public restroom are very low. The body parts are vulnerable to sexual contact and therefore infection do not come in direct contact with the toilet seat. If there was a cut or a bruise that could get exposed to the fluid, there is a slim chance of catching an STI, but this situation is extremely rare.
- Our body has a natural immune system which fights most germs and infections effectively. So in people with good immunity, the chances of developing an infection are highly unlikely.
While the chances of actually getting an infection are quite low, there are still some precautions that can be taken to improve the safety levels. Always think of hygiene while in a public bathroom.
- After using the bathroom, wash and dry your hands, which helps in preventing the spread of different viruses.
- Do not touch your face until after the hands are washed, especially after a visit to the bathroom.
- Wash hands with soap and dry them thoroughly. Touching surfaces like doorknobs without drying your hands helps create a moist environment in which these germs can thrive.
If you follow these precautionary measures, rest assured, you are not going to catch an STI by using any public toilet or shower. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Whole grains are much more healthier than refined grains as whole grains contain things such as germ and bran, consumption of which is highly beneficial for the health. However, refined grains do not have the outer layers i.e. bran and has only the endosperm. Brown rice, quinoa, oatmeal and buckwheat are a few types of whole grains which are preferred over refined grains such as white rice, flour etc. Whole grains add a whole lot of nutrition to the food you consume.
Here are a few reasons why you should replace refined grains with whole grains:
Whole grains are more nutritious: When compared to refined grains, whole grains preserve a lot of nutrients, such as protein and fibre, which help in digestion and make one feel satiated for a long period of time. The whole grains are also packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and healthy fats which add to the nutritional value of the food you consume. Thus, you get more nutritious food for the amount you pay which is usually lost when the grains are refined.
You lose more fat: The higher amount of fibre present in whole grains help in regulating the flow of blood. This reduces the risks of diabetes and because the nutritional value of whole grains is so high, it makes you feel full faster that reduces the portion you consume on a daily basis. This leads to weight loss due to portion control.
They help with the process of digestion: Whole grains have digestive benefits as well. The high fibre content helps in regulating the movement of bowels and helps in getting rid of diverticulosis (development of small pouches in the digestive tract). Diverticulosis causes inflammation, diarrhoea, pain and constipation. Whole grains are also rich in lactic acid that regulates the spread of good bacteria in the large intestine area.
Thus, when compared to refined grains, the health and nutritional benefits are huge which is why you should replace the refined grains with whole grains. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.