Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Speech Therapists in India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Abhay KumarYour feedback matters!
Dear doctor, everyday when I woke up. I used to have bad taste in my mouth and may be smell even, and every morning I need to wash my mouth just after getting up. I do not prefer to speak even because of that problem. And there are sometimes or most of the times traces of blood when I spit and wash my mouth in the morning just after waking up. What should I do, please suggest something, I never skip brushing and do not have any habit of smoking or eating anything like that.
Hello sir, Am only of 16, years but hav voice like 40-50, years old men. Very heavy and vibrated. Am suffering from this by nov. 2015. I want to be a gud singer but voice stopping and decreasing my confidence. please help me to improve and thin my voice acc. To my age.
Hello sir / madam from many days in am secreting saliva too much while speaking its just spraying a bit much how can I control?
I am suffering from severe stammering. In which I can't speak with someone But I can read fully normally & speak with known persons normally I am a 2nd due year MBBS student.
My daughter is 2.5 years old, she speaks only single words like mama, papa only few words. I am very much concerned. Please if anybody guide me on this.
Hi I stammer a lot while speaking especially when I'm urged to speak. And nervous. While I'm nervous I stammer a lot. Hope you give me some solution for it.
My father has polyp in the vocal chord since 5 years. We take homeopathy treatment for that. His voice is so hoarse. He don't have any pain BuT his voice is changed from years. He don't want surgery as in allopathy no other treatment. We also don't take endoscopy from 3 years. What to do. Pls suggest. Is dis matter is serious.
I am having problem to speak clearly because whenever I speak water comes in my mouth and I have problem to speak clearly.
My son is 5years old he does not speak clearly he does not stammer but sound of his voice is not clear.
My daughter age is 4 years and 9 months ab tak bolna nahin sikhi hai please advice me what can i do to solve this problem?
A large number of people in the world suffer or has suffered from speech disorders like stuttering or stammering at some point in their lives. Stuttering or stammering is the involuntary disruption or interruption in speech where certain sounds are prolonged or words are repeated. Speech disorder can cause a lot of problems in terms of personality build up and causes anxiety in people. Every activity of the body is dealt or controlled by the nervous system and the brain. Thus the proper functioning of the body is the sole responsibility of the brain and any glitch can affect the functions to a certain extent.
What are the symptoms of speech disorders?
- Words are repeated
- Prolongation of words or silent blocks
- Hesitation while speaking
- Difficulty while starting a word or a phrase
What causes speech disorders?
- Genetic problems
- Stress, Shame and Anxiety
- Embarrassment and nervousness
- Loss of control while speaking
Ayurvedic remedies to overcome speech disorders:
- Brahmi Oil: It is a stimulant that is known to calm your mind and boost the function of the brain. Take 10 ml of the oil and warm it. Cool it down to a suitable temperature and apply to your head when it is lukewarm, half an hour before going for a shower. You can also apply it before going to bed and shampoo the morning after. This is more effective.
- Black pepper, almond and sugar candy: Take black pepper, and make a paste out of it. To the paste, add 7 ground almonds and mix it with sugar candy. Consume this paste every day for at least a month.
- Amla: It is an effective remedy, especially in children to stop stammering. Also known as Indian Gooseberry, it should be chewed on to slowly every day.
- Cow's Butter: Also called as ghee, it is responsible for brain development and is known to increase memory. Add this ingredient to your food.