Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Abha MathurYour feedback matters!
My periods are delayed by 10 days. Last month too they were delayed by 8 days. I am a 25 old girl and I am not married yet. I was a PCOS patient but my periods were regularised from last 6 months. Please suggest what to do to get my periods on time.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
I have unprotected sex with my wife eighth day of ovulation and also I ejaculated out side of vagina will she pregnant?
I got marriage at the age of 22 and that time my wife was 20. As a newly married couple we lead to a pleasant sex life. After a year she conceived and fell from staircase and miscrage 12 weeks baby & after that unable to conceive. Please advice.
When is your pain chronic?
Your pain is chronic if it last for more than a period of six months. Chronic pain is a long-term pain whose nature can vary from mild to excruciating, and it may trouble you either continuously or at short and regular intervals. Chronic pain is so dangerous that it does not only cause discomfort and inconvenience but also robs you entirely of your capacity to work for a long time.
Chronic pain can occur in a number of organs of the human body like head, joints, back, shoulders, neck etc. In fact, pain in any part of your body can turn into chronic pain. Here are a few symptoms that can help you identify if what you are going through is, in fact, chronic pain:
- persistent and severe body pain
- burning sensation accompanied by the body pain
- fatigue and sleeplessness
- weak immune system
- stiff and sore joints
The 4 types of chronic pain disorders that you should be aware of are:
1. Nociceptive pain
The pain that affects the soft tissues of the body such as the skin and the muscles or the organs that have sensory nerves present in them is called nociceptive pain. The sensory nerves, known as nociceptors can detect the stimuli of pain and send information to the brain and the spinal cord for interpretation. The pain could be either somatic (originating in the outer body) or visceral (originating in the internal organs).
2. Neuropathic pain
This pain is caused when the nerves stop functioning normally. It is caused due to nerve disturbances that result in pain stimuli being spontaneously transmitted to the brain and spinal cord. If you are suffering from this type of chronic pain disorder, you will feel a sharp, shooting and stabbing pain. Neuropathic pain can also be caused due to the formation of neuroma (abnormal growth of the nerve tissue).
3. Psychogenic pain
The pain that is caused by psychological disorders like depression and anxiety is known as psychogenic pain. Sometimes this pain can be accompanied by physical complications like fatigue, body pain and muscle weakness.
4. Idiopathic pain
The pain that exists even though there is no physical or psychological cause for it is known as idiopathic pain. This pain is more common in people who have suffered from a pre-existing painful disorder. Some common examples of idiopathic pain are fibromyalgia (intense pain all over the body) and tmj disorders (pain in the jaw area).
First time intercourse after marriage, do's and do not's. Which is best contraception and how to get rid of menses during honeymoon if it is about to come.
Please note self glucose monitoring and diet control is the only way to manage diabetes.
I am 29 year old female and getting an in vitro fertilization done. Wat precautions should I be following after embryo transfer?
I had 8 miscariages in a row.Every time 5.5weeks done.Iam very frustrating now and i hate my self.After 6years old marriage ihave no baby.Plz tell me can i become mom or not.Plz tell me i am middle class family,i can't afford expensive treatment.
Hi, I am a 25 years old unmarried female. I have been having watery loose motions (diarrhoea) for the past 4 days, along with nausea and unnecessary headache and lower backache. I have also been taking medicines like norflox 400 and zintec but it's not helping. Everytime I eat anything, I usually have to rush to the washroom. I google my symptoms and somehow I came across lots of articles which indicated that I might be pregnant. That these symptoms might be of early pregnancy. I last had unprotected intercourse with my fiancé on 5th August after which I took an ipill. My dates are usually within the span of 18th-21st days of the month. On the 4th day of the diarrhoea I experienced some spotting too, and I thought that my date came early this month but these spotting were irregular not like periods. I even took a pregnancy test, and it was negative. I am still unsure what is it that's happening. Request you to advice and help me out of this dilemma and discomfort.
My girlfriend and I had a protected sex on 16th june and she got periods on 19th june .so we were waiting for 19 or maybe 20th july for her to get her periods but now its 2nd august and till now she has not got periods . What should we do?
Can I sex without condom? When sperm comes out then if I eject my penis from vagina. There any chance to get pregnant? Say yes or no? If yes. How? I exudation my sperm outside vagina. Explain.
Recent scan of mine Shows A small heterogeneously hypoechoic SOL measuring 19×14 mm is noted subserosaly along the posterior wall of uterus. How long time it will take to increase fibroid size. What are the complication? And we are planning for a baby Please suggest the cure for it and can it Effect my pregnancy? Is there any difficulty in conceiving?? & medication prescribed by doctor is appropriate??
I'm 22 years old female. To treat hair loss and hair thinning caused by thyroid and PCOS, I am applying a solution on the scalp. After 5-10 minutes of applying hair 4 you solution (minoxidil), I start feeling the sensation of itching on the scalp. What should I do? Shall I continue to apply it? What are the side effects of using it?
So resist that chocolate cake siren, and instead enjoy a sliced apple with a tablespoon of nut butter (like peanut or almond) or fresh fig halves spread with ricotta.
Then sleep sweet, knowing you're still on the right, healthy track.
Due to menstrual irregularities, I have started consuming Apple cedar vinegar. Also I used it for hair too. But after consuming I got rashes or Hindi I can say its luk like ghamori. Wht to do? Do I need to stop consuming it.
The first fruit that comes to mind when you want to indulge in during summer would be watermelon. While it is refreshing and hydrating, there are also other benefits that it has.
Listed below are 8 reasons that you should have a watermelon:
- Body Hydration: The most important benefit of this red, juicy fruit is water, which is as high as 92%. It is no surprise that you feel hydrated as soon as you start biting into a slice of watermelon. In patients who need to be hydrated, this could work wonders.
- Reduces body fat: Watermelons contain an amino acid called Citrulline which converts to arginine. This conversion blocks the creation of fat from fat cells, thereby reducing fat accumulation in the body.
- Digestion: The high fiber content in watermelon, supplemented by the high water content, aids in smooth digestion and clears constipation.
- Healthy Heart: Watermelon contains lycopene, which dilates the blood vessels and allows for smoother flow of blood. The lycopene is proven to protect against various heart ailments. Tests done to check blood pressure at various spots including ankle and carotid regions showed significant decline in blood pressure. These also improve blood flow in the arteries.
- Musculoskeletal benefits: The benefits to the bones and muscles are multifold. After a workout session, athletes recover faster by eating watermelon. The are many reasons for this: The potassium-rich watermelon helps muscles function better, The amino acid Citrulline is believed to reduce muscle soreness and inflammation, Choline in the watermelon helps in better muscular movement and reduce inflammation
- Skin: The Vitamin A in watermelon aids in generation of hair and skin follicles, production of sebum, and moisturizing the hair follicles. This also promotes better condition of supporting tissues like hair, teeth, soft tissues and mucous membranes. Watermelon also contains Vitamin C, very essential for building and maintaining collagen. Collagen is what provides structure to the hair and skin. Add some watermelon if you have wounds, and see how wound healing is improved with better collagen formation. Needless to say, the high moisture content also adds to improved look of hair and skin.
- Cancer Prevention: Watermelon, especially a nicely ripened fruit, contains a lot of carotenoids, flavonoids, and triterpenoids. These are proven anti-cancer chemicals and reduce the formation of free radicals in the body which are responsible for cancer.
- Vision: The bright red colour of watermelon is from beta carotene and watermelon is also a rich source of it. Beta-carotene helps in the production of pigments in the eye. It can also prevent macular degeneration and night blindness.
So, the next time you bite into a watermelon, think about all the good things you are treating your body with.