Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Abha MajumdarYour feedback matters!
Hi when my husband did a sex at a time i am bleeding before that i am not bleeding. After that my bleeding is continuesly 3days then it stopped after that I dont get periods is there any chance to get pragnancy
Factors that are making you prone to pcod! + how you can manage it
A problem of the body's endocrine system (a system of hormone producing glands), polycystic ovarian disease (or pcod) affects about 18% of indian women. Women in the age group of 15-30 years make up the majority of the victims of this disease. Although the root cause of this problem is still unknown, it can be a result of:
2. Low-grade inflammation
Inflammation occurs when the body's white blood cells (wbcs) produce substances to fight harmful matter that attack the body. A disruption of this natural response of the body can cause low-grade inflammation (a mild but sustained inflammatory response brought on by microbial bacteria called endotoxin). As a consequence, it causes the stimulation of polycystic ovaries to create more androgens (male sex hormones) than female sex hormones. This brings about the appearance of pcod symptoms such as ovulation problem, growth of excessive body and facial hair.
3. Excessive insulin production
Excessive insulin (a hormone produced by the pancreas) production occurs when the cells of the body become resistant to insulin. It causes an increase in the production of androgens, in turn affecting the ovaries' ability to release eggs during ovulation.
Although not a direct cause of the disorder, being obese can increase your chances of pcod significantly. The excess fat in the body can worsen your insulin resistance, and can consequently bring about an increase in the androgen levels, causing weight gain in the end.
5. Unhealthy eating habits
Irregular meal timings and poor eating habits (a diet rich in sugars and carbohydrates) can make you prone to obesity, a risk factor of pcod.
How to manage the problem of pcod?
Although the condition doesn't have a permanent cure, the symptoms can be easily managed by employing these ways:
- limit the intake of refined sugars and carbohydrates to counter the imbalance of insulin and glucose
- exercise for 30-60 minutes a day to boost metabolism for weight loss as well as control of insulin levels
- avoid coffee and other caffeine stimulants that may cause an increase in the production of insulin
- avoid dairy based products and red meat
- include lean meat in your diet
- avoid saturated fats (found in baked foods and lamb, cheese and other dairy products) to control your cholesterol levels
- consume foods that have a low glycaemic index (a scale for determining the effect of food on blood sugar level) such as brown rice, wheat pasta and wholegrain.
Hello, I currently on treatment to conceive. I have pcod so its difficult in conceive. But this cycle I went through follicle study on day 10 and largest follicle measures 15x12 mm is there a chance that this cycle I may conceive.
I got married one year back and I'm studying. It found to be pcod 8 months back I took medicine for 6 months but dint cure and it dint make my irregular periods regular and now we are planning for pregnancy so how can I proceed.
I am 23 years old female and I am taking ginette 35 for pcod. I had sex with my bf and we used condom. But not sure whether it is safe. Should I take an I pill. Please reply urgently.
I'm 43 years old have a 15 years old daughter was not in contact with my husband for last 6 years he came in Feb we had sex almost after 48 hours I started bleeding which continued for almost 5 days but my periods was due on 3rd of March. Till now my 5 days periods are regular without any disturbance. But since I bleed I have pain in my lower abdomen and all the time feel urine pressure. I've also taken pregnancy test with negative result. My husband came on Feb 22. I bleed bw 24-28 Feb. Pregnancy test on March 7th.
Hi, I am 32 years old I have some irritation in my vagina its paining or smelled badly please suggest some good advise when I go washroom I also feel pain to pass urine too. And some time vagina is to dry. Pleas help.
I miss my periods from last 2 months. Suddenly I have urin infection I do pregnancy test (two times) which is negative do I am pregnant?
Hi doctor we did one day after one day sex but I did not get pregnant 9months over coper-t removed but not getting pregnant why please tell me.
Hello this is Dr. Chhavi Bansal and I am practicing Homeopathy at Homeosure-Home of Homeopathy and Wellness, Pitampura. Today I’ll be discussing about Menopause.
Menopause is a naturally occurring phenomenon usually found in females of the age 45-55 and is caused by the deficiency of female hormones needing to the end of menstrual cycles and a lot of physical and emotional symptoms. These symptoms develop due to the fluctuation of hormones to keep the body’s normal hormonal level. Various physical symptoms include: Night sweat, Hot flashes, Vaginal dryness, lack of sleep, more concentration and memory. In the emotional symptoms, the patients may experience various kinds of mood swings, low mood and decreased libido.
Now why is Menopause such a problematic condition? Because it leads to a lot of complications in the female by the decreased level of female hormones. At this time the female is more prone to fractures, osteoporosis and heart diseases because of the low female hormones but menopause can be managed very well by the general management and medical management. The general management includes leading a healthy life style which includes cutting down your alcohol and caffeine intake, taking a good sleep, doing some physical activity daily. Certain food items have been found to have estrogens which mimic the female hormones. They are whole grains like: oats, barley and legumes like lentil and beans.
Homeopathy has been found to be the most effective way to combat menopausal symptoms. Around 70-80% of the females suffer with menopausal symptoms and almost 80-90% of them get relieved by homeopathic medicines. There is no need for hormone replacement therapy because it has its own long term negative impact on the female body.
If you have any other query regarding Menopause, feel free to contact me through Lybrate.
Actually my wife has gone under birth control surgery 10 months ago in January 2015 after giving birth to our baby by cesarean. But now we have lost our child in an accident and we are trying from last 2 months that she may get pregnant again by luck but the surgery has done perfectly so she is not getting pregnant. I have already suggested her we will adopt a child but she is not agreeing to adopting. So, now she wants to get pregnant again and give birth to a child of her own. So please doctor tell us it is possible by operating to reverse the previous birth control surgery. If it can be done please suggest us how and where it can be done. Please doctor I beg you for her she has fully depressed by losing her child and by any cost she need a child of her own.
Why whitish nipple discharge occurs when nipples are squeezed and nipple skin became rough. Why this happens? What to do?
Hello, my wife is pregnant, 4 months, she gets stomach pain, is tat a normal symptom, or any reason?
I took unwanted pill on18thjuly after having sex my period date is 23rd July but till not getting my period. Please suggest.
My wife get pregnant after she get pregnant her hormones get up because before on our wedding night also she was not having interest in sex on wedding I show her porn and then I have sex two times and in morning I said her that I need it again so she was saying no only twice per week but after she got pregnant she is ready everyday everyday I used to say her for sex but she will not allow me to do but now days she is only saying we will have sex her age is 52 and my is 37 she is saying me to do anal sex how shall I do that yesterday I try but I insert my penis into ass but she was getting motion.
Exercising should not a dreaded, but enjoyed. Exercising in the water can be as challenging and intense as any other form of exercise, but without the sweating. Aquatic exercises are ideal for every age and especially beneficial to those with injuries and joint limitations like arthritis. Exercising in water also helps with weight loss and stress management. If you want a reason to start exercising in water, here are three:
- Increases flexibility: Water is unpredictable in its movements. When exercising in water, the body has to push against water and faces water resistance. This resistance can be up to 42 times more than the resistance you would encounter when exercising on land. Thus while adjusting to the push and pull of water, the body is forced to move in various directions. This helps increase the range of motions in all the joints. The upward thrust of water or buoyancy also negates the effect of gravity and cushions the body. This reduces strain on weight bearing joints, muscles, ligaments and tendons. As a result, the body becomes more flexible.
- Low impact: One of the biggest differences between exercising on land and exercising in water is the impact of the exercise on joints. For example, running on land puts a lot of stress on your knees. However, if you were to run in water, your knees would not make you cry in pain. This is because of the buoyancy of water. By cushioning your body, it supports half your body weight and thus makes you bear only half your body weight. This reduces the impact on your joints and makes exercising in water appealing to those with joint problems or those undergoing physical rehabilitation after an injury.
- Makes the heart work efficiently: Water has a unique property that makes it makes the heart work more efficiently. By pushing against the entire body surface, the hydrostatic pressure aids in the flow of blood from the all parts of the body to the heart and thus improves blood circulation. This puts less stress on your heart muscles. Thus by exercising in water, you can lower your blood pressure and heart rate.
Apart from these benefits, exercising in water also helps build endurance and increases muscle strength. It is also one of the most cooling and enjoyable ways to burn calories. It would be rare for you to be in a pool all by yourself and hence exercising in water is also a social exercise. So when are you stepping into the pool? If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.