Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Abha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AbhaYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, I had been married for 3 years now and want to get pregnant. But one information I would like to tell that I have severe menstrual pain during my period days for first 3 days. Sometimes I have to take painkillers injections. My sonography results shows that all my reproductive organs are alright. How can I get rid of the pain and get pregnant. Kindly advice doctors.
Hello respected doctor, my wife is pregnant and in sixth month of pregnancy.. She doesn't feel hungry.. And not take meals on time. She eat very less. What should we do for healthy baby? Thnx..
Im 21 years old nd not getting my periods from last 3 month I had sex in jan but I got my periods in march. My lower abdomen is tight and bloated most off the time, I have done pregnancy test it was negative. And I do exercise regularly. What should I do to get my periods.
Hello doc I am 20 year old girl and I have irregular period of 2 or 3 days. And I also have polycystic in overy because of that I have a facial hair and know that hair is underontrol by taking proper medicine and diet.
I went for a routine check up. Gynaecologist on examining said that there is uterus descent of 1 degree. Please suggest remedies or exercises to set right the same. I feel heavy ness in my lower back when I get up in the morning. Is this related to the uterus descent problem. Tell me whether walking is bood or not for strengthening the pelvic muscles. Please answer to all my questions.
The moment you realize that you are going to be a mummy a lot of people start advising about healthy eating. What exactly is a healthy plan for pregnant women? It is very important for the mother to eat a balanced diet. Aiming to eat a healthy and balanced pregnancy diet that includes- one third of most meals should be starch-based foods (such as cereals, potatoes, rice, and wheat pasta), with fruit and vegetables. Keeping it fiber rich, good sources are wholegrain breads as well as fruit and vegetables. Eat some protein foods such as fish, pulses, chicken, etc, every day. Choose lean meat. Try to avoid adding fat - for example, by not frying food. A total weight gain of 11-16 kg over the pregnancy is normal.
Include Foods with plenty of Iron, Calcium and Folic acid -
- Iron is mainly found in non vegetarian sources, pulses, dried fruit, green leafy vegetables, soybeans and fortified cereals.
- Calcium is mainly found in dairy products such as milk, cheese, and yoghurt, green leafy vegetables, soybean and seeds.
- Folic acid is mainly found in green vegetables, brown rice, and fortified cereals.
- Fish- in general, fish is a good source of protein and other nutrients. However, there are some important exceptions. Some types of fish contain a high level of mercury which can damage the developing nervous system of an unborn baby. Because of this, the Food Standards Agency (FSA) advises: Not to include eat any marlin or swordfish. Limit tuna - eat no more than 140 g or two fresh tuna steaks per week.
- Oily fish, includes- mackerel, sardines, salmon, trout and fresh tuna- not more than two helpings in a week.
- Foods and drinks to be avoided
- Food sources high in Listeria. Listeria is a germ (bacterium). Pregnant women are more likely to become infected with listeria and it sometimes causes complications. Foods which are most at risk of carrying listeria are: Undercooked meats and eggs, raw shellfish and raw fish and unpasteurized milk.
- Limit the amount of Caffeine to no more than 300 mg per day.
It is recommended that you visit a nutrition expert who can understand your daily requirements and activities and suggest a nutrition diet plan as per the same. The expert shall also consider your medical history and understand if you have a tendency to put on weight. A comprehensive pregnancy diet plan helps a woman relive stress and the right balance of antioxidants helps balance the body.
Hysterectomy is a procedure that is used to treat a wide variety of conditions. A partial hysterectomy is performed for the removal of the uterus whereas a myomectomy is performed for the removal of the fibroids. A complete hysterectomy is performed in order to remove the uterus and the cervix. With hysterectomy, there comes some critical and sensitive topic that needs to be discussed with the surgeon. Here is a list of top 10 things that need to be known about hysterectomy:
- The sex life concern: Unlike common apprehension, hysterectomy doesn’t necessarily mean the end of sex life. In the worst case scenario where the cervix is removed, it takes around 6 weeks before one can resume the sex life.
- Hysterectomy can’t cure endometriosis: Endometriosis is a condition that is characterised by menstrual cramp, painful intercourse and chronic pain. Hysterectomy is not the first line of treatment for a condition like this. If any doctor has suggested it, it makes sense to take a second opinion.
- Hysterectomy doesn’t mean menopause: This procedure doesn’t mean a menopause or an inability to get pregnant. There are certain other misconceptions such as getting night sweats, hot flashes and menstrual cramp etc. On the contrary, a well-performed procedure will ensure that a person doesn’t feel a thing after the surgery.
- The loss in ovaries: Depending on the condition of a patient, a doctor might remove the fallopian tube, uterus and ovaries. It necessarily means a sudden loss of oestrogen and progesterone hormone abruptly. Both this hormone are critical for bone and sexual health. It might also lead to menopause, decreased urge in sex and hot flashes during the night. It is therefore very important to discuss each and every aspect of the procedure before the surgery begins.
- Hormonal therapy: Since the removal of ovaries is likely to cause physical discomfort to the body, hormonal therapy can come to the rescue of an individual. Hormonal therapy can curtail the risk of blood clot formation, heart diseases, stroke etc.
- Explore other non-surgical options: Hysterectomy is not the last word for any uterus or ovary related problems. The goal is to keep the uterus intact. There are certain less evasive procedures to save ovaries and uterus. This is where multiple opinions come handy.
- Less invasive options: There exist less invasive surgeries for treatment related to uterus and ovaries. For instance, a robotic hysterectomy causes far less pain as compared to traditional procedure. It also ensures less loss of blood from the system resulting in less weakness.
- The morcellation technique: In case a uterus has to be removed, doctors these days use a process known as morcellation. The latter involves making small cuts into various places of the uterus in order to bring it out. The false apprehension of this process causing cancer cells in the body is not true. Only if a patient is suffering from a particular kind of cancer, it might spread to other parts of the body. A doctor has to be consulted to assure such a thing doesn’t happen.
- Cancer apprehension: For people facing a gene defect such as BRAC1 and BRAC2 hysterectomy can reduce the chance of ovarian cancer by a good 80 percent.
- Physiological healing post hysterectomy: Although physical healing takes no more than 6 weeks after the procedure, the emotional healing might take some time. It makes sense to seek professional help for postoperative depression.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
I want to know the effects of unwanted 72 On health. I am 21 yrd old. My fiancee ejaculated on external genitalia but I am virgin till now we didn't have sex. For precaution I have took unwanted 72 within 4 hrs. Is there any chances of conceiving? But must I do now.
Marma Chikitsa is a significant aspect of the Ayurvedic treatment. Marmas are specific points on the body where the application of pressure induces the flow of vital energy (prana) along a complex system of subtle channels called (nadis). Healing through marma chikitsa affects the energy flow through the energy meridians or Nadi. These in turn govern the functional and health aspect of every metabolic system in the body. Marma chikitsa pays more attention to the functional aspect, the metabolism rather than organ specific. Ayurveda deeply believes and caters to the holistic health and not disease management, in the treatment of patients.
Unlike acupressure (as is being practiced today), Marma chikitsa does not concentrate on 'organs'. It stimulates the designated metabolic function, mind control, hormonal support and strength points/marma that influences health of the person. Because of its 'spiritual' component it differs from other 'hands on' therapies. Marma can actually alter consciousness, and change one’s awareness. From that place a person can move forward with self care, creativity, and renewed energy
Marma zones of the body
- It takes training, practice and powerful intuition on part of the therapist and doctor to consider the ideal combination of 'marma' for effective treatment.
- Modern medicine looks at heart disease from the focus of heart functions, anatomical structure of the heart.
- Marma Chikitsa (as a part of Ayurveda) looks at the Mind-Body association of the functioning of the heart. Heart functioning depends on Nutrition, mind set, liver strength, natural detoxification, improving blood quality, lifestyle and even the past of the patient to bring about effective treatment. This wholistic attitude, where all aspects of the person are considered is a more complete treatment methodology with lasting results.
We at Health Solutions practice this philosophy and have been able to influence the patient progress where in s/he has made leaps of positive progress in their bodily functions, stamina, performance, peace of mind, over and above the improved functioning of the heart or other specific organs. Patients and others who care for their health can call us with as much information as they can provide on their current health status, what treatment they are currently taking and its impact; their lifestyle (food, temperament, daily schedules) family history.
A detailed treatment schedule is customized for them. Treatment sessions are designed to be most comfortable for the patient. Most of the times, the treatment sessions are repeated every month for as long as the doctor understands necessary for long lasting results.
Mostly, it is FDA approved, clinically proved Ayurvedic medicine based ( Suved and Reimmugen), non-invasive, supported with dietary guidelines, lifestyle changes, nutritional support and targets at building the immunity of the person to lead healthier lives. Marma Chikitsa holistic treatment science and it is going to be the choice of treatment in modern days.