Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Abha GuptaYour feedback matters!
pregnancy test (prega) is negative. Is there still chance of pregnancy? She is having scanty bleeding and back pain.
Hi, I am about to marry a girl who had a failed relationship and had a D&C done for abortion. I am a bit concerned that, will she be able to conceive in the future. And will there be any side effects or health concerns associated with D&C? please advice
My baby is 52 days old. I am feeding breast milk exclusively Birth weight 3.1 lowest birth weight 2.9 present birth weight 4.2 Pee count exceed 8-10 times in 24 hrs. Poops at times three times a day and at times once in two days. I still have a feeling that my milk supply is low. Pl guide.
Hi, I am not getting my periods since 4 months. I faced same issue one year back also then I consulted one gynae and she asked me to eat some tablet. I ate that and later for few months my periods were normal. Now again I am facing the same issue. I went through thyroid test ( normal), urine test ( normal), and few other tests also. Everything was normal so the doctor told because you have stress or some hormonal imbalances it may be possible. But I don't want to eat those tablets again. Can you guide me what can be the reason? My age is 23 and I am overweight(but I did not have this problem before last year). Thanks
White rice is originally Brown rice which has been thoroughly refined before it is made available in the stores. Rice grain in its natural unpolished state is rich in fiber, thiamine, proteins, magnesium, calcium, and potassium. Whole rice is also rich in fiber which is good for your digestive system and also aids you to manage your weight effectively. There is a raging debate over the type of rice which is good for your health.
The following are some of the pointers that compare white rice to brown rice:
- Calorie composition: White rice contains more calories when compared to brown rice. A cup of white rice comprises of 242 calories, while a cup of brown rice comprises of 218 calories. Brown rice is recommended to people who are interested to cut down on their calorie intake as a whole.
- Carbohydrates and Fiber composition: Both brown rice and white rice are rich in carbohydrate. A cup of brown rice comprises of 53 grams of carbohydrates and a cup of brown rice comprises of 46 grams of the same. But when it comes to fiber content, brown rice contains more fiber. Fiber is known to boost the blood cholesterol level and aids in weight management; therefore brown rice is more beneficial for help.
- Fat and Protein composition: In case of fat and protein composition, both types of rice have a low fat composition while a cup of each type of rice contains about 4.5 grams of protein.
- Vitamins and Minerals composition: Brown rice is known to contain more percentage of natural vitamins and minerals when compared to white rice. White rice is thoroughly refined which results in the loss of its natural properties. The manufacturers tend to add vitamins and minerals artificially during the processing of the whole rice grain.
- Glycemic Index: According to studies, foods which have a high glycemic index tend to increase your blood sugar level. As per the glycemic index, brown rice has a much lower glycemic index than white rice. The average glycemic index of white rice is about 89 while in case of brown rice it's 50.
It can be said that brown rice is much more nutritious than white rice due to its wholesomeness and higher concentration of nutrients. Brown rice is highly recommended to those people who are health conscious and tend to be careful about their calorie intake.
Related Tip: "6 Do's and Don'ts of Healthy Eating Habits"
Is there any permanent way of curing pcod which doesn't increase the weight. I am not getting bleeding in periods just one day. My age is 26. Kindly reply I am taking ovacare myo glyciphage SR 500 mg n ginette 35.
Hello doctor. I'm 28 years old and got married 1.5 years before. Since I have been affected by hbv, we were postponed the pregnancy. Now my husband is vaccinated and we are planning for a baby. Suggest me some tips to get healthy pregnancy with boy baby.
Hello, I had sex with my girlfriend a week ago. I put condom upside down and then put it on right. I'm scared maybe there was my precum. For 4 days she had abnormal pain in stomach and vaginal discharge- brown, white, clear, and one day white with red. Before sex we masturbate each other but then I went urinate and wash penis head before we started. What are the chances of pregnancy?
How can we determine whether a lady has had intercourse earlier or not? what is the concept behind bleeding at the time of first intercourse stating that the lady is then virgin?
Am having severe pain during my periods. Can you please suggest a tablet which don't have any side effects. And also I couldn't take any foods while in periods.
Hi I am 27 yrs old and I got married before 5 months. After marriage periods is getting delay about 7-10 days but before marriage it was at time. Kindly resolve my problem as soon as possible thanks regards
I got very light period for 2-3 days. After that continuously facing yellow discharge. It happened with me (light period) once but got proper period by sysron NCR tablet. Now its happening again. Is it my period (light period) or I should wait for proper period? Its been 10 days passed from my period date . I have faced this issue in April too. I have negative pregnancy test. What can cause all this?
Hi. This is my first pregnancy and first month of pregnancy. I had my bp checked up and it came out to be 137/ 106. Is it high? If yes pls suggest me natural ways to control it in this condition. Thanks.
My wife has been diagnosed having two large nabothian cysts about 26x25 and 25 x20 in uterus in june2014. This year she was asked to go for colposcopy with biopsy following post coital bleeding. While doing biopsy the doctor could not take the sample due to bleeding. Then she had advised hysterectomy which is a big operation. I want to know how these cysts can be treated without hysterectomy.
Period k 11th day me lower abdomen pain ovulation ka symtrom Hain? Only Lowe abdomen pain not increase sex drive, not increase body temperature Ye Kya ovulation ho rha Hain, is time pregnancy k like perfect time?
Diabetes refers to a medical condition where the glucose level in your blood increases. It usually happens if there is an excess amount of glucose in your body and your body is unable to utilize it efficiently. In this condition your pancreas either stops producing insulin or fails to produce the requisite amount and hence prevents glucose from entering the cells of your body.
This in turn affects your blood glucose level. Millions of people around the globe are affected by diabetes irrespective of their gender or age. For most people diabetes is generally a lifelong medical condition and can affect your health seriously if it gets severe.
There are many stages and types of diabetes, such as Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes, Gestational diabetes, Pre-diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus and Diabetes Insipidus. Not all diabetes can be prevented but some of the above mentioned ones can be prevented with proper care. Below mentioned are eight tips to prevent diabetes
1. Eating the right portion: The primary key for preventing diabetes is choosing the right amount of food. Eating the right portions can help you to stay away from diabetes. Consider seeking advice from a nutritionist or dietician for knowing the exact portion size you should eat according to your age.
2. Exercise on a regular basis: Exercising regularly for at least half an hour a day can help you to prevent diabetes. You may consider walking or running exercises.
3. Choose the right food: Opt for whole grains as this can help you to maintain your blood sugar level and keep diabetes at bay. Also, try and avoid red meat as it contains high levels of iron which can affect insulin production and increase your chances of developing diabetes.
4. Get rid of obesity: If your BMI is more than thirty then you are suffering from obesity. Obesity increases your chances of developing diabetes. So in order to prevent diabetes you should work at maintaining a balanced weight.
5. Avoid carbonated drinks: Carbonated drinks contain high levels of sugar. This can increase your chances of developing diabetes. So you should try and avoid drinks like colas.
Following the above mentioned tips can help you to avert diabetes.