Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Aarushi Sharma SinghYour feedback matters!
Sir my father is 73 years diabitic and having stunts for last 4 years. He is having bp problem gen 119 and 50 t0 55. What should. I do ?
Sir mera face par sun tanning se dono galo par dark Kale patches hai mein sunscreens use Karta hu daily phir b dark patches Kaam nahi hore hai. please sir tell same tips or treatment. Takki ye patches Kaam ho. Aur mera face fair dikhe.
I am a 26 years old female and have hair problem for last 3 months. What should I do? Please help me.
Hello im 26 years old male. Im having haid fall due to stress and pollution. I have decided to use patanjali product (kesh kanthi) Please tell me is it good or not? Is it gives good results? What r advantages and disadvantages. I trust u.
I am working in night shift. Because of this shift I am facing gastric and acidity problem. Moreover my getting more fat day by day. Please give me a solution.
Hi doctor My periods were on time. I have taken periods postpone table 4 months back after that 2 months I had issue in my regular cycle last month it was fine and came to Normal cycle however now I am due for 45 days. pregnancy test showed negative. Can I be still pregnant or is it still effect of those 3 (norethisterone) tablet which I took to postpone. The day when I am due for my periods I had body pains. 1st week had light fever. Bolting stomach now I don't have any symptoms much but feel very hungry and poking sensation in stomach. please help.
I am not feeling well since 3 days and suffering from severe headache, last night I vomited and experiencing from weakness what should I do?
Hi my age is 17. I am suffering from a night fall from 4 to 5 years and getting weak. My personality is not proper. My weight is not improving. My skin is getting to order age ,my body heat is also very high. Status- poor, marital status single. Can I consume a capsule like nf cure and vital m-40. I want to know that it is good or not. Please.
A common skin condition, which causes the discoloration of your skin in patches across the face, melasma is more of a social embarrassment and cause for distress rather than being a serious condition. Although it affects men as well, studies have shown that over 90 percent of patients are women. It is also known as the mask of pregnancy as many pregnant women develop this skin condition.
Causes of Melasma
Primary causes of melasma have been attributed to various hormonal changes within the body. Let's look at some of the factors that may cause this disorder:
- Pregnancy: This is often attributed as the leading cause of melasma, the primary cause has often been attributed to hormonal changes that a woman may experience due to pregnancy.
- Treatments that may change hormonal balance: Women on contraceptive pills or who have implants such as intrauterine devices may also develop this disorder. This is due to the balance of estrogen and progesterone being changed within the body.
- Sun exposure: Continued sun exposure may also lead to melasma. This is due to the activation of melanocytes within the body which start producing more melanin.
- Stress: Long periods of stress on the body can also trigger hormonal changes and cause melasma.
- Thyroid problems: If someone suffers from Hypothyroidism or low levels of the thyroid hormone, it can trigger other hormonal changes and also cause this skin disorder.
It has also been noticed that people with generally a darker skin tone tend to get melasma and it is less common in people with fairer skin.
Certain characteristics of Melasma
Melasma develops in certain patterns which can be easily diagnosed either as spots on the skin similar to freckles or brown patches of skin that grow bigger. Some of these patterns are:
- Malar pattern: This grows on the nose and cheeks
- Mandibular pattern: Starts growing around the jaw line
- Brachial melasma: This grows on the upper arms and shoulders
- Lateral cheek pattern: Grows on the cheek on both sides of the face
- Centrofacial pattern: Nose, upper lips, forehead and cheeks
Treatment of Melasma
Most women who develop melasma during pregnancy report that it goes away after childbirth. However certain forms of melasma may appear in non-pregnant women due to hormonal changes. Treating the underlying hormonal changes usually, resolves the problem. However certain other methods may be required to resolve the issues such as skin creams, chemical peels, dermabrasion and microdermabrasion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.