Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Aarti NangiaYour feedback matters!
Is there any treatment in ayurved to rectify eye squint caused after surgery followed by an injury. Eye do not move upward also.
Dear Doctor, I am 37 years old male 66 kgs. From last few months I am not able to sleep straight or right side. If I am trying to do the same then shortly a kind of Snoring (more like Humming sound) starts I initial sleep and I awake. However there is no problem on left side sleep. My question is "Is it anything can be congestion related problem? Or what it can be?
Hi I am 68 year old woman suffering from glucomma and also having cataract. Medicine that doctor suggests me to pour into the eyes causes irritation. What to do?
I have sticky eyes all the day and my sight has gone little blurry. I wear specs having no. 0.75 (both).
I am 25 year old female. Last two days, my both eyes becomes. Severe reddish and irritation felt. Particularly, my right eye becomes more reddish than left eye. I use some eye drops. Still, redness present. Also severe irritation on both right and left eye. And one more thing small growth like mass present over right eye, but in left eye no growth like mass present. It causes some foreign sensation to me. But, vision normal. No dimness of vision and blurring of vision. But, I am affaraid of it may cause any severe problem like vision loss. I use also some eye drops. Still, not cure. Itching also present. Only eye drops enough for me. Or any surgical removal of growth is necessary.
I am 40 years old male (weight - 72kgs) and staying in UAE for last two years. Now a days (from the last four months) I am having little fever, eyes are burning, Very mild headache and breathing trouble in the night after laid on the bed (Until get sleep). Feel too cold my foots and hands day and night, also having mild stomach burn. In the last four months I didn't take any medicine for this problem. These issues are continuing for one week are 10 days once started and again it will start for after one week or ten days. Due to this I am not getting any trouble in my routing works. My works are going as usual. My medical reports are normal except Cholesterol (just crossing the normal borderline) which I undergone for before six months back. My mind is little disturbed due to this problem, like these symptoms are creating any other major trouble in my health? Kindly advise.
An inflammation resulting in the formation of a thin layer inside the eyelids or the white part of the eyeball is known as pink eye or conjunctivitis. This condition turns the eye ball into pinkish color, hence the name. Based on the severity of the infection, either one or both eyes get affected.
What are the common symptoms?
- Medium to heavy swelling of the eye
- Eye crusting after sleep
- A burning sensation
- Irritation, itching or blurred vision
- Redness and increased sensitivity of the eye
Different kinds of conjunctivitis:
- Allergic Conjunctivitis: This is the type of conjunctivitis that results from eye irritants such as animal dander, dust particles and pollen. This is not infectious in nature. Treatment prescribed by ophthalmologist includes eye drops and non-steroidal medications. It is advised to keep the eye moist till it gets cured.
- Viral Conjunctivitis: As the name suggests, this kind of conjunctivitis is caused due to a viral attack. Sadly though, antibiotics don’t work and there is no particular medication for this type of conjunctivitis. Like common cold, viral conjunctivitis runs its course in a span of 1-2 weeks. Since virus is contagious, it is necessary to ensure that the microbes don’t spread. Some common prevention measures are listed below:
- Eye cosmetics should be abandoned till the conjunctivitis is cured
- Hands should be frequently cleaned
- Hand and eyes should not be in contact
- Frequent change of pillow covers, towels and clothes
- Swimming should be completely avoided
- Spectacles in place of lens should be used until advised otherwise by a medical practitioner
- Bacterial Conjunctivitis: This kind of conjunctivitis is caused by the streptococcal bacteria and has potential to cause real damage if proper medication is not taken on time. This is highly contagious. Prescription often includes antibiotic drop and ointments. The medication is prescribed for 2-3 weeks depending on the level of bacterial spread in the eye. It is very essential to complete the full course of medication to avoid recurrence. Prevention measures as stated above should be strictly followed.
- Chemical conjunctivitis: Eye irritants such as chlorine cause this conjunctivitis. Frequent swimmers often get affected by this type of eye infection. Topical steroids are prescribed to cure this kind of infection. Immediate medical attention is required to avoid lasting injury to the eye.
How to prevent pink eye?
While prevention is the best way to refrain from conjunctivitis, some basic hygiene checks are very important. Here is a list of must do’s:
- Do not share personal items such as combs, towels and toiletries.
- Stay away from a conjunctivitis infected patient
- Using of goggles while swimming
- Frequent usage of hand sanitizer and hand wash