Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Aarti NangiaYour feedback matters!
My mother is sugar patient. She is taking metformin 850 mg and glimepiride 1 mg tab twice a day for the last one year. Her rft has shown creatinine 3.2 and urea 82 reading a week ago. Is it alarming or can be reversible.
I have red eyes for many days what should I do my friend also have problems like this what should I do.
I got spikes yesterday for the first time. The power stood -. 75. Can I get rid from spikes ever again? And initially my eyes are paining.
I am a student. I am 20 year old. I live in Mumbai. I study late night because of exams. My eyes are itching and feeling lile eyes are getting hot. I can't sleep. Please suggest me what should I do.
Hair fall is very frequent and even dandruff is more. How to control it? Please give your valuable suggestion. And also how to improve vision of eyes.
My eye is very weak due to addiction of mobile Me glasses is -.75 left and -1.25 right please give me some cure and eye drop for removing my glasses.
I am a 58 year old house wife. Sir I am suffering from sinusitis. But now a days I have some irritation in my eyes. Is this is due to sinusitis. Can you please help me ?
I am not getting sleep properly since 1 month and my eyes are became very tired. What is the problem I had and how to overcome it?
From 15.02. 16 I have problem of double vision due to some problem in R/ eye as per MRI this is due to tolosa hunt. Now as per taken medicine of neuro physician all pain in R/eye has disappear but double vision is still feeling. MyR/eye black pipuil not moving fully to nose side. Now please tell me should I consultant to eye specialist doctor.
My eyes numbers are increased. So what is the procedure to decrease it. Is there any solution to decrease my eyes numbers.
I have a left eye squint surgery on 27 may, after a 2 week I feel pain in that eyes sometimes I also feel irritation is that normally?
I have a problem in my left eye that it pulsate after half hour internally. Please suggest best solution.
How to improve eye vision by taking normal food? Recently I found that my eye vision getting disturbed and I want to cure my vision without wearing lens. Please suggest me a better way to normalize my vision?
Hi I am 39 years old male. My foreskin has some scratch of a thing. It doesn't get rolled back normally, I can do it but with lots of burning and p.while intercourse using condoms it's ok. Otherwise also it's ok. But it cannot be done normally. Also I have got a boil kind of thing on my upper eye lid. It does not pain at all. BIt's since last month.please help me
Sight is one of our most important senses. To ensure that your vision is not compromised, regular eye examinations are essential. This is regardless of age and overall health because the only way to diagnose conditions in the eye in the early stages is with a comprehensive eye exam. By arresting them in the early stages, many eye disorders can be easily controlled and treated.
During a routine eye examination, the doctor will look into a number of aspects of your eye's health. An eye examination can also indicate serious health issues like diabetes, macular degeneration and glaucoma. Some of the conditions an eye doctor looks for during an eye exam are:
- Refractive error: If you already have a prescription this will be checked. In other cases, the strength of the eye muscles is checked for near sightedness, far sightedness and astigmatism which can be corrected with lasik surgery, spectacles or lenses. The earlier a refractive error is corrected, the lower are its chances of increasing. When it comes to children, they often do not realize signs of vision deterioration and hence, an eye examination becomes essential.
- Amblyopia: This is a condition where one eye has a much higher refractive error than the other or where the eyes are misaligned. If this is not treated in time, amblyopia can stunt vision in the affected eye and result in blindness.
- Strabismus: Crossed or turned eyes are termed as cases of strabismus. This is caused by the misalignment of the eyes and can cause problems with depth perception. This can lead to amblyopia and eventual blindness if not treated in time.
- Focusing and communicative problems between the eyes: An eye examination can also determine problems with focusing on objects. With children this can be a sign of underdeveloped focusing skills while in adults it can be a symptom of presbyopia or age related diminished focusing ability. Your doctor will also check how well your eyes work together. If they do not work in tandem, it can cause headaches, eye strains and problems with reading.
- Diseases: By looking at the blood vessels and retina of the eyes, doctors can detect signs of high blood pressure, cholesterol etc. Leaks in the blood vessels or bleeding in the eyes can also be a sign of diabetes or swelling of the macula.
- Age related conditions: As with the rest of the body, the eye tissues and muscles also degenerate with time. Cataract is one of the most common age related issues that affect the eyes.