Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Aarti GuptaYour feedback matters!
I have hair fall problem, I loss too much of hairs from middle portion of head. What I do for prevent further hair fall?
I have a mole on my forehead .Hw much it may cost me to removal of mole from laser therapy in Bangalore?
Hello doctor, I am 41 years old woman and do have acne problem on and off. I have an oily skin. Recently got two big pimples which have left their marks behind and there are scars from previous acne/pimples. These recent dark marks leave me feeling bad though it fades away but takes several months to go. I have been facing this problem from the age of 12 till date. Though not acute now but two dark marks on the face are enough to rob your peace of mind especially when you have functions to attend. Its become a dream for me to have a clean n clear skin. Is there any cream or medicine which will help me? Also, is there any permanent remedy that will stop any further acne/pimples to occur n give me a glowing skin?
Excess oily type material comes out of my scalp on regular basis causes hair loss and itching. How can I get out of these. Which shampoo should I use and what type of diet should I take. Please help.
There are so black brown spot (til) in my face. And these are growing Yrs and Yrs. What should I do. To stop it. Nd is there any cure to remove these spots.
I m 30 yr old women.. I hve hair fall n plus my hair hve become very thin. Wat should I do. Pls reply.
My sister has a skin disease during five years. But It can not soluble. Disease name psudo psoriasis. What is final solution for these type of disease?
Could you please tell me the effective home remedy to cure under arm stretch marks completely? Also my underarms sweat more and I feel itchy and became dark, how to cure it?
I am suffering from skin infection for last 2 or 3 month. Some time it rashes. It is increasing from a dot to a large area. So please help me.
Psoriasis is the condition in which the infected skin cells multiply 10 times faster than the normal rate. During this disease, the normal skin tends to get covered by a layer of dead skin cells, not allowing the skin to breathe. People who suffer from psoriasis face an increased likelihood of contracting other serious medical conditions such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and psoriatic arthritis.
Psoriasis can erupt just about anywhere on the body, but it most often occurs on the scalp, chest, back, elbows, knuckles, and knees. If you have a mild case, the patches may hardly be noticeable. The worst cases produce unsightly patches almost everywhere.
Psoriasis can also affect fingernails and toenails, making them appear pitted and discolored. It can even cause significant joint pain, a condition known as psoriatic arthritis.
Most people who develop psoriasis are initially diagnosed in their teens, twenties, or thirties. The disease follows a very unpredictable course. That first flare-up may also be the last. Or it may signal the start of a lifetime of flare-ups that come and go for no apparent reason. Fortunately, when the lesions disappear, they leave no scars.
Here's a list of following unsafe health conditions created by psoriasis:
- Cancer - People experiencing psoriasis are subjected to an increased risk of contracting certain cancers like lymphoma. A study discovered that people diagnosed with psoriasis have an increased likelihood of 40% to contract cancer than the general population. The reason for this particular risk hasn't been yet understood.
- Kidney disease - According to a 2013 study, published in the British Medical journal people with psoriasis have an increased risk of encountering kidney disorders. Severe and mild psoriasis increases the likelihood of kidney diseases by 58% and 36% respectively.
- Obesity - People suffering from mild psoriasis are 30% likelier to be obese than those who are not. For people diagnosed with severe psoriasis the chances increase by 80%.
- Diabetes and high cholesterol - High levels of triglycerides, total cholesterol and lipoprotein are present in patients with psoriasis, and these patients are 28% likelier to have high cholesterol compared to the general masses. According to a recent study, people with the condition have a 46% increased chance of suffering from Type 2 diabetes.
- Peptic ulcers and mood disorders - In some cases, peptic ulcers are also linked with psoriasis. The reason for this is attributed to inflammation. Psoriasis also leads to mood disorders like depression due to the pain and anxiety arising from the condition
Ayurveda & Psoriasis
As per the Ayurveda outlook, the imbalance of vata and kapha doshas leads to skin disorders, but with the help of certain herbs one can restore the balance of these two dosha. 5 common herbs, which can help are:
- Garlic: Garlic is a blood purifier and helps in treating the skin disorders, which often occur due to impure blood.
- Jasmine: Jasmine is an amazing plant and has great healing properties, as often Jasmine flowers are crushed and their paste is applied on the psoriasis infected parts of the skin.
- Neem: Neem is one of the best detoxification and purification agents known to man and has antiseptic properties as well. Neem has a lot of benefits as it can fight bacterial and viral infections effectively.
- Guggul: Guggul is highly beneficial in treating as it is known as the best vata and kapha balancing herb. It has lipid-lowering and anti-inflammatory properties as well.
- Turmeric: The antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric helps in relieving pain, swelling and inflammation associated with psoriasis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.