Lybrate.com has top trusted Acupuncturists from across India. You will find Acupuncturists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Acupuncturists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. AadarshYour feedback matters!
For a healthy body, proper digestion and absorption of food is very important. The digestion is an extremely intricate process and involves many organs. Impairment in any of the organs can hamper the digestive process, leading to a very common condition called dyspepsia. It is caused by malfunction of one of the muscular organs along the digestive tract including esophagus, stomach, small and large intestines and colon.
Causes: While dyspepsia is more a symptom, there are various reasons that lead to it including gastritis, peptic ulcer disease, infections, motility disorders, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), cancers of the digestive tract or any other abnormality in the digestive tract.
Evaluation: When a patient has chronic dyspepsia or indigestion, the first thing to do is a thorough evaluation to find out the underlying cause. As noted above, there are functional and nonfunctional causes leading to dyspepsia. While gastric ulcers or polyps are visible during an endoscopy, conditions like gastritis and malignancy can only be diagnosed under microscopic examinations.
Some of the tests that are used for evaluation of the cause of dyspepsia include:
1. X-ray: Any growth would be visible on an x-ray and further testing can then be done to confirm the exact nature of it.
2. Endoscopy: This will allow the doctor to see the actual digestive tract and identify any structural abnormalities or growth.
3. Colonoscopy: If the problem is suspected to be in the lower gastrointestinal tract, then a colonoscopy may be in indicated.
4. Gastric emptying study: This study can also reveal the abnormalities in the digestive tract
5. Culture: Dyspepsia caused by Helicobacter pylori can be diagnosed through cultures of the stomach contents.
Treatment: The treatment of dyspepsia is quite complicated and cannot be clearly outlined given the various conditions that it is associated with. Even specific foods can induce indigestion in some people. Therefore, a multipronged approach is required to treat dyspepsia.
Education: The affected person should be educated about the non-life-threatening nature of the problem and its chronicity. Some of the drugs used in treatment include:
1. Proton pump inhibitors: These reduce the amount of acid produced in the stomach and thereby help in relieving symptoms.
2. Promotility drugs: They improve the movement of the muscles in the intestinal tract and are so used in managing dyspepsia.
3. Antibiotics: If an infection is suspected, antibiotics are effective.
4. Smooth muscle relaxants: Drugs like hyoscyamine and methscopolamine have been shown to provide relief in some patients.
5. Psychotropic drugs: Anxiety and depression are frequently seen in people with dyspepsia, and managing these can help reduce the dyspepsia.
As noted, the causes, symptoms, and management are very specific to individuals and needs to be managed by the doctor.
Hi sir, I have some issues with my body. As per my height my weight is so less so it looks some odd. What type of diet can help in weight growth.
I am suffering from knee problem. I feel pain while ascending stairs. Otherwise I am okay. I think my weight could be one of the reasons. Could you please tell me how to contain it. Some exercises for knees and food to be chosen. I am 55 male weight 82 kg height 165 cms.
I am 19 male I am very thin and short but I want to strong and my fit body and tall now what should I do?
Hello! I m 20 yrs of grl n mah height is 5.7 inches. I wanna increase my body weight! So please help me!
I am very tired and my body is feeling not good. My body is working properly and feeling is vary bad. Can you suggest and help Me?
I am 29 years old married with 2 kids, working out 4-5 times a week. Whether milk is healthy diet for grown ups. Natural or packed milk.
Is it okay to use protein shake for muscle and body building? My friends are saying that it's not good for health in long term.
Sir I am bery weak and lose wright. So want gain wright and healthy. How I do it pls advice. Thanks.
At present I am 60 kg. indeed to increase my weight to 67 kg. Pls provide me good & healthy way to increase. My age is 33. I look very lean against my height so this doesn't give me best appearance during meetings and other occasions. So kindly advice any best diet chart. Thanks in advance.
I am eating all food but my health is so lazy. L don, t do any work. What am I do. I am so unhappy for this.
How to gain weight within 30 days. And also how to be a health person because I m too slim and of 17 year old.
I am suffering from weakness. I have lack of calcium, potassium and vitamin D in my body. So what should I do?
Hello Sir, I am very thin my weight 58 kg, hight 5'9 and my age 32. Please suggest me a natural diet plan so that I extend my weight.
As far as possible eat the whole fruit. Avoid converting it to juice. Fruits provide us antioxidants. When we eat a whole fruit the oxidation process takes place inside our body using oxygen. But if we cut the fruit into small pieces or make a juice out of it, oxidation takes place outside as it is exposed to oxygen in the air and we lose the valuable antioxidant property of fruits.