Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Aachal GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, I feel pressure on head even I sleep then also some time I feel fast heart beat and I feel anxious stressed form last 10 month without break done may blood test including CBC which was normal done ct brain which was again normal I have only -50 number in my eyes wears specs but still I have pressure on my head normally I sleep 6 hrs then also I get head pressure and I acidity after every 2 to 3 days. I had done my CBC which was normal so it is I have to check my hyperthyroid because many says that may be i'm suffering form hyperthyroid I have to check my thyroid can any one pls help me to diagnose thyroid cbc is ok or I have to do further test thanks.
Top 4 myths busted about glaucoma/ kala motia - a silent disease with irreversible vision loss and a history of inheritance, so evaluation of eyes is essential if there is a family history of disease even when there is no vision related problem in your eyes.
#1 Glaucoma is caused due to high eye pressure
This is a misconception. High eye pressure definitely poses risk for glaucoma but is not necessarily present when glaucoma develops. Many people diagnosed with glaucoma have normal eye pressure and conversely some have a high eye pressure but never develop glaucoma.
#2 Glaucoma makes you blind
This is partially untrue because if diagnosed on time, glaucoma can surely be controlled with the help of latest and effective treatment which comprises of eye drops, medicines and surgery or a combination of all three.
#3 It's easy to self diagnose glaucoma because it affects vision
Glaucoma in initial stages may not show any signs or symptoms. Therefore, to prevent vision loss from glaucoma it's important that it's detected on time. So, if you are above 40 years, have a family history of glaucoma, or even if you face any vision related problem, it's important you get your eyes examined immediately. Because vision loss caused due to glaucoma, cannot be reversed.
#4 Glaucoma is curable
Glaucoma can be controlled by the latest treatments available but it can't be cured. It is a chronic condition that requires life long treatment and strict monitoring. As mentioned above, any loss of vision due to glaucoma is irreversible. The aim of the treatment is to arrest or control any further damage to your eyes.
Doctor has an experience of 34 yrs, 50000 eye surgeries and 10000 phaco surgeries since 1986 in patna.
Get personalized advice online/take second opinion/book physical appointment online/read complete detail of doctor on www.lybrate.com/arjunkumarsingh or lybrate app (better user experience).
Dr Arjun Kumar Singh,
Avadh Eye Hospital, Patna.
My eyes often feel a lot of heat especially when in a car. It irritates me so much and sometimes tears come ou of my eyes.
Hello Doctor recently I done eye operation of glaucoma past 2 months back present I'm normal now can I drink alcohol.
I am a 24 year student and I feel some health problems last 2 years 1. I am facing so much hair fall 2. I feel some concentration and memory loss problem. 3. I am facing dental problem day by day my teeth are going weaker and black spot on my cavity and color of my teeth in going yellow. And facing also sensation problem 4 I feel very weaker so much body pain I can not seat on chair more then 10 min my all body faced stiffness problem. 5 so much pain on my legs I can not walk 2 km. 6. I am facing eyes problem. 7 My bones are very weak according to my age. 8. I feel always laziness and sleepy. I am student I am not able to concentrate on study because of these problem please suggest me what should I do.
I'm unable to sleep at night since 3 days and having severe headache and my eyes are burning what should I do please help.
This question is in relation to my father. He is 60 years old and underwent open heart surgery two years back, and he is also diabetic. Currently he is suffering eye related problem with respect to diabetic retinopathy and also leg pain because of diabetic neuropathy. He is worried because of these and off late he is suddenly behaving weird in his sleep, like shouting, doing weird actions without his notice, this continues for one to three hours and becomes normal after that and he is not aware of any of the actions he did. Just wanted to know what could be the problem is it the medicines that is showing its affect on mind or any other brain related issue please let me know and whom should I consult for this issue.
I have red eye last 5 days what can I do please give me some solution? How can I get relif by this. Plzz tell fast.
Hello Doctor, I have a trigimal neuralgia in my right side of forehead near eye from last 3 years. Very sharp shooting electric pain to touch the eyes or effected area of face. Generally it started in between sept to March. On winter season. Please suggest any permanent solution for this. Thanks & Regards
I have a problem related to the eye, in that I feel prickly inside the eyes and also itching inside the eyes prevails. On touching the eyes, they instantly become red and it pains too much.
My eyes gets red and also starts itching badly in winter season. My age is 20 and I am a male. What should I do?
I have problem in eye is like infection and it is happen again and again. I don't know the proper name I know its "funsi" type things I already go to the normal doctor then go the md medicine and eye doctor. And now what to do and I also taking the Ayurvedic.
While it's assumed that numerous eye injuries are inflicted at work, just about the same number of them may happen while at home. Luckily, most eye wounds are preventable. Find ways to prevent eye injuries, as the eyes are very sensitive and delicate.
Here is a list of some of the most common eye injuries and tips on how to prevent them:
- A lot of eye injuries happen from dust particles entering the eyes, causing itching and burning sensation. Protective glasses should be worn when doing any kind of activity in a dusty area with flying particles.
- Pencils, scissors, forks, knives and all similar sharp objects can cause a serious eye injury. Day to day household items like bungee cords, wire coat hangers, rubber bands and fishhooks are capable of causing eye injuries. You must always remain aware and super conscious while using such objects.
- While performing activities such as dusting, sweeping or lawn mowing, make sure to protect your eyes well as dust is involved.
- Children are very curious by nature. Thus, all hazardous stuff like fertilizers, acids should be kept away from their reach. These contain harmful chemicals, which may inflict fatal damage to the eyes.
- Cooking powder and spices like chili powder can cause injury to the eye. Always wash your hands after using these items, so that you don't harm the eyes if you by chance rub them with your hands.
- Precautions should be taken while dealing with heat or boiling water or oil. They may spill and cause damage to the eyes.
- Secure floor coverings and railings. On the off chance that a kid or elderly man lives in your home, use a safety gate at the top and base of stairs, and consider covering sharp furniture edges and corners with a padding material.
- While travelling in a car, abrupt jerking or breaks may cause the head to bump and cause injury to the eye. Always put on your seat belt and do not allow children to sit in the front of a car.
- Many modern toys, which are very attractive have got sharp edges because of their fancy design. Abstain children from playing with these kinds of toys.
- Laser pointers, a common fun gadget for children is very harmful and causes permanent damage to the retina. Stay away from laser pointers.
- Wear eye gear to protect your eyes during sports activities. Also wear goggles during swimming as chlorine in swimming pool water damages the eyes.
Eye injuries may happen out of nowhere. You must always remain alert to avoid eye injuries.