Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. A V S GuptaYour feedback matters!
Chickenpox is a highly contagious disease caused by the initial infection with varicella zoster virus (VZV)
Symptoms; itchy inflamed pimples that spread to rest of the body fever headache and fatigue
Measles; caused by measles virus
Symptoms; runny nose fever and white spots inside the mouth followed by red rashes
Mumps: caused by mumps virus
Symptoms; muscle pain fever exhaustion and headache followed by swelling of one of both parotid glands
I had premature ejaculation since I was 15. I also consult hormone specialist. They advice me some antidepressants. I cured after some time later my problem reoccur. And my penis is 4 inch in erect. I feel embarrassing because my friends have much larger then me. I consult many ayurveda known sex clinic. They take money. And give same pills .one yellow. Orange and silver .they had no effect. Last one give me vitamin E capsules .and I recognise. Is penis enlargement possible? Please advice me prescription. Which can be buy from ayurveda store. I follow your instructions. To mix or dosage. thanks.
I was suffering from dehydration because of water few years ago now every thing is okay but hb level is low i. E. 7.5 how it will be increased.
Hi, Recently i got married and we both love each other. My pennis are getting stiff when i try to insert and after that immediately i am loosing my errection.Please suggest me whether if i need any counciling/medicines
I am 25 years old. I have a lot of problem of gas. Even my stomach not properly being clean in washroom. What to do. Please suggest me any medicine or any thing regarding gas issue because I am so tired by it. Thank you.
I am a 25 year old male and have a body pain for the last 3 days. I am not able to work and even lie on the bed easily. What should I do.
Small painful mouth sores can be anywhere in the mouth lips, soft palate, hard palate, cheeks, gum base, tongue and even on the roof of the mouth. When situated inside the mouth, they can cause pain during eating or swallowing, especially with hot or spicy foods. A bigger cause for concern is that these mouth sores or mouth ulcers or canker sores could be an indication of an underlying health condition. A lot of chronic diseases, including HIV, herpes, and syphilis, manifest themselves as mouth sores. The following are some of the health conditions to watch out for when you have mouth sores. Each disease has characteristic appearance and so very often are easy to identify.
1. Herpes simplex (HSV1): The herpes simplex virus causes sores on the lips only which are usually painful with red blisters that last about 10 to 14 days. These are caused by herpes simplex virus type 1 and the sores appear about 20 days after contracting the virus. Also, once they enter the system, they can cause recurrent attacks especially when the immunity is low.
2. Canker sore: The most common type of mouth ulcer, they are also known as aphthous ulcers and are usually seen on the soft tissues of the mouth (not the hard palate or the gum base). These are generally innocuous and heal within 5 to 7 days. Do reach out for medical help if there are more than 5 to 6 bouts of canker sores in a year.
3. Oral thrush: Also known as candidiasis, this is where there are whitish lesions on the tongue and the insides of the mouth. Candida is a fungus that is normally present in the mouth, but when the immune system is weakened, it can lead to an infection, orally manifested as white lesions. These are typical and appear in toddlers and in patients with anemia, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, or cancer patients on chemotherapy.
4. HIV/AIDS: Another disease which first can be diagnosed in the mouth is HIV/AIDS. In the first stages of infection, known as acute retroviral syndrome, where the first symptoms of the disease begin to manifest, oral ulcers are one of the first symptoms. With the other associated symptoms, more workup for diagnosis should be done followed by appropriate treatment.
5. Oral cancers: The lining of the inside of the mouth can develop cancer and usually it appears in the form of chronic non healing ulcer that just does not go away. Seen anywhere in the mouth, nonhealing ulcers are a cause for concern and should be investigated and treated.
As seen above, mouth sores may be harmless often, but in some cases, may have something more to tell about the health in some cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I like masturbation but am having problems to release sperm when having sex what seems to be the problem?
I have fever and cold cough body pain weakness from last 5 days please which medicine can I take for this disease.
I had sex for the first time yesterday and was too nervous, couldn't able to withstand for 30 seconds after penetration, removed and inserted again, lost for only couple of seconds again. Is there any thing, my masturbation time is good enough I can ejaculate when I felt satisfied.
Dear sir/mam How to do anal sex first time as I am virgin by anal. How to prepare myself for anal sex and precautions for doing it for first time? Is it good to do ansl sex or have any harmful effect of it?
I want to make my penis large without any kind of medicine, only with ayurvedic medicines. Is it possible.
My wife pulse rate goes 115-120. She is diabetic patient. She is taking telma 40, gluformin 500, volibo 0.3 mg, insulin 30/70 mixstard 20 units in the morning. Night has been stopped by the endocrinologist. But her bp remains 130/95 or sometimes it goes 99/100 but pulse rate is very high. Is metxl tablet and upto how many mg 25 mg or plain will be suitable in her case to control the heartbeat.
Vitamin D is considered to be a very important nutrient. It plays a very important role in the development and maintenance of the bones of human body. Deficiency of vitamin D can cause several complications in the bone health such as rickets and osteomalacia.
Why athletes require vitamin D?
Vitamin D is vital for all human beings, but in the case of athletes, it is even more important. Athletes require stronger bones than normal people because they are subjected to much more physical exercise and stress. Athletes depend on their bones and their strength to perform well. Runners, gymnasts and all kinds of athletes who utilize their limbs require strong and healthy bones, in order to be more strong and stable and also for being less prone to bone injuries. Weak bones can easily crack or break during the activities carried out by an athlete and thus enough supply of vitamin D is very essential for the athletes. Stronger bones would enhance their overall body strength, which would have a positive effect on their performance.
In athletes, the limbs are subjected to extreme exertion and a lot of extra pressure is put on the bones. Proper vitamin D enrichment would make the bones function more efficiently. For all these reasons, proper intake of vitamin D is very essential, especially for athletes.
A primary source of vitamin D is sunlight. Adequate exposure to sunlight enriches you with vitamin D. Many athletes have to perform in severe heat conditions under a very bright sun, where direct exposure for a long time may cause sunburns. To avoid these, many athletes apply sunscreen to cover their exposed skin. Using sunscreen forms a layer on the skin through which sunlight cannot penetrate and thus the supply of vitamin D is restricted. Hence, athletes require more vitamin D from other sources.
How to get enough vitamin D?
To keep the bones extra strong and healthy, athletes should intake enough vitamin D. The major sources of vitamin D include:
- Natural vitamin D rich foods should be consumed regularly, which include fatty fish like salmon and mackerel, fish liver oil, egg yolks, beef liver and cheese. Food items fortified with vitamin D should also be consumed. They are orange juice, milk, yogurt and some cereals.
- Exposure to the sun is very important as the sunlight is rich in vitamin D. The exposure of the face, arms, back and legs to direct sunlight during mid-day, without using a sunscreen should be practised.
Vitamin D is responsible for keeping the bones strong and healthy. This is why athletes require sufficient vitamin D for better performance. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.