Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. A SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am a 21 year old young suffering from stomach colitis and weak digestive power, what precaution should I follow and what should I eat during this time to gain a good body muscles?
My digestion system is not functioning properly. What precautions should I take for further damage? How I can improve my digestive system's strength?
Hello everyone. I am Dr Manoj Gupta, I am a consultant Liver transplant surgeon and surgical gastroenterology in New Delhi. Today I will provide you tips to keep your liver healthy.
Good health is the best wealth. To safeguard the best wealth, you must protect your crucial organs. One such organ is a liver. Your liver is a key player in the body digestive system. It is an organ which can easily damage if you don't take good care of it. So, here are some tips;
- Eat a healthy diet and involve in regular exercise. High fibre food such as fruits, vegetables and whole grain food are good for health. At the same time, you must also increase protein intake from the sources such as fish, beans and nuts. Be careful with herbs and dietary supplements. Avoid food which you are allergic and sensitive too. As it weakens the liver function and stress the immune system.
- Reduce your body weight as Obesity is the major factor. People who are obese start following the healthy diet and work out regularly to maintain your body weight.
- Avoid the consumption of alcohol, smoking or illegal drugs. The small quantity of alcohol on regular basis can burden your liver.
- Liver helps in detoxifying the alcohol. So, having complete breaks from the alcohol helps your liver.
Learn how to prevent viral Hepatitis. It is a serious disease that harms your liver. They are of several types like Hepatitis A, B, C, E.
You can get Hepatitis A and E from drinking the water having virus which will ultimately cause a disease. You can also get a vaccine
Hepatitis B and C are spread through blood and body floats. To cut the risks, do not share items such as razers, toothbrushes or needles.
- Limit the number of sex partners you have and always use barrier protections while having sex.
- Hence, get vaccinated and see the family whether they are vaccinated. This may reduce the risk of diseases.
- Always avoid self medications. Nowadays everyone rushes to the medical store rather than rushing to the doctor.
- Over intake of drugs can harm the liver and in several situations, may lead to liver failure also. Although, prevention is better than cure. But once diagnosed with decompensated liver disease, early liver transplant can give better long term outcome.
If you want to take appointment with me, you can take it through Lybrate.
My report says that" few small echo genic foci less than 3mm noted in both kidneys and for pancreas it is written that head and tail of pancreas visualized, tail obscured by bowel gas" what does it mean please reply soon docs about the kidney it is written in bold. Is there any big issue?
Hi doctor. My age is 25. Height 5 feet. And my weight is 70. I wanted to reduce my weight. Suggest me medicine. I had done fast last month. But I affected with gastric. Shall I take nutrislim powder. Is it safe.
Sir i have pain in my stomach due to constipation ,incomplete bowel and specially too much gases.Pain is constant from last two years.Please suggest medications.
Gastro: whenever I eat outside food, I have stomach problem. No pain etc but indigestion and I end up passing stool couple of times per day. Also, when I drink water or any liquid, I have to pass urine in next 15 mins or so. Please advise.
I have acidity problem every second day. Even though my stomach remains empty. I don't eat anything but I still feel heaviness in my stomach. From morning itself the area between where our lungs end. Or where the liver is situated. There is mild pain over there for the whole day and when I eat something in this situation I feel like vomiting though I don't vomit but there is sensation of vomiting.
Is there any medicine to stop collecting acidic fluid in stomach or can it be reduce in normal form because every 3-4 days have to do tapping and take out the fluid. It is painful and unbearable.
I am suffering with acidity, burning sensation in chest frequently, palpitation, nervousness. Pls guide.
Hello doctor, I am 21 years old male, workout daily and lift heavy. Consume 1.8g protein per kg of bodyweight. From last couple of weeks, I am having pain in my anal region and it kept increasing. It stays for 6-7 hours after bowel movement in the morning and hurts allot while sitting and during pushing in the toilet. Today I checked and there is something like skin tag at opening of the anal. Don't know if it is hemorrhoids or warts but it hurts allot. I did not find any blood during movements. Please help.
My mom is suffering from tonsils from her childhood. Due to this she also feels increase in her heartbeat during acidity. I just want to know is there is any connection between acidity and tonsils and how to reduce effect of these disease?
I am 25 year old Male I have cough and gas when stomach is empty problem from many months. Suggest me remedy of problem. Thank you.
I am 28 years old and since five month I think I am suffering frome pils or fissra or fisssure I dont know but when I go toilet during relisin bowls I feel very painc til two or three hours blood is not relisig but I cant sit comfort I fell pain please give me suggetin
I am facing the problem of excessiveness of gas and acidity due to this I felt breathing problem and pain in left side of chest (heart. All day I feel heaviness in chest and acid in my chest, mouth and sometime it hits the brain.
IBS or the Irritable bowel syndrome is an indication based diagnosis described by incessant stomach torment, distress, bloating and changes of bowel propensities. The essential side effects of IBS are stomach torment or distress in relationship with continuous the runs or blockage and an adjustment in bowel propensities. There may likewise be earnestness for bowel movements, a sentiment inadequate clearing (tenesmus), bloating or abdominal distension. Now and again, the indications are assuaged by bowel movements.
Individuals with IBS, more ordinarily than others, have gastroesophageal reflux, side effects identifying with the genitourinary framework, ceaseless weakness syndrome, fibromyalgia, headache, spinal pain and psychiatric side effects, for example, sadness and anxiety. About 33% of men and women who have IBS likewise report sexual brokenness commonly as a decrease in libido. Some studies show that up to 60% of people with IBS additionally have a mental issue, regularly uneasiness or misery.
Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
1. Fiber: Some evidence proposes that dissolvable fiber supplementation (e.g., psyllium / ispaghula husk) is compelling in the general IBS populace. It goes about as a building operator.
2. Medication: Solutions may comprise of stool conditioners and intestinal medicines in blockage prevalent IBS and antidiarrheals in the runs transcendent IBS for mellow side effects and more grounded sedatives, for example, morphine and oxycodone for extreme cases.
3. Antispasmodics: The utilization of antispasmodic medications may help patients, particularly those with issues or the runs.
4. Stopping the use of Proton Pump Inhibitors: Proton pump inhibitors which are utilized to stifle stomach corrosive creation may bring about bacterial abundance prompting to IBS indications. Cessation of proton pump inhibitors in chose people has been recommended as it might prompt to an improvement or determination of IBS indications.
5. Different Agents: Magnesium aluminum silicates and alverine citrate medications can be compelling for bad tempered bowel syndrome.
This is the antitoxin treatment for little intestinal bacterial abundance. Diminishing anxiety may lessen the recurrence and seriousness of IBS side effects. Procedures that might be useful include:
1. Relaxation procedures, for example, contemplation
2. Physical exercises, for example, yoga or kendo
3. Regular practice, for example, swimming, strolling or running.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.