Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A.S. Vasudev
Submit a review for Dr. A.S. VasudevYour feedback matters!
My aunt is suffering from urinary infection n white urine is passed. She lives in a village. Doctor is treating her. Antibiotic does not seem to work. Pls advise.
I am 19 years old Female. I done Pyloplasty surgery in right kidney before 2 years. Because the way of Right Kidney to Urinal pipe Is too small from I born. But the symptoms I found pain in The age of 17. After The Surgery I Have Back pain and Right Leg pain. During periods, I have Right side Stomach pain. So I Consult doctor. He said The pain is due to a leg Nerve Compression in backbone. It is occur due to side effect and you will take Calcium tablet to avoid further problem. But I do not know how to I relief from those pains now?
I have been suffering for last three years. It all started in the morning ,passing stool is difficult and after stool burning urethra and rectum. Urine flow is very poor. PSA normal, usg normal. I cannot sit for whole day, continue burning in rectum and urethra for last 3 years. Cannot eat little spicy food at night. Please help me.
I am 40 years old and I am having continuous body ache for the past 2 days. And the urination is also not good. What should I do?
I am 32 years old male suffering frequent urination and urgency in urine problem. Did all test like urine culture, sonography, xray, so finally one doctor ask about ciscoscopy and I did it. After doing this he said urine capacity is very less storage. How can be this happens. I mean to say how its possible. F.
My father has blood in urine, so I have done urine test and the findings are as mentioned below: Unrin Analysis Physical Examination 1. Color: P. Yellow 2. Transparency: Hazy Chemical Examination 1. Blood: Trace 2. Urobilinogen: Normal 3. Ketone: Negative 4. Albumin: Negative 5. Nitrite: Positive 6. Sugar: Negative 7. leukocytes: Present 8. PH: 06 Microscopic Examination 1. Epithelial Cells: 3-4/hpf 2. Pus Cells: 12-15/hpf 3. RBC's: 4-5/hpf 4. Cast: Nill 5. Crystals: Nill 6. Fungus: Nill 7. Others: Few motile bacilli Kindly suggest your valuable suggestions. I will be thankful to you. Please help.
I am surfing kidney stone last 5-6 years and I have operated stones 2 times but again again create new stones in my body. Please help me how curve stones.
Dear doctor, I am having frequent urination problem and also some time have pain in my left testes, lower abdomen and also in the back region. Though the pain is not permanent. So please advice.
If you are concerned about your health, it is important for you to protect your kidneys from several harmful conditions. There are several types of kidney disorders, which may develop if your kidneys are not well cared for. This may include an overload of toxins, acute renal failure, chronic kidney disease and end-stage renal disease. Along with these problems kidney cancer is another fatal threat.
Steps to keep your kidneys healthy
There are several ways you can take care of your kidneys and keep them safe, such as
- Take certain tests for obtaining the panel reading of your BUN or blood urea nitrogen and creatinine levels. The estimated glomerular filtration rate (EGFR) must be determined as well. The scores obtained from these tests will tell you about the condition of your kidneys at that point in time.
- Lower your amount of phosphorous intake. When the kidney does not function properly, phosphorus accumulation is likely to happen, which causes serious conditions like heart disorders and calcification of the tissues. You should avoid phosphorous rich food items and abstain from drinking carbonated drinks.
- You must consume foods that support and boost the health of your kidneys, which includes watermelon, cranberry, cabbage, cauliflower, blueberry, strawberry, apples, garlic, onion and olive oil.
- Obesity is related to kidney cancer and hence, you must maintain a healthy weight and carrying out regular exercises is highly advisable.
- Several pain relievers such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or NSAIDS may have harmful side effects on the kidney and may lead to kidney cancer. Try to avoid these medicines.
- You can take an Epsom salt bath. This is a common measure for detoxification, as it enables in removing waste and toxins from the body and improves the overall health of your kidneys. Also, it is advisable to go for regular blood and urine check-up along with ultra-sound to know how your kidneys are functioning.
- You should keep your blood-sugar level and blood pressure under control as they can lead to kidney failure. You should quit smoking and stop using tobacco in any form as the toxins from nicotine will harm your kidneys.
With proper care and management of your kidneys, you will be able to prevent several harmful conditions.One should get Kidney function test and Ultrasound done to check that the kidney is functioning normally. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!