Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. A P SinghYour feedback matters!
स्वस्थस्य स्वास्थय रक्षणं - Vision Health First
Our ancient Ayurveda Science and Sages have been always given 1st preference to maintenance of health. In present era WHO (World Health Organization) and the world has accepted the vision of Ayurveda “स्वस्थस्य स्वास्थय रक्षणं”-i. e. who are healthy should maintain their health, secondary who are sick treat them. In Ayurveda Science different varieties of Food (Annapan-अन्नपान), Medicines (Aushadha-औषध) and Procedures (Prakriya-प्रक्रिया) are mentioned to maintain healthy status of life and for long life span.
Oja(ओज)-Bal(बल)-Immunity and Ayurveda
Thousands of years ago the Ayurveda Science gave deep knowledge of Rog Pratikar Shakti (Immunity) and explained it in detail. During elaborating Ojas(ओजस) महर्षि चरक has explained 3 different types of Rog Pratikar Shakti
Immunity Power which are as per below.
- Vyadhikshamatwa(व्याधिक्षमत्व) - शारीरिक सहनशीलता
- Vyadhipratibandhakatvak (व्याधीप्रतीबन्धकत्वक) - शारीरिक रोगप्रतिकारक शक्ति
- Vyadhibal virodhitva(व्याधिबल विरोधित्व) - विशेष प्रकारकी परिस्थिति के सामने विशेष बल जिससे रोग के सामने लडा जासके
Child Immunization and Ayurveda
In the present era, we are providing different-different vaccines for different diseases, but Ayurveda Science deals with the complete immune system development through single औषधी योग (Vaccine) which can help your child to fight against all diseases as well promotes growth rate too. That procedure is known as Shuvarnprashan – Jaatkarma Sanskar (सुवर्ण प्राशन – जातकर्म संस्कार)
Jatakarma Samskara (newborn care) is told as a purification procedure, in which soon after cutting the umbilical cord the baby is made to lick the mixture of gold, honey, and ghee by chanting Mantra (spiritual hymns)
In Jatakarma Samskara
Acharya Sushruta cites the administration of Swarna along with honey and ghee in one among the procedures of Jatakarma Samskara that is, as a single dose at the time of birth in the procedure of new born care. He provided the rationale behind this practice that there will be no adequate secretion of breast milk for the first 4 days after delivery and so as to support the baby with respect to preventive and nutritive aspect, such practices are indispensable. Acharya Vagbhata advises to give a combination of herbal drugs in a specific shaped spoon as that of the leaf of holy banyan tree, made up of gold to the newborn for increasing Medha (intellect). Administration of Swarna along with other herbs is also mentioned by Acharya Vagbhata in Jatakarma Samskara.
Benefits of Shuvarnprashan
- No neurological side effects
- Increases immunity
- Increases intelligence
- Prevents common recurrent infections, asthma and other allergic conditions
- Improves memory, attention span, concentration & learning ability
- Reduces temper tantrums, attention deficits, bed-wetting & other neuro-psychosomatic problems.
- Improves speech, hearing & visual acuity
- Helps to maintain health in children
- Improves your metabolic and digestive capabilities (अग्नि वर्धक)
- It improves your physical strength (बल वर्धक)
- It helps in eliminating harmful planetary effects (ग्रहापहं)
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
If any person is doing sex wearing a condom. Then it is safe from having sexual transmitted disease.Please suggest.
I am getting treatment for allergy from last one month. Doctor prescribed me LOD5 ,recently this got aggravated so doctor changed the medicine to xyzal 10 mg. Inspite of it I have to take it twice in a day if I miss than my whole body start getting rashes looks like it's swollen. Another problem is that because of heat I got prickly heat rash and as I was already was getting allergy rashes my skin started drying in that area as I scratched it really badly, after applying skin cream it's better but there are spots and it still itch. How much time it take to get better both allergy and the spots on the skin . And why it is happening even after proper medication.
I'm having a problem with nightfalls if do not masturbate for a week there will be a nightfall If I masturbate I'm getting pimples on my face what is the solution for it.
I have been operated twice for nasal papilloma. Recently I had third surgery to remove inverted papilloma. I have been told that there are chances of recurrence Please advice the solution to avoid the recurrence.
Scabies is a contagious disease that is caused by small insects called mites, primarily the ‘human itch mite’. Small blisters are formed along the trail where the mites lay the eggs. You may experience symptoms of intense itching at night. The usual spots where scabies usually tend to develop are the fingers, armpits, elbows and the inner thighs.
This disease can spread by touch; sharing toiletries or sleeping with an infected person all contribute to the spread of this disease. The eggs and the feces of the mites in the burrows of the skin are what cause the itching in scabies. The eggs and the feces usually trigger allergic reactions on the skin.
The various homeopathic treatments for scabies are:
1. Carbo-veg: This remedy is effective when you experience dry abrupt eruptions on the body. Symptoms of itching tend to aggravate at night, especially during undressing. There is usually a smelly discharge from the infected areas.
2. Arsenic album: This remedy is used to treat scabies eruptions which appear on the bends of the knees. The burning and itching sensations tend to worsen at night.
3. Causticum: This is used to treat symptoms of scabies which include wet pustules with foul smelling pus. In this case, the skin develops a yellowish hue along with the presence of warts. Coughing and sneezing can lead to involuntary urination.
4. Hepar sulph: Hepar sulph is used when symptoms of crusty pustules develop on the hands, folds of the skin and the feet. The skin becomes sensitive to cold weather and the pustules have a cheese like discharge.
5. Lycopodium: Lycopodium is used to treat symptoms of scabies that occur on the genitals, scalp and the abdomen. Exposure to anything warm can aggravate the condition and intensify the itching. The pustules are moist and yellowish brown in color. The itching usually subsides if the skin comes in contact with anything cold.
I am 30 years old man. My pennis is very small. What should I do for making it bigger. Please suggest
I have always suffering from fever and there is always a moment within 1-2 weeks that I get ill due to fever. I didn't understand the reason behind it. After taking medicine it makes me alright and it look like that I have get cured my health easily and the weakness is also another problem with me. My health had never developed from starting my childhood. Can you please help me to sort out of this problem.
Meri mother in law ki age 62 hai. Unhe diabetes hai or vo subah endoformin g1leti thi or raat ko glyciphage but Dr. ne abi tablet change kardi germer 0.5 and germer 1 kar di he par vo subah germer 0.5 lete he or raat ko to glyciphage hi lete he to kya yehi continue rakh sakte he?
Symptoms Of Skin Fungus
While skin fungus may be caused by different environments and different types of fungi the signs or the symptoms of such infections are common:
• The skin of the feet peels, cracks or scales off
• Redness occurs on the skin as well as blister formation
• The skin tends to soften and breakdown
• There could be itching and burning
It is to be noted that skin fungus causes infections that are highly contagious. Thus, it can easily be transmitted from one person to another. The infected area needs to be treated or else it will spread to other areas of the body and cause complications. The different kinds of skin fungal infections like Jock itch, ringworm, athlete’s foot can be cured or prevented by taking note of the effective home remedies available.
Home Remedies For Skin Fungus
1. Proper Cleaning Routine
We often do not give adequate attention to the feet or clean it properly. It is necessary to:
• Wash feet thoroughly with soap
• It should be scrubbed or exfoliated from time to time to remove the dead skin cells.
Such regular cleaning rituals will keep the skin on the feet healthy and not allow bacteria to develop on it.
2. Keep The Feet And Shoes Dry
It is imperative that one maintains cleanliness and dryness of the feet and shoes:
• One should not wear shoes with wet feet
• The feet should be dried thoroughly after bath or washing
• If shoes are wet, they should be dried out properly before they are worn
3. Use Of Apple Cider Vinegar
If one has ringworm they can make use of apple cider vinegar and its antiseptic properties:
• The affected area should be cleansed with antiseptic soap first
• Apple cider vinegar should be applied on the affected area with a soft cotton ball
• The affected area should be massaged gently
4. Use Of Nail Polish
A common home remedy to get rid of skin fungus is to use nail polish remover or nail polish on it:
• If the fungus has affected the nails putting nail polish on it will kill the fungus and dry out the area
• The acetylene content in the nail polish does the trick
5. Do Not Wear Footwear For Long
If you tend to sweat or are active all day long, you need to remove the footwear often:
• It will help to dry out the seat
• It will reduce chances of fungal infection coming on
6. Apply Powder
If one is repeating the same pair of socks and shoes they need to:
• Apply baby powder in the shoes and the socks
• That will keep the moisture out and reduce chances of infection
7. Keep An Eye Out For Telltale Signs
It is hard to recognize the symptoms of fungal infection. One needs to keep an eye out for the first signs as the skin infection caused by fungi is contagious:
• Crusty skin layer forms on the top of feet
• Small rashes might develop which might itch
8. Do Not Wear Tight Fitting Clothes Or Shoes
When one has fungal infection they should resort to:
• Loose clothing that allow the air movement
• Comfortable fitted shoes should be worn to prevent aggravation of the infected areas
9. Tea Tree Oil
This is known to be an effective cure for fungal infections. It can be used in the form of:
• Ointment on the affected area
• The oil can be mixed with a carrier oil and then applied on the affected area
10. Preventing Skin Fungus On The Back
If you tend to sweat a lot you need to:
• Change the sweaty clothes
• Scrub the skin thoroughly when taking bath
11. Use Of Essential Oil
One can use the following essential oils to prevent fungus from growing on the skin:
• Garlic oil
• Tea tree oil
• Oregano oil
12. Use Of Hydrogen Peroxide
On can use a solution of
hydrogen peroxide and water in order to treat fungal infections. If one is suffering from such an infection:
• They can use such a solution to wash themselves or soak the affected area
• If the skin is sensitive, skin bleach can also be used to treat the affected areas