Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A P S Bedi
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A P S BediYour feedback matters!
Skin aging is a gradual process, but multiple factors, including stress and less sleep, expedite the aging process. Skin aging manifests itself in the form of wrinkles, sagging, discoloration and other visible effects. Such changes become more apparent as soon as one reaches late thirties or early forties, but early onsets are now very common too, which can be caused by a number of factors.
There are many ways by which skin aging can be prevented. Let us have a look at the following:
- Eat healthy: Having a nutritious balanced diet can make a tremendous positive impact on your skin. Consumption of food items that are rich in vitamins, minerals and other nutrients is essential. It is also important to drink lots of water and fluids to stay hydrated. Junk food and sugary drinks should be avoided as it negatively affects skin health.
- Avoid sun exposure: This is the most basic way of reducing the rate of skin aging and slowing down the process. While going out in the day cannot always be avoided, it is important to keep the skin covered with clothing, hats and sunglasses.
- Always wear sunscreen: This provides protection from the harmful rays of the sun (known as UVA and UVB). Making a habit of constantly applying sunscreen on all exposed parts of skin plays an important role in preventing skin aging. It is also necessary to use the right products, which should have an SPF rating or 30 or more.
- Exercise regularly: Keeping fit through regular workouts and exercise improves the circulation of blood in the body and consequently, the supply of blood and oxygen to the skin. This keeps the skin healthy and young and prevents early onset of wrinkling and aging.
There are several other ways of preventing skin aging such as avoid smoking, avoid the use of too many products and cosmetics, getting enough sleep, and always keeping skin cleansed and moisturized. Following these simple ways can effectively make your skin look younger and slow down the aging process.
I am 26 yr old girl I need suggestion for skin whitening soap for body hand and leg is very dark my skin type is dry.
Hello sir, I am 32 years old woman I am vegetarian. Sir apple cider vinegar is best for dark underarms.
Whenever I eat chicken, sweets or goes out on a hot day, tiny bulges starts to appear on my skin. Before they do, I feel a burning sensation under my skin, it also happens to my scalp and I kinda feel like I'm losing hair cuz of it, even though I'm just 17.
While I was playing, a strong burnt stick with coal type ash had stinged my led such that my upper layer of skin peeled out. And my injury is fully covered with ash. Do it cause infection.. The ash cannot be cleaned.
Hello Doctor, I want to ask that I have tiny black spots on my nose, it is inside the skin, can you tell me what is it and some methods to cure it. Thank you.
The skin is known as the largest organ in the human body. It covers us from top to toe and has three layers:
- Epidermis: The outermost layer
- Dermis: Lies just beneath the Epidermis
- Hypodermis: It holds the fat and connective tissue
Our skin requires constant care and protection because it is exposed to the ravages of pollution, dust and harmful UV rays. Let us consider the following reasons for taking care of the skin.
- Free Radicals: The particles or molecules that escape from dust, pollution and other such factors in everyday urban living, settle on the skin and clog the pores. It is important to clean the skin every single day and exfoliate at least once a week with a trip to the salon or with a facial scrub at home, so that these can be removed.
- Dead Cells: The skin throws up dead cells on a daily basis, which may not be obvious to the naked eye. These need to be cleared daily as they can also clog the pores and give rise to acne, skin infection and other skin conditions, that can take a turn for the worse with ailments like Melanoma and skin cancer.
- Elasticity: One must keep the skin clean and use anti aging products in a timely manner along with a good moisturiser and sunscreen, so that the supple quality and glow is kept intact with a regular cleanse of the collagen, which can be prevented from slipping away due to neglect. This collagen keeps the elasticity of the skin which makes the skin look firm and young.
- Prevention: One must clean the skin and use skin care products that prevent premature aging and accumulation of free radicals. Prevention is better than cure and this stands true in the case of skin care as well.
- UV Rays: The powerful UV rays can hit your skin persistently and cause long term damage and sun spots. In order to lessen the damaging effect, it is important to use protective skin care products that will help in keeping freckles, age spots, brown spots, skin peeling and excessive sunburn and tanning at bay.
- Skin Problems and Allergies: Bug bites, injuries and other allergies must be taken care of instantly with a visit to the doctor or medicated creams and medication. This will ensure that the delicate texture of the skin does not get marred by possible infection.
It is important to look after your skin with a proper routine of cleansing, toning and moisturising.
My skin is little dark tone than my body tone. Please suggest me with some medicines and home remedies for brightening the skin.
Favorite pastime of most of the people would be to look at the mirror and analyze the skin. While acne is the most common problem, next in line would be pigmentation. One could have light patches or dark patches on the skin. The color of the skin is due to a pigment known as melanin. Greater the amount of melanin in the skin, darker the complexion. Skin color depends on the following:
- Degree of sun exposure
- Skin care routine
- Stress levels
- Hormonal levels (related to menstruation, pregnancy, breast feeding, menopause, etc.)
- Food habits
Hypopigmentation is less common and it is better to seek medical advice to rule out other medical conditions. Hyperpigmentation where there are increased amounts of melanin on the skin. This is quite common and happens with increased sun exposure and age. The most common types are as below:
- Melesma: Caused by hormonal changes, is very commonly seen during pregnancy.
- Lentigo: Multiple black spots or freckles. This could be caused by ageing or due to sun exposure.
- Management of hyperpigmentation: This involves two-fold approach with preventing and treatment
Tips for preventing hyperpigmentation:
Reducing sun damage and using optimal sun protection is the best way to prevent hyperpigmentation. The sunscreen should have at least an SPF (sun protection factor) of 15. A common misbelief is that sun damage happens during the bright days. However, even sun during cloudy weather causes damage, so avoid direct sun exposure as much as possible if you have are at risk of pigmentation.
Regularly scrub and exfoliate the skin to remove the dead cells from the top layers. Dry or sensitive skin can be exfoliated 1 to 2 times weekly, and oily skin can be exfoliated 2 to 3 times weekly. This helps constantly remove the top dead layers and fresh skin cells to come to the top, giving a fresher, more youthful look.
Treatment for Hyperpigmentation Pigmentation is hereditary, and so improved skin care routine is useful in improving appearance. When buying skin care products, check whether the SPF is greater than 15 at the minimum, and there are other essential ingredients like alpha hydroxyl acids, glycolic acid, and lactic acid.
These help in skin regeneration and producing a clearer skin with reduced discoloration. Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and kojic acid are also useful in treating hyperpigmentation. Dietary changes like egg white mask, citrus fruit application, potato peel can help in reducing pigmentation.
Other dietary changes to adhere to include a diet that is less in oil and refined sugars. A fresh fruit and vegetable loaded diet, adequate hydration, good skin care, and proper sun protection can go a long way in reducing pigmentation.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!