Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A P Bhatia
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A P BhatiaYour feedback matters!
The main sign of male infertility is the inability to conceive a child. There may be no other obvious signs or symptoms. In some cases, however, an underlying problem such as an inherited disorder, hormonal imbalance, dilated veins around the testicle, or a condition that blocks the passage of sperm causes signs and symptoms.
Although most men with male infertility do not notice symptoms other than inability to conceive a child, signs and symptoms associated with male infertility include:
Problems with sexual function — for example, difficulty with ejaculation or small volumes of fluid ejaculated, reduced sexual desire or difficulty maintaining an erection (erectile dysfunction)
Pain, swelling or a lump in the testicle area
Recurrent respiratory infections
Inability to smell
Abnormal breast growth (gynecomastia)
Decreased facial or body hair or other signs of a chromosomal or hormonal abnormality
Having a lower than normal sperm count (fewer than 15 million sperm per milliliter of semen or a total sperm count of less than 39 million per ejaculate)
What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
Diabetes and wellness
Some myths sourrounding diabetes
1. Rice is bad for diabetics â not true
A) white rice: highly refined, less fibre, less vitamins due to polishing. Not good for diabetes
B) brown and red rice: good fibre content high vitamin and mineral content. Good for diabetes, small quantity is better
C) black rice: once upon a time consumed by only royal family of china. Its rich in antioxidant anthocyanine, fibre and minerals. Good for consumption.
2. Six meals are better than three meals â not true
Eating frequently puts a strain on pancreas because it is not given a gap to produce and store insulin, if you do not have an active lifestyle. If you are working out regularly, then eating 6 times a day as per your physician / dietician advice would be best.
3. Fasting is not good for diabetes â not true
Intermittent fasting on the advice of the doctor and under supervision.
Medications dose need to be adjusted depending on the time of fasting.
B. Lowered triglycerides
C. Weight loss
D. Normalises prediabetes.
E. In some cases, can help in reversal of diabetes
Intermittent fasting is the best dietary intervention for prediabetes or borderline diabetes.
4. Diabetes is a chronic progressive disease â not true
Type 2 diabetes although widely believed to be a chronic progressive disease, is reversible in many cases.
5. Insulin is needed only in later stage and severe diabetes â not true
A recent study suggested that insulin is a good choice if a personâs hba1c levels remain above 8% while only on oral tablets, i. E, even within 3-4 months of diagnosis.
6. Diabetes canât be reversed â not true
Many cases of type 2 diabetes can be reversed by conforming to diet, right exercise, appropriate dietary interventions like low carbohydrate diet and intermittent fasting, adequate sleep, and managing stress through practices like meditation and yoga.
The occurrence of diabetes is expanding step by step. Being a silent executioner, it is attacking the youthful generation subtly that builds the weight of exchequer on the general population. Individuals, who are taking cutting edge medicines for diabetes treatment, prompting to searching of option arrangement of medicine where Ayurveda has more prominent application and significance. Ayurveda treats diabetes through diet, drugs, exercise and panchakarma.
Reasons for diabetes
- Deficiency of exercise
- Diet expanding kapha dosha, for example, fats, sugar, rice, potatoes
- Mental stress and strain
- Over the top sleep
Ayurvedic cure for diabetes
- Bitter Gourd Juice: Juice of Karela (30 ml) might be gone up against discharge stomach day by day in the early morning. It is considered as one the best remedies for diabetes. Pulverize the bitter melon into a grinder in the wake of isolating its seeds. Tad bit of water may likewise be included. Strainer this to have juice.
- Methi Seeds: Fenugreek seeds or its mix with ayurvedic herbs are helpful remedy to decrease the signs and symptoms of diabetes. Absorbed fenugreek seeds warm water overnight took after by biting it in the morning.
- Triphala: Triphala alongside different fixings are helpful in bringing down the sugar levels in blood. The decoction of a balance of base of Triphala, barberry, moth (20ml) and colocynth might be brought with turmeric powder (4gm) twice per day.
- Turmeric: Turmeric 4 gm + Piper nigrum + Kali Mirach 500 mg in morning with warm water.
- Aloe Vera and ground sound leaf: The blend of turmeric (1/2 tbsp), ground sound leaf (1/2 tbsp), and aloe vera gel (1 tbsp) if taken twice every prior day lunch and supper, is useful to control sugar in blood along these lines successful for the issue.
- Cinnamon powder: This is one of the essential regular home remedies. Step by step instructions to plan: First take one liter of drinkable water. Include 3-4 tbsp of cinnamon powder and warmth it for 20 minutes. Strain the blend and made it cool. Drink it consistently.
- Diet: Use Varee, barly, Kulittha, Mung, old rice, Chickpeas, bitter gourd, dudhee gourd, Dodaka, in diet. Incorporate 'Tikta ras' things in diet.