Lybrate.com has top trusted Rheumatologists from across India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A N Malaviya
Submit a review for Dr. A N MalaviyaYour feedback matters!
Sir, is great
I am 30 years old guy. I feeling pain in left knee since last 9 months. Although I have consult doctor but I don't get rid from it.
Hi, doctors, greetings. My age 32. I am facing a knee pain since 15 days. I experiences when I sit it's jamming. When I am standing there is no pain. Actually I was jumped from 1 meter height. Last 20 days back. I usually stands 6-9 hours per day on my job. Please help me what to do. There is no swelling only jam. Pls suggest.
I am suffering from arthritis ankle pain for the last few years. There is a big gap between the joint bones. I am 65 years of age. Please suggest remedy for the pain.
I used to run daily but in my knee I have problem if put some pressure on my knee it got pain otherwise normal. Pain is slightly minute but not getting over.
I have an complete ACL tear on my left leg. Is it surgery is the way to go or else rehabilitation will be the best since just now I am 26 years old. Even I am not interested in surgery.
My mother aged 69, is having Knee pain, she could not walk due to certain inflammation at knee part and certain click sounds. Please suggest the remedy for it. It is observed shake in her lips some time.
I am on libotrp 12.5/ 5 mg for insomnia but couldn't get sleep whole night can I take a zolfresh 5 mg now.
Sir my name is masud ali molla I am suffering a problem in my knee some days ago I am playing cricket and my brother hit my left knee.
When joints get inflamed, it is known as arthritis. This causes swelling and pain in the joints of your body such as the hips and the knees. When the cartilage gets damaged at the ends of bones, a type of arthritis called osteoarthritis occurs.
There are two main types of osteoarthritis:
- Primary: This type is more generalized. It affects the knees, fingers, hips, spine and thumb.
- Secondary: This type can occur after injury or joint inflammation, or as a result of any disease that affects the ligament's composition, like hemochromatosis.
How is the hip affected by osteoarthritis?
Patients have difficulties walking if they have hip osteoarthritis. Diagnosing hip osteoarthritis is difficult. It is because the pain appears in varied locations, such as the groin, buttocks, knee or thigh. The pain can be a dull throb or can be sharp and stabbing. The hip is usually stiff.
What are the causes of hip osteoarthritis?
The causes of hip osteoarthritis are unknown. However, the factors that can lead to osteoarthritis are joint injury, excessive weight and rising age.
Along with the abovementioned factors, the following may contribute as well:
- The joints may not have developed accurately
- The cartilage may have inherited the defects
- If the joints are too irritated due to added pressure on them, like excess body weight or stressful activities that include hip movement, osteoarthritis may develop.
What are the symptoms of hip osteoarthritis?
The symptoms of hip osteoarthritis are as follows:
- Joints feel stiff when you get out of bed
- Joints feel stiff if you have been sitting for some time
- The joints feel painful, swollen or tender
- You can hear (a "crunching" sound) or feel the bones rubbing against each other.
- You find yourself unable to do certain things, like putting on socks, as it requires your hips to move.
How is hip osteoarthritis treated?
The main objective of treatment is to restore the patient's ability to move around. A part of this objective includes correcting the function of the hip and managing the pain. The treatment can include: