Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. A. MukherjeeYour feedback matters!
I am feeling depressed and low duw to my criticism by my boss. I feel down and the hours before I leave for office are very heavy. I feel choked and down.
My query is for my sister. She is 37 years old and unmarried. She has diagnosed with Schizophrenia and her treatment is going on for this problem from Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital from the past one year. Her problem related to his is under control. But her weight is 109 kg. Her doctor advised to reduce weight otherwise many problems will arise. We consult gynecologist, Dietician as advised by her RML doctor. She is taking controlled diet as advised. Many tests were also done. But noting happens. Please advise. Thankyou.
On 15th I had me periods and it lasted for only 4 days. On 23rd I had unproductive sex and I took an ipill within 12 hr. Today during urination I noticed blood and thought it was periods but it stopped within some minutes. Im not bleeding now. Am I pregnant? Please reply.
Hello sir, I am 22 years 8 months old. I am having a problem with my confidence. I feel like i'm very afraid to do something even though tasks are very silly. I try to convince myself a lot like there is nothing fearful in whatever I want to do. But I am not able to convince myself. Examples: 1) I shiver a lot in the interviews even though i'm quite good at speaking. I'm sure I can communicate well. I tried to convince myself a lot but still problem persist. 2) my Girl Friend is avoiding me (It hurts me a lot). And just wanted to know the reason why she had done this to me. I want convince her but I couldn't convince myself to start the conversation. One day I forcefully tried but brain stopped working. Couldn't get right words out of my mouth. Please advise me something. Because of this I couldn't achieve anything great in my life. I feel very low and weak whenever something is bothering me. I read inspiration books and all the motivational stuff a lot. I try to fool my mind nothing worked. Its not like I fail in every situation. Whenever I find something troublesome in my thoughts I just could not overwrite it to be brave or to act like brave. Thank you for letting me share my problem at least.
Even with all the high tech medical options available, a simple ice application can still be one of the more effective, proven methods to treat a sore back or neck.
Ice is typically most effective if it is applied soon after an injury occurs, or after any activity that causes pain or stiffness.
Ice can also be very helpful in alleviating postoperative pain and discomfort.
While any form of applying cold to the injured area - such as a bag of ice wrapped in a towel or a commercial ice pack - should be helpful.
I want to quit smoking but the nicotine chewing gums available in the market causes stomach acidity in me. Further I develop constipation and gas problems and causes excessive anxiety in me as i'm prone to panic attacks. Please help. I want to recover from this hazardous addiction.`
Hello! I am feeling depressed since few days and have lost interest in everything. I overthink also what should I do? M mentally disturbed alott.
My girl friend is chanting with others but not with me. When I asked" why are you do not chat with me" she replied that" I have no time to chat with you" But when I check the chanting history. I shocked. Her chanting was in hours in a romantic way with others. No pressure from side. Why she behaves like that.
I am having hairs all over my body (chest particularly, sometimes its very annoying & depressing while I wear a shirt and hairs are visible. Is there any solution to this problem either they may be removed without bleaching waxing (chemically) or something home remedy.
Bipolar disorder is a condition where the patient may go through certain periods of extreme happiness and joy which is known as mania. On the other hand, there may be other periods where the patient may be extremely sad and depressed and even suicidal.
In some individuals, these phases may last quite long whereas, in others, they may change very quickly. However, there are certain common symptoms displayed by patients with bipolar disorder. Let's look at a few of them.
- Feeling extremely happy, to the point of being careless - Certain patients, at the onset of bipolar disorder, will feel extremely happy and have their sense of judgment hampered. When patients feel very elated without proper context, or for very small reasons, it could be an indication that the person is experiencing mania.
- Feeling extremely depressed - Similarly, on the other end of the spectrum, if a person feels extremely depressed without an appropriate reason, it may be due to bipolar disorder. Also, the severity of depression and the length of time for which a person experiences it is also an indicator of the condition.
- Lack of interest in activities which formerly interested you - You may suddenly lose interest in an activity that genuinely interested you earlier. This may include your profession or hobbies.
- Loss of appetite during the depression phases - During the phases of depression or sadness, which may sometimes last for months, a person may rapidly lose weight due to lack of interest in food. Even for patients who have shorter cycles of changes lasting for only a few weeks, this will be noticeable.
- Extreme restlessness and lack of sleep during the manic phases - When the person enters a manic or happy cycle, it may trigger over enthusiasm, restlessness and lack of sleep. This, like the depression phase, will also vary from patient to patient and may continue for the entire duration of the phase. A jump from a depression cycle into this phase will be definitely noticed by others.
If a few of these symptoms are detected, then the patient should be taken to a mental health professional for appropriate treatment as soon as possible.