Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A K Mukherjee
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. A K MukherjeeYour feedback matters!
Since last two days I have pain in muscles ribs. Even problem in sitting standing walking. If I touched anywhere in abdomen reason I pained badly .why this happens?
Hi My mother is aged 59 and she is suffering from rheumatoid arthritis since from 2003. Right TKR and Left TKR has been replaced in the year 2003 and 2012 but left replaced joint has got infected. Orthopedic surgeon operated the infected knee Joint and successfully removed by installing antibiotic cement spacer. Now my mother is facing difficulty in knee movements and bending action so doctor suggested to go for revision knee replacement. Although we are ready for next surgery. Could anyone please answer what is cost of revision knee implants, which implants material provides more life. Please help in this matter Thank you.
I am 59 years old suffering with right knee pain problem for the last six- seven days and I am not in a position to fold my right leg. paracetamol- 650 is not giving much relief. Please advice me what should I do?
I'm a 28 year male. I am suffering from persistent severe- mild headache from the past 1 week. Actually I was out on a holiday and had a lot of drinking for continuous 3-4 days. Also this is happening to me for the 3rd time this year, as earlier also when I was out for holidays, this happened for like 12-15 days and back then also no medicines helped. Is this some knid of alcohol withdrawal syndrome or something else. please advice. Urgently needed.
My both knee are paining very much, as per xray between both bone it is much gap so knee replacement is required. Pl advice me.
My mom was suffering from last 4 days in pain on left knee. She can't properly walk and bend her leg. She has thyroid but the thyroid report is normal and the Uric acid report was also normal. Please give me a suggestion what is this problem? Which type of doctor can help us in this matter?
What you must know about body ache
Affecting your entire body, body ache is usually an indicator of a condition that requires your attention for the pain to stop or a reaction of your body's immune system to an infection. Understanding the symptoms and the cause of the pain is the first step towards getting the right treatment for your problem.
The causes of body ache can be any one of these:
- An increase in your body's lactic acid as a result of overused muscles (that you normally experience when you perform strenuous exercises) leads to body aches that are not severe but temporary in nature.
- Temporary body aches can also occur if you suffer from flu caused by the influenza virus and other medical conditions like fever and viral infections, among others.
- A cause of body aches can be the presence of a serious condition such as Lyme disease or pneumonia that brings about major infection affecting your entire body.
- Inflammation of body cells or damage to your body's nervous system in the form of chronic ailments like autoimmune diseases and psychiatric problems can also cause pains and aches to develop all over the body.
What can you do to manage it?
There are simple ways that you can employ to relieve your body aches based on the root cause and these are:
- If the cause of your body ache is the flu, the best way to alleviate your condition is to take a hot bath. The hot water works by eliminating the body pains you may be suffering from. Even a gentle massage can soothe the ache affecting your entire body.
- For body aches that are caused due to overused muscle, you need to apply ice packs for 2-3 weeks on the affected area to bring down the inflammation. Even the application of a heating pad can help in relieving body aches brought on by muscle soreness.
- Shoulder and neck pains can be easily prevented by performing simple exercises from time to time such as shoulder shrugs or head turns. Also, the practice of using wrist and forearm rests can reduce your chances of getting shoulder and neck aches.
- Reducing your stress levels can also help in effectively lowering the instances of body ache. From sleeping on time to meditating for about 20 minutes a day can help in lowering stress.
In case, you do not get relief from any of the suggested ways, you need to consult a qualified doctor who will guide you on the right treatment course. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!