Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. A.K. MalhotraYour feedback matters!
Is soya milk is a good source of protien? If yes then is there any limit of consumption of soya milk per day?
My cousin had severe cough and cold past few weeks. He consulted a doctor and it cured. But it has returned this week. Is it related to tuberculosis? What are the symptoms of TB?
How to cover up the disease of allergic asthma. I m suffering from last 8 year. I hope you must provide me satisfied answer.
Hi. I want you to please analyze my husband's semen analysis report. Its been 3 years to our marriage and we have not conceived yet. Doctor asked us for our initial tests. My husband had his semen analysis yesterday n we got the reports today. I after seeing it am referring to you without his knowledge. Just wanted to be sure of the happening. Below is the report Duration of abstinence: 5 days Liquefaction of time (min): 30 min Interval btw start of ejaculation and analysis before liquefaction: 10 mins Appearance : white Consistency: normal Volume: 2.5 ml Ph: 8.5 SPERM MOTILITY (%) a) rapid progression: 02% b) slow progression: 04% c) non-progressive motility: 09% d) immotile: 90% agglutination: nil Vitality: - Count/ml: 3 millions MORPHOLOGY (%) Normal: 60% ABnormal: 40% Head defects: 20% Tail defects: 10% Neck and mid piece defects: 05% Cytoplasmic droplets: 03% Headless "pinhead" 02% Pus cells: 8-10 Red blood cells: 12-15 Epithelial cells: 2-4 Misc: nil.
Hi I constantly burp all the time and after some foods some watery stuff comes back to throat and I have constant tightness which is relieved by burping this only occurs when I am stressed what tablets should I take and also should I get a endoscopy done.
I am 66 years male and frequently suffers from mouth ulcers. The problem becomes so acute that my tounge becomes red & seems like having large bowls or cuts and it becomes difficult to even drink water.
Hi Dr, I have suffered from mild cardiac stroke in Feb'15 & since then continue using Aspirin 75 mg & atorvastatin 80 mg on daily basis. Recently I have got my complete body check-up and every thing is normal. Further I had the ECG, 2D ECO & TMT done in march16 and every thing was fine. Recently I have got my ECG done last month & have no issues. In view of this I have planned to visit Tirupati Balaji by climbing the steps. Need your help is it suggest able to go by walk or not. Also Im an daily walker of around 5 kms. Need your valuable suggestions.
I am having allergic cold. I sneeze all the time, mostly when I wake up in the morning. Please suggest me something.
I have sebaceous having I am used Ayurvedic medicine but didn't any changes. Please let me know how to lose sebaceous my body.
I am 19 years old, I have been suffering from constipation since 3 yrs. I have to walk a lot before going to washroom but still satisfaction is not there. I have taken some aaryuvedik medicine but the work only 3 or 4 days after that problem is same.
Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency or EPI is also known as pancreatic deficiency, a disorder where the pancreas is unable to produce sufficient amount of enzymes that are required to digest food. The pancreatic enzymes help to break down and absorb nutrients from the food in the small intestine. So, this disease causes nutritional deficiencies.
Causes of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency :
This condition is generally caused as a complication of other diseases because EPI develops only as a result of severe damage to the pancreas. The following reasons can cause EPI:
- Inflammation of the pancreas: After surgery in the pancreas, stomach or the intestines, there may be inflammation in the pancreas as a post-surgical complication. A high content of triglyceride fat in the blood can also cause pancreatic inflammation and hinder the secretion of the enzymes.
- Chronic Pancreatitis: In this disease, the pancreatic ducts are swollen and blocked and so the digestive enzymes cannot be passed into the small intestine. This condition is often caused by a heavy consumption of alcohol.
- Cystic Fibrosis: The digestive fluids and enzymes become thick and sticky and block the passageways of the pancreas and other organs like the lungs and the kidneys. This can obstruct secretion and passage of enzymes afterwards.
- Shwachman-Bodian-Diamond syndrome or SBDS: SBDS is an autosomal recessive genetic condition where enzyme producing pancreatic cells is not formed properly. This rare disorder causes a number of associated disorders like bone marrow diseases, skeletal defects and exocrine pancreatic insufficiency.
Symptoms of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency:
Symptoms of EPI often appear in the middle stages of the disease when the process of absorption of nutrients has already been affected. The common warning signs are:
- Digestive problems like gas, diarrhea and indigestion because the food remains mostly undigested.
- Severe and frequent stomach pain in the lower abdominal region
- Greasy stools due to the excretion of undigested fat
- Rapid loss of weight and body mass due to malabsorption of nutrients
- Constantly feeling bloated and full even if you have not eaten anything
- A general sense of fatigue and exhaustion
- Excessive bleeding from small wounds because protein deficiencies hamper blood clotting
- Pain in the muscles and bones
- Increased susceptibility to infections of the body system
- Joint pain
- Abnormal swelling of the limbs or edema
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.