Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. A.k. HandaYour feedback matters!
My mother of age 59 is suffering from optic nerve swelling and doctors said that this disease is called papilledema. I want to know what it is and is this a serious problem?
I am 36 years old I want to ask suggestions for my wife she is 33 years old she is having one side Head ache last week I consult with ENT doctor he told Severe cold in head that's she is having head ache. I need solution for this how can we cure this through medicines or we have to go for surgery which one is good and without side effects for permanent solutions. Kindly give suggestions. (any possibilities we can check X-Rays or any scan we have to confirm how much the cold affected)
Multiple small patchy acute infarcts are seen in left parietal cortical and subcortical region in left mca territory.
My son aged 13 years, an autistic and epilectic patient, doctor prescribed him to take famocid 40, addwize, lamitor dt, velparine syrup to prevent seizures for 3 and 1/2 years. Please advise me how to cure completely my son forever ? pradip lahiri, siliguri, west bengal, india.
Why does a test taker need to be reevaluated if a disability (such as a learning disability, ADHD or autism spectrum disorder) is lifelong?
My mother has migrane pains once a month. We had ct scan of the head on recommendation of a moolchand doctor and nothing was found. What next can we do to reduce this frequency of pains. Her head aches and she vomits. I can't see her in pain. Please let me know what can I do to ease it.
21 male .I have sharp pain in right butt cheek ,when I move my leg suddenly ,as if the muscles are being torn apart under my skin, and numbness in my right butt cheek! Pain is only for a short moment.
I am suffering from insomnia from last 5 years as medicine have stopped working is PEMf has some hope treating insomnia.
My husband suffers from Sudo Parkinson for the past 5 years. His health is getting deteriorated fastly. But no trumeros only stiffness and speech difficult. Can you please suggest a solution. He is taking syndopa daily for the past 4 years. Thanks in advanced for your time.
My brother aged 63 years has been diagnosed with initial stages of Parkinson. Please advise if this can be cured completely and what best medicines are to be taken. He is not diabetic, B.P. is normal . He is in Bangalore.
The moment when you learn about your child being autistic can be a life changing moment for you. You might feel all the dreams and aspirations which you built around your child come crashing down on a pile of zilch. However, recent developments in this field show that you can certainly take steps to make your child more comfortable and bond well with them.
Autism related disorder usually begin before the age of 3, when the child starts encountering problems in communication and social interaction. This article tries to help you find a way to deal with an autistic child:
- Learn more about autism: Learn about autism as much as you can; a broad understanding of the causes and symptoms of the disorder can help you understand your child better. This will also enable you to respond to your child’s needs better, both physical and psychological.
- Build a strong support system: It is difficult to parent a child who is suffering from autism. Communicating and interacting with your child might be extremely difficult and problematic. In order to overcome this stress, you should have a strong support network, a support network from which you can draw your strength and logic once you have to take major life decisions for your child.
- Review your treatment options: It is advisable to start treatment immediately after the diagnosis is done. Early treatment can help better your child’s cognitive skills that can help him/her cope better with the surroundings and circumstances. The treatment options include behavioral training whereby self-help or social skills training is used to work on the child’s communication skills and behavior. Specialized therapy is another option whereby the therapies are directed at a particular aspect of the child, primarily speech or physical functioning.
- Focus on your child’s diet: Diet plays an important role in the regularization of any disease. Even in case of autism, deficiency of certain vitamins or minerals makes it very important to analyze the diet and then assess it. Consult with the doctor before making any modification to the child’s diet.
- Behavioral training: Behavioral training is an aspect of autism treatment that allows the child to adapt to various conditions. Before a child undergoes behavioral training, it is advised to assess his/her behavior, functional abilities and the environment your child belongs to. The objective of this therapy or training is to induce desired behavior and get rid of the undesirable ones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
My brother has epilepsy disease what should I do to completely reduced the disease from his life he is only 8 years old sir plse give me some suggestions.
I have been suffering from nerve weakness and sever headache problem so please give me suitable suggestions.
Carpal nerve syndrome in my right hand. Kindly suggest remedy and specialist contact details. Thanks.
In my left hand numbness started after my crt implantation. I consult nuero & concern cardiac, but no result.
I am 19years old and have migraine and is reduced but still after all the remedies I often get severe head ache on left part? How to solve this.
I am suffering from insomnia for the last 10 days. Normally I sleep 6 to 7 hours a day. But due to some unknown reasons I am facing this disorder.
Pain related sleep disruption has affected a large number of people around the globe. Statistics has it that, in India, about 25% of the population suffers from pain-related sleep deprivation. Studies call it ‘the vicious cycle of pain and sleep’ as pain affects your ability to sleep and lack of sleep makes the pain even worse.
Back pain and arthritis are examples of some common pain-related medical disorders. People with these types of chronic pains have reported persistent sleeplessness or have had immense trouble falling asleep.
The following are the primary sleep disorders associated with chronic pain:
- Insomnia: It is a medical condition that is characterized by an inability to fall asleep no matter how physically exhausted you are. Insomnia can be acute (lasting for one night to a week) or chronic (that lasts for more than 3 weeks).
- Hypersomnia: It is a condition wherein you tend to sleep excessively; in this condition, you will have trouble being awake throughout the day or can fall asleep at any point of time.
- Sleep Apnoea: This is a sleep disorder wherein breathing pauses and resumes repeatedly. Risk factors include obesity, age and gender; it is more commonly observed in men. This condition can be chronic with symptoms such as snoring loudly or feeling very tired even after one has had a night’s sleep.
- Restless leg syndrome: It is a sleep disorder wherein you continuously move your legs while sleeping. However, this condition can also cause you to move your legs even if you aren’t sleeping.
Some of the causes of sleep disorders due to chronic pain are:
- Worry and anxiety
- Sweating at night
- Depression and other mental disorders
A pain and sleep disorder should be simultaneous as both the components of it, pain and sleep, are interrelated. Some of the ways people with chronic pain can still have a good night’s sleep are:
- Limiting caffeine intake
- Abstaining from alcohol and smoking, as these disrupt the sleep cycles, thus aggravating the existing pain.
- Practicing meditation and other relaxation techniques
- Pain killers or sleeping pills can be administered, but only with the doctor’s advice.
- Hot water fomentation over painful area during night, for better sleep.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.