Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A K GuptaYour feedback matters!
Sir my 5 months baby girl looks week and she sucking her all finger all time after feeding. Can I give her any other think.
Breast milk provides essential nutrients for infants and is a mix of nutrients, which include vitamins, proteins and fat that are necessary for a baby's growth. Apart from benefitting babies, breastfeeding benefits mothers too.
Here are 4 benefits of breastfeeding:
1) Provides nutrients and protection to the baby - The best food a mother can give to her baby is her breast milk. It helps your baby to grow and develop. Breast milk is custom-made by all mothers for their own babies and, thus, contains a perfect mix of essential nutrients. Breast milk contains a mixture of protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins and minerals, which are very important for the proper growth and development of the baby. It also contains many antibodies that reduce the chance of diseases and allergies. In fact, the milk's content changes as your baby grows to keep up with the infant's needs.
2) Convenience - The milk from breasts is always safe and fresh, and is precisely of the right temperature, which what makes it a convenient food for the baby. What's more, it doesn't require heating, boiling or sterilizing as such; and can be fed to the baby anywhere, anytime.
3) Benefits mothers - According to a research, breastfeeding, to an extent, provides protection against breast and ovarian cancer. It also serves as a measure of protection against weak bones in the later part of life. Calories are required in order to produce milk. So, breastfeeding helps to gradually lose weight after pregnancy as well. Moreover, breast feeding also defers the return of menstruation for a little while.
4) Continues the special relationship between mother and child - The bond between a mother and a child strengthens due to the intimacy and the closeness involved in breastfeeding. One of the remarkable facts about this is the more a baby breastfeeds, the more milk the mother produces.
Related Tip: Why is breastfeeding so good for your baby and you?
My son is 4 years old has constipation from last 2 years. We gave him alumina 30 but after some time it is not working. Same condition he has now. He is not able to release stool. Infact it takes 3 days sometimes. please suggest some homeopathy medicine
Hi My children has some problem in passing motion for last two days i. E yesterday and today She tries to push out but it does not happens, she cries a lot while passing motion We have given her milk of magnesia one table spoon today morning but it did not worked out Also given hot water in the morning and dried grapes also given but no use. Any suggestions?
Got a girl child 3 year old with 2 problems mainly, one is pinworms, not going after taking Albendazole. She keeps complaining of anal itching. Second problem is her coughing every other month she has this cough. Vaccinations are complete. Cough does not go without medicine and sometimes nebulizer. Doctors prescribes nebulizers with corticosteroids in them. Is there any medicine that you can prescribe for both pinworms and coughing to try? Thanks.
He is 1yr old. His scrotum got shrinked. Previously it was baggy n loose but nowadays I see its shrunk all the time. Is there anything serious?
Hi, actually my cousin suffering from a very ordinery problem she is just 6 years old and she faced loss stool since 3 months and she has swelling on her body very badly now she faced fever. We consult to the doctors they said she is suffering from diarrhea and they admit her but they reveal her with in a week because she was well in hospitals but now again she faced same problem we tired to find out her problem can you suggest us that what kind of disease is it. We will thank full to you if you can help us because they are not financial healthy to consult the doctor again. Thank you.
My daughter got fever when she was vaccinated at 6 weeks and 10 weeks , but at at 14 weeks , she doesn't got any fever. Is it normal or should I need to see a doctor ?
Along with the baby, the mother also benefits physically and emotionally from breastfeeding. Due to the release of the prolactin hormones, a peaceful and nurturing sensation fills the mother.
My daughter is 4 years old. Daily she is vomiting at school. Morning she will have little bit of bournivita that's it. During snack break at school while having snack she will vomit daily. After having bournvita she will say feel like vomiting. Even I changed the drink to tea & other drinks also but same problem please suggest.
Complementary feeding / weaning should be started after 150 days of life.
Its better to start home prepared semi solids first. If you are not confident in preparing food initially you can give cerelac rice / cerelac wheat/ nestum rice etc.
Add a new food item only after trial of 3 days. I mean don't give new food everyday. Wait for any intolerance to a particular food.
Fruit juices orange, apple can be prepared at home and can be given from 7 months.
Mashed potato can be given by 7-8 months.
Egg can be give by 8-9 months. Give egg yolk initially and the egg white later.
Seasonal changes can be very exciting for most people. Each season brings with it a new set of colours and nature takes a new turn. However, for people with seasonal allergies, a seasonal change also comes with a set of allergies. From skin rashes to wheezing to breathing difficulties, the list of symptoms can be quite long. Asthma is the most common problem, and the attacks can be quite bothersome with wheezing attacks and breathing troubles.
With advancements in the field of medicine, there is a lot of relief for asthma patients. A little understanding on how asthma attacks happen will help in understanding how to control it. Asthma is an allergic reaction caused by narrowing of the airway with thick mucus, which makes breathing difficult. During an attack, the person can have a dry cough, face shortness of breath and wheezing.
Asthma is often triggered or worsened by some factors, and being aware of these can help prevent or manage an attack:
- Common allergens like pollen, mites, ticks, furs of animals, bird feathers, specific foods (peanuts, milk products, eggs, etc.) and mold spores appear during change of season.
- Environmental chemicals like cigarette smoke, car fumes, dust, etc., can also trigger an attack.
- Attacks of cold or flu can lead to an asthma attack.
- Workout during cold weather can be problematic, but exercise can also help control asthma attacks. Lung function improves sufficiently, but an exercise regime should be drawn up for the patient based on his condition.
- Stressful emotions like anger and anxiety can also lead to an attack or make it worse.
- Some medications like aspirin, beta blockers, glaucoma drops can aggravate attacks of asthma.
Once you know the triggers, here are some common measures that can help prevent and relieve the wheezing.
- The preventers reduce the inflammation in the airway tube and the swelling. While they do not provide immediate relief during an attack, using these in the long term helps avoid attacks. These are low-dose inhaled corticosteroids such as beclomethasone, fluticasone, and budesonide. Doctors would advise their usage even when there are no symptoms, as asthma attacks can be triggered when they are not taking these medications for a while. Newer drugs include leukotriene antagonists like montelukast and zafirlukast. Relievers are used for symptom relief and include Salbutamol (short acting) and Salmeterol/Formoterol (long acting). Peak flow meter may be useful in acute attacks, wherein the peak flow rates can be reduced.
A good strategy is to use preventers regularly and rely on relievers during an attack. The first one helps build resistance and so reduces the incidence of attacks. Reach out to a doctor if a severe attack ensues (lasts more than 3 hours).