Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. A.K GargYour feedback matters!
Meri Ankh me goyni (Eye Sty) hui hai jo bohut dard de rahi hai koi medices suggest karen tisri baar hui hai.
All of us agree that healthy habits are absolutely necessary for a high quality of life. It is another story that whether we put them into practice or not. These healthy habits have to be cultivated since childhood for keeping vital organs like eyes in a perfect condition. One's quality of life is closely linked to how well one see and one can take steps now to take care of one's eyes and preserve vision well into old age. Keep Your Eyesight Sharp and protect your eyesight with the five tips listed below-
- Maintain a balanced and healthy diet- It has been scientifically proven that some foods can boost eye health and delay age-related eye changes. One must include eye-boosting vitamins and minerals in diet, such as lutein and zeaxanthin, vitamin C, Vitamin E; zinc and omega-3 fatty acids to keep one's eyes in best shape. Broccoli, corn, squash, peppers, spinach and kale are the best source for zeaxanthin and lutein whereas citrus fruits, melons, tomatoes and broccoli are great source of Vitamin C. Vitamin E can be found in legumes, wheat germ, nuts and seeds while one can get zinc in found in whole grains, salmon are a great source of omega-3.
- Reduce Exposure in the sun - Sun's ultraviolet rays can increase the risk of developing cataracts, which is most common cause of age-related vision loss in adults. It is very essential to take precautions to shield one's eyes from the sun. One should wear UV protective eyewear or wide brimmed floppy hat for protection from sun.
- Quit Smoking- Smoking is not only bad for heart and lungs, it can also damage eyesight. Cigarette smokers are at greater risk of developing both macular degeneration and Glaucoma.
- Regular Exercise- Regular exercise keeps waistline trim and eyes sharp. Latest studies have shown that those who led an active lifestyle were seventy percent less likely to develop macular degeneration.
- Go for Annual Eye Examination- Regular examination of eyes can give a surprising number of clues about ones overall health. An ophthalmologist can detect a broad set of problems ranging from hypertension to diabetes by doing a thorough examination of ones eye.
One only have one pair of eyes, so it is absolutely necessary to take the proper steps to care for them. By nourishing one's body with the right foods, getting regular exercise and going in for regular eye exams, one can keep vision sharp at any age.
Hey doctor I am suffering from serious body pain. And eye pain from 9 days please help please reply fast.
I have problem in my eyes, I'm feeling tiredness and weakness from last 2 week. Please suggest what should I do?
I got my eyes too red if I go in air simultaneous during the months of dec and jan what can I do for this.
My eyes are burning when I sat continuous in front of computer. Please suggest Me some precautions to avoid these sensations?
I have not slept for almost one week now. All I have in brain is stress. I am an engineering student and with exams coming and going I always find it difficult to stay stable. Also this has led to increased anger and I have lost my patience too. My left eye is very weak and I need vitamins to make it alright. But I don't even get proper food.
I got eye lasik laser before 1 year. Now my eyes are itchy . Sometimes it feel red like tomato after itchy. What is solution ?
I am 25 year old boy and I started working at night shifts from April. And I started over time just to earn much more and after few months I realized that I was not feeling any thing in my head my brain had stopped thinking. Daily I was working what I see but I was not able to think. I felt like I my brain is dead and solutions for my work is running in my blood. And now I feel that someone is standing next to me I have heard whisperings and when I turned back no one was there. And now I am feeling headache regularly week eye sight heavy head restlessness feel sleepy all day and when I close my eyes I see some smoke images can any one help me in this please it's urgent.
Cannot able to see long distance But I have spaces after that I never see any improvement Frequently use of mobile I think its cause my eyes because his brightness Is there any tip which help to improve eyes power.
I have stye problem. I got a stye on an average of every three months since last 2 or 3 years. How to cure it. Also I get strain in my eyes while reading at night. They gone red. Please tell me some eye yoga or exercise.
Here are health tips of Childhood Squint
Hi, I'm Dr. Archana Gupta Mahajan. I'm a senior consultant at Pediatric Ophthalmology, squint at Bharti Eye Hospital. Today I'm going to talk a little bit about childhood squint. I just wanted to say this that squint as a problem is not unsymptomptable. Any child that you notice is squinting, parents should bring the child for check up as early as possible to a Pediatric Ophthalmologist.
A detail evaluation including dilated evaluation would be done and whatever treatment is needed needs to do be done. That means either glasses, it might be exercised, also timely surgery. So surgery is not something to be scared of. A squint Sergey is an extracular surgery, it’s a very simple surgery and done at the right time it is sight saving. Also under sum up in the end and say this at the moment you notice a squint in a child you should be brought it for a check up. Children should be evaluated by an Ophthalmologist before 3 years of age years or before the child goes to school.
Thank you. Any queries you can connect with me at lybrate.com or call up our hospital at Bharti Eye Hospital.