Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A.K. Ganjoo
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A.K. GanjooYour feedback matters!
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but didn't see any change. What should I do.
Dear sir, good morning please my help. Mere sarir mai niche gupt jagh daag huye. Jo ab chere mai or sarir mai felne lage hai please sir uska koi was bayen taki wo pura khtam ho or kabi Na ho Dear sir mere pet mai bar do month mai dard hota hai to altra sound bi kara liya tha usme kuch ni nikla.
I am 18 years old. There are dark circles under my eyes. I hv already checked up with doctor. They gave some creams. But the problem remains. What I should do.
Hello doctor! I have a small raised lump on my index finger of my left hand. Initially, it was very small but now it's a bit larger and painful. A few days back, it has a corrugated surface and the skin over it was easy to scratch off. Then, I had cut the dead skin over it with a nailcutter, after which it started bleeding and became more painful. Then, I left it as it is and clot formed and it again had become the same it is was earlier but with a clot inside it. Today, I again cut it pff with nailcutter and again it started bleeding. With time, it has become more painful. It's neither too large nor too small and I keep wondering what is it? How it occurred on my skin by itself?
Shingles is a type of skin infection that results in rashes on certain parts of the body. It is characterized by a single stripe of blisters that may occur on either side of the body. The varicella-zoster virus that causes chickenpox is also responsible for causing shingles. Once you have had chickenpox, the virus remains in a dormant state in the body. If the virus gets reactivated, it might cause shingles.
The symptoms of shingles are:
- You may experience sensations of numbness and burning on the affected area
- The affected area may be sensitive to touch
- Symptoms of red rashes on the body
- Blisters that are filled with fluid
- Bursting of blisters and crusting
- You may experience fever and headaches
- You may have difficulties in vision
The first symptom of shingles is the pain that results from the rash. In some cases, rashes may occur around the eyes.
Shingles is caused by the virus that is responsible for chickenpox. After lying dormant for certain period of time, the virus may get reactivated and travel through the nerve pathways on the skin. This is more likely to happen if your immunity level is somehow affected, which makes it easier for the body to get infected.
Shingles may result in certain complications in the body such as:
- Vision loss: Shingles, if present around the eyes, may lead to infections in the eye causing vision problems.
- Post herpetic neuralgia: In some cases, the pain that occurs from shingles may continue well after the infection has subsided.
- Neurological complications: Shingles may cause inflammation in various nerves, resulting in neurological disorders such as facial paralysis and balance problems.
- Infections in the skin: Shingles may also cause infections on the skin.