Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A.K. DhingraYour feedback matters!
I am 24 year old men, I have a white spot on my face, in that white spot area white beard is coming, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Pls help me.
I am 26 years old, for the past 1 week I am experiencing pain in the anus while excretion. What should I do?
Hi I am 17 years male boy I have acute appendix surgery before 5 days ago now I have to recover my stich is not removed .So doctor I am pain sensitive so is how to reduce pain while removing the stich (not stapler only twin) and what are the food I have to eat .my motion was not passed.
Bariatric Surgery is a life-saving surgery and not a cosmetic surgery as it generally is regarded. In fact, it is a gastrointestinal surgery to improve, prevent and/or treat obesity which may be life threatening. This surgery is done by laparoscopy, does not involve removal of fat from the body and the weight loss after surgery is gradual i.e. 4-5kg per month and reaches a stable level after 1-2 years of surgery. Bariatric surgery is known to be the most effective and long lasting treatment for morbid obesity and many related conditions, but now mounting evidence suggests it may be among the most effective treatments for metabolic diseases and conditions including type-2 diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and obstructive sleep apnea.
Diabetes is a gnawing problem that affects millions throughout the world. It is a disorder that if overlooked can lead to serious diseases; cardiovascular ailments, problems related to vision, kidney problems and many more. While medication tries to regulate your blood sugar levels, it is not always unfailing. Medication along with changes in your diet and lifestyle can still not improve your condition in certain cases. At times it is hard to increase the insulin production in a person's body even after administering medicines solely known for their efficacy. Such kind of diabetic patients can therefore benefit from a Bariatric surgery.
What is a Bariatric surgery?
Bariatric surgery doesn't refer to a single operative method. It involves a host of surgical procedures conducted on a person to rid him or her of obesity. Obesity in combination with diabetes can make a person's life miserable. The treatment of one can come in the way of curing the other. A diabetic patient who also suffers from obesity usually finds it hard to lose weight in spite of exercising or being on diet. Surgery comes to their rescue. This kind of surgery should be fallen back upon as the lender of last resort that is to say when other solutions have not helped. Bariatric surgery is always performed under skilled supervision. It might include reduction of the size of your stomach, removal of a portion of the stomach, or even gastric bypass surgery.
How does Bariatric surgery help reduce Diabetes?
Diabetes can be of three basic kinds;
- Type 1 diabetes in which the body produces no amount of insulin.
- Type 2 diabetes in which the body produces an insufficient amount of insulin or Gestational diabetes that pregnant women tend to contract.
Bariatric surgery proves to be very advantageous for patients of Type 2 diabetes:
- Surgery lowers blood sugar levels considerably. Research shows people with acute diabetes made huge improvements after having undergone a Bariatric surgery. Their blood sugar levels dropped by a noticeable percentage and they felt healthier. Reduced blood sugar is an almost immediate effect in some while for others it does take some time.
- Bariatric surgery exercises a control over cholesterol, blood pressure and triglyceride levels.
- The impressive benefits of this operation for a Type 2 diabetes patient are not superficial or temporary. If the patient adheres to the lifestyle prescribed by a doctor, takes medication regularly and follows the basics of post- operative care he or she is likely to remain beyond the ambit of this metabolic disorder.
- It successfully takes care of ailments resulting from diabetes.
- Bariatric surgery can eliminate the need for medication or it can reduce the dosage of medicines you take.