Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. A K ChhibberYour feedback matters!
Hey I have problem in my stomach. Sometimes it will pain very much and it is just out of control. Please do something.
If you are diabetic, know that high blood sugar level can take a severe toll on your eyes in the form of blurry vision, cataract, glaucoma and retinopathy, if left unchecked. It can even lead to partial/complete blindness in young adults. Nonetheless, a strict control over your blood sugar count would prove effective in preventing such eye complications in the long run.
How does diabetes affect the eyes?
Blurry Vision: Diabetes can cause swelling of the eye and damage to your vision. In case you are already using glasses, it might bring about fluctuations in your optical power. Once your blood sugar count gets back to the normal level; that is within the range of 70 to 130 milligrams per deciliter, your vision would be normal again; though this might take some time (about 3 months).
Cataract: Eye lens works just like a camera, helping you to focus on a particular object. Cataract is a condition wherein this lens gets clouded with debris. Nevertheless, diabetic patients are more vulnerable to cataracts as compared to others. It has to be removed with a surgery wherein an artificial lens replaces the blurry eye lens.
Glaucoma: Pressure starts building up within the eyes when fluids do not get drained out normally. This damages the nerves and blood vessels, thereby causing vision loss, blurred vision, watery eyes and headaches. Generally, glaucoma can be cured with laser, surgery, eye drops or medicines. Medications do help in alleviating eye pressure, reducing excessive fluid production and facilitating drainage. Having said that, diabetics are likely to develop neovascular glaucoma, a rare complication wherein new blood vessels form on the iris (the ring-shaped colored region in the eye), obstructing the normal fluid flow and further increasing the eye pressure.
Diabetic Retinopathy: The retina is a cluster of cells behind the eyes that absorb light and converts them into images which are then transmitted to the brain through the optic nerve. High blood sugar levels damage the tiny blood vessels of the retina, leading to a condition called Diabetic retinopathy.
The stages of diabetic retinopathy
The retina requires a constant blood supply via a network of small blood vessels. In due course of time, a high blood sugar count might damage those blood vessels; primarily across three stages:
Background Retinopathy: This is a condition wherein tiny lumps develop in your blood vessels, causing slight bleeding that usually does not affect your eye sight.
Pre-proliferative Retinopathy: This is a condition characterized by significant bleeding from the eyes as a result of the blood vessels being severely affected.
Proliferative Retinopathy: Proliferative retinopathy is a condition wherein new blood vessels and scar tissues that bleed easily develop on the retina, leading to vision loss.
Are you at risk?
The risks of Diabetic retinopathy increase if one is suffering from diabetes. Apart from this, certain other factors could also aggravate the chances of this disorder:
Rise or fall in blood sugar
Rise in the blood pressure level
Excessive consumption of tobacco
When should you call a doctor?
When you experience spots in your vision
In case of blurred and fluctuating vision
Impaired color vision
Sudden loss of vision
Redness and pain in the eyes
These signs serve as an early wake up call. However, it’s not mandatory for these signs to indicate towards diabetic retinopathy.
How to protect your eyes from diabetes and keep them healthy?
Get your eyes checked periodically and try and maintain a steady blood sugar count.
Take the prescribed medicines on time.
Try to achieve and then maintain optimal weight levels.
Avoid a sedentary lifestyle and engage in some sort of physical activity.
Control your cholesterol levels by picking the right kind of foods.
Abstain from smoking and limit alcohol consumption.
Opt for a healthy diet comprising of green and leafy vegetables, oily fish, tuna, salmon; protein rich foods such as beans, nuts and eggs; citrus fruits such as oranges; pork and oysters.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I'm student. Due to more work and study I do study and work in night till 2-3 pm. Due to that when I wake ups at morning I feel very nervous and not fresh. Also my more work is related with mobile and laptop. My eyes and head also problem due to this I have headache also. What should I do to live a good and fresh life?
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
What Can Be The Best Treatment For Pre Ejalucation.. I Can't Last More Than A 15seconds After Intercourse.. I Can't Get Pleasure In Having Sex.. What Should I Do Now..?...!
Hello doctor I have a slightly pain in my tummy nd breast too but can't find I might pregnant becoz I get blood shells while urine.
Hello Doctor, I am a girl of 25 yrs old. I am facing hair fall. I am taking medicine as prescribed by doctors i.e. xtin forte and using minitop. But there are no results and I am afraid of using minitop as it is for men. Should I continue with it or consult some other Doctor. Is there any side effect of minitop. Will this medicine will be effective. I am using it since 15 days. please suggest?
I am facing gas problem a long time and now a days my left hand soldier are paining so what should I do give me any ayurvedic solution.
Sagging skin can come about due to sudden and drastic weight loss, as well as the advancement of age. The supple quality of the skin is gradually lost to age as the skin becomes less firm and tight and begins to sag in certain areas. The skin loses collagen and elasticity which holds the connective tissue together, as we lose weight and begin to age. Also, constant exposure to harsh weather conditions including extreme heat or cold can make the skin sag. Further, sagging skin can also point towards poor lifestyle choices. All this makes the skin appear less firm.
So how can you fix sagging skin? Read on to know more:
- Smoking and Alcohol: Excessive alcohol consumption and smoking can lead to a dramatic change in your overall looks. One of the foremost ways in which these habits show up is with sagging skin. So it would be a good idea to eliminate smoking and excessive, daily drinking from the menu so that your skin remains younger looking and firmer in the long run. These habits can also make your skin age before time, apart from the other health repercussions.
- Moisturise: Dryness is also a major factor that leads to aging skin. You can switch to a moisturiser that has Vitamin A and C as well as other ingredients like alpha hydroxyl acid, which can make the skin look much younger. These kinds of moisturisers helping in replacing some of the lost collagen as they provide nutrients to let the skin breathe and tighten.
- Supplements: Taking vitamin supplements is also a good way to ensure that the skin becomes tighter. Vitamins like A, E and C are of paramount importance for the skin and these nutrients can make the skin shine with good health. So, you can ask your doctor about taking these supplements in order to make the skin appear tighter.
- Cosmetic Procedures: Injectables like Botox and fillers, as well as laser and other methods used to make the skin smooth, can also make it appear tighter and more firm. You can also go through a minor surgery to remove the sagging skin if there is a notable amount that seems to be dripping down.
- Exercise: Regular facial and body exercises will help in gradually toning the body, which will make the skin more firm as well. This is especially important if you have recently lost a whole lot of weight and are suffering from sagging skin. There are many ways to improve the quality of the skin and diet and exercise are the first steps.
How much does scaling of teeth cost at a govt hospital? What will be the approx rate at private clinic.
Hi, I want to reduce weight from sides from the stomach area. M exercising from almost a month but my weight is not reducing. Though it hS stopped increasing but its not reducing inspite of dieting and 1 or 2 hours workout everyday except Sundays. kindly guide me in this matter.
Often massage your teeth with baking soda (food grade). This helps to reduce acid environment of mouth and keep teeth protected, clean and shiny.