Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. A K BharatYour feedback matters!
Hi i am having Headache. Vomiting.cough, dizziness,weakness, fatigue,,seizures, problem in balancing, vision problem .tingling, anxiety,depression Please help
When the male reproductive part accumulates fibrous scar tissue, it results in an erection that is curved and pain.ul, which is known as Peyronie's Disease. While a man’s penis varies in size, a bend in erection doesn’t necessarily indicate any reason for worry. However, Peyronie's Disease causes an erection that is significantly bent and causes pain. This condition can hinder sex life as the erection does not last for an adequate amount of time. It can also result in distress and anxiety. For few percentages of men, the Peyronie's Disease can disappear without having to do anything, for others it requires medical assistance to get a permanent cure.
What are the symptoms of Peyronie's Disease?
The symptoms and signs of this disease can build up gradually or might suddenly appear in an individual. Some of the common symptoms are as follows:
- Scar tissue: As a result of the accumulation of the scar tissue, a lump or hard tissue can be felt under the skin
- Penis size: Penis can become shorter when a person is facing from this disease
- Erection problems: The erection might not last as long as it should
- Penis bent: The penis might bend significantly at an angle
- Pain: There could be a significant pain while erection. As days go by, the pain becomes worse.
Causes of Peyronie's disease?
While the exact cause of Peyronie's disease is not known, researchers indicate a variety of factors for this condition:
- A repeated penis injury from athletic activity, accident, trauma and damage resulting from sex
- If in the process of healing, the scar tissue forms a lump
- The improper functioning of corpus cavernosum
- In few cases, this disease can occur normally without the involvement of any accident or injury
What are the risk factors?
There could be various factors that put a person at risk of facing this disease:
- Heredity: If someone in the immediate family is facing this disease, it puts a person at increased risk of facing Peyronie's disease due to heredity.
- Age: With age, the risk potential of this disease increases since the tissue tends to become softer.
- Disorder of the connective tissue: People suffering from connective tissue disorder are at a higher risk of getting this disease. It is often observed that a person who has been diagnosed with Peyronie's Disease often suffers from a connective tissue disorder known as Dupuytren's contracture.
Diagnosis and treatment:
A physical exam gives a doctor possible indication about the disease. The patient may be asked to bring the photographs of the penis in erect condition to get an idea about the curvature degree and scar tissue location. He might also prescribe an ultrasonography. The medication depends on the stage of diagnosis. In the early stage, a doctor might recommend a wait and watch approach. He might also prescribe medication to minimize the pain and remove the scar tissue. If medication fails one might have to go undergo a surgery to get a permanent cure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Hello sir I am SADIQ Hussain 34 year old. I am suffering joint pain since 4 year. Because of my uric acid. My uric acid level always high to normal. I tried so many home remedies but relief only for small time. Then problem start again. Please help me sir.
I am 46 years diabetic female I have legs pain problem in few days when I do any work standing in kitchen nd others. My periods are irregular this time.
Dr. I am having itching between my thighs. I am 21 year old. It have been started for more than 2 weeks and it still continuous. There is some red round round area. I have tried many ointments such as itch guard, betnovate n and washed these areas with salt water then also there is not much improvement. If Dr. can prescribe me a good medicine then I will be very thankful for the action.
I have fever cold cough what should I do to reduce do what can I do precautions for the good person.
I am having frequent fatigue. My joints usually hurt. I have less appetite. Almost all my joints hurt. I don't know What's my problem. My heels hurt always that I can't stand long anywhere.
Respected Doctor, My b12 level around 200. Is methylcobalamin 500 mcg only once a day enough for me.
Moving out in hot Sun ? Don't forget to drink a glass or two of cold water. The network of blood vessels in our body acts just like a radiator works in a car to keep the engine cool. The radiator needs water or coolant which is kept circulating around the engine for taking away the heat. Similarly enough cold water entering the circulation takes the core heat of the body to a surface and allows enough evaporation and sweating for losing heat. In this way, the external heat is prevented from entering the body and causing heat stroke.