Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. A JyotsnaYour feedback matters!
Heavy or prolonged bleeding during menses is medically known as 'menorrhagia'. It is more common as you approach menopause but can occur at any age. The bleeding has to be severe enough to interfere with your daily activities.
The cause could be hormonal, pregnancy complications, bleeding disorder or a structural lesion like a fibroid, polyp, endometriosis or adenomyosis.
In advanced age cancer of the uterus or cervix has to be ruled out.
Symptoms of heavy periods
- soaking a pad or tampon every 2-3 hrs or less in a day
- passage large blood clots during menstruation
- your period lasts more than seven days
- you become anemic due to excessive blood loss
How to manage excessive bleeding
1. Maintain a record of the no of days and pattern of heavy bleeding.
2. Increase your intake of fluids and salt
You should increase your intake of fluids and especially salty fluids during heavy menstruation. You can have vegetable juices like tomato juice as well as salty broths during such times. This will help you especially when your blood volume goes down (which is characterized by dizziness or pounding of heart) when you get up after lying down. Your body would need more than four to six cups on such a day.
3. Increase the intake of iron
Increase your iron intake through natural sources like green vegetables, egg yolks, red meat, liver and dried fruits like raisins and prunes. You can also start an iron tablet once a day for faster recovery from anemia
4. Visit your gynecologist
A good history, few blood tests, and a simple ultrasound generally leads to the diagnosis. Sometimes a biopsy is required to rule out cancer. Multiple new drugs have been added in the last few years which have avoided the need for surgery
An early diagnosis ends up with better results. Hence, it is important to act early. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am having extreme itching in vagina - vulva since 4-5 months tried everything for yeast infection not going, not able to tolerate, it has become sore and painful.
Sir maine meri wife ke sath 7.6.17 ko sex kiya tha or unke period 18 ko aane the or aaj 27 h ab tk nhi aaye or hamne 4 bar prega news se test bhi kiya h result negative aaya h ji Sir please help me.
Me and my wife had unprotected sex on 28 Oct 16. My wife's date was on 30 Oct 16 she was taking HCG medicine. After unprotected sex on 29 she took unwanted 72. Still she does not have date. Shall we go for pregnancy taste. Is she pregnant or not please tell?
Are you suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome and are looking for an ideal remedy? Polycystic ovarian disease or PCOD is a common female health condition. It is a complex disorder and involves several factors which include insulin resistance, obesity, irregular menstrual bleeding, insufficient ovum production, and abnormal menstrual cycles. PCOD commonly occurs during the reproductive age of a woman and accounts for being a major cause of infertility.
According to Ayurvedic principles, PCOD occurs primarily due to the imbalance state of your doshas. The dosha vaishanmya is linked to the symptoms of PCOD, and the relationship between the doshas and lakshans is permanent.
PCOD is associated with stri beeja and rajah formation, along with medhodhantu to some extent. These should be attended to while the condition is being treated. The Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD aims at providing ideal care by correction of the ama dosha. By this, you achieve koshta shuddi, which in turn regularizes your tridoshas. The way or approach towards Ayurvedic treatment for PCOD includes the following:
- Treatment of agnimandya at both dhatwagni and jataragni levels.
- The alleviation of sroto avarodha is an essential part of PCOD treatment using Ayurveda. You should undertake purificatory therapies which are based on the grade of your doshic vitialation, and the exact area of affliction. These should be followed by rasayana drugs, which are free radical scavenging agents.
- The regularization of the apana Vata is essential as well. You must firmly avoid vihara and kaphkara ahara.
- Yoga and meditation are very important for the Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD. You should perform yoga asanas regularly. Some of the ideal postures for PCOD management include sarvangasana, matyasana, and shavasana.
- It is also very important for you to work out regularly, undertake different physical exercises. This will make your overall life much healthier.
- You must follow a healthy, balanced diet regularly, which should consist of fresh vegetables and fruits.
Ayurvedic herbs for the treatment of PCOD
- The varuna crataeva nurvala is an effective herb which helps in the clearance of channels, which reduces your cyst’s size.
- You can try hareetaki because of its amazing laxative effects, which reduce the morbidity of your body.
- Bilva or aegle marmelos heps in reducing the size of your growth, via its digestive effect.
- Strotasshuddhi is required and herbs likes Punarnava, kaphhar medicines are advised.
- Phytooestrogen sources and female tonic Shatavari is very much advised.
- Agnimantha, similar to lions. Lake er dhareyjata
- Guduchi is another effective remedy for PCOD and has a rejuvenating effect.
- Kanchnar is the drug of choice for Thyroid as per AYURVEDA, Strotasshuddhi is done by using Trikatu, Punarnava and other medicines. Rasayan like Shatavari are advised for enhancing female hormones.
If you are experiencing any symptom of PCOD, it is recommended for you to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner. This ensures that proper diagnosis is undertaken so that you can start treating the condition as early as possible.
Hello, I am deepak my friend and her wife did sex just after her periods over a day but they use precaution pill like unwanted 72. After five days their is a bleeding in her vagina. Is it sign of pregnancy or just be a normal period bleeding. Please advice me the right suggestion. Thank you.
Hi my fiance is 20 n i am very fond of her breast how milk will cum in her breast before getting pregnant n is it good that she vl feed me.
In ivf for 10 eggs collection how many injections are given what gap any side effect from this injection please. Tells me.
Agar 9 month mei movement kam ho means ho rhi h movement but kafi distance hour pr. Jaise subah hui phr dophr mei hui. Nd mujhe bhook bhi ni lg rhi h like b4.
I have periods problem? It only bleeds for two days and minimum it should bleed for 5 days? Is there any problem if it is bleeding for 2 days, *
I was meant to come on 5 days ago doctors told me to test again in a week that would of been 3 weeks what if I am pregnant and don't no as I no when a bloke comes in a girl they become pregnant can't get pregnant of bloke don't come in a girl so I must be I feel tired all time even after long sleep breasts bit sore and haven't come on yet.
I am 36 old unmarried girl with diabetic. Mujhe ye janana hai ki after marriage mujhe pregnancy me kya kya problems a sakti hai.
Myth: pills cause infertility (problem in conceiving) after it is stopped.
Fact: research has shown that even after use for 5 years women have not had any delay in conceiving
Myth: pills are used only for contraception
Fact: pills offer many benefits in addition to protection against unplanned pregnancy like less heavy bleeding, therefore less anaemia, regular bleeding the timing of which can be controlled, fewer symptoms reduction in pelvic inflammatory disease, and acne especially with modern progestin.
I had phone sex with my boyfriend after that my periods were not regular. Before doing phone sex my periods were of 1nce in a month but now 3 months r going But there are no periods in these 3 months. And also when my sperm come out I got pain in my abdomen Please tell me is there any problem. If it is then what is the solution.
If you need a remedy for itching, try the following natural cures:
Sufferers of chronic itchy skin should seek medical attention to rule out any underlying cause or disease. Typically, health care professionals will treat itchy skin with hydrocortisone cream or, in some cases, prednisone steroids. If you need help finding an effective herbal or organic remedy, a physician practicing holistic medicine may be a suitable match to treat your itching skin.
Coconut oil/lemon juice:
A mixture of equal parts coconut oil and lemon juice is believed to reduce inflammation and remedy itch. For ease of application, fill a spray bottle with the mixture and apply liberally as needed.
Oatmeal is one of the most popular natural remedies to relieve itching. Add two cups of uncooked oatmeal to warm bathwater and soak for 15-20 minutes.
Any topical rub containing menthol, such as vick's topical
Vaporub will immediately help an itch subside.
Aloe vera gel:
A natural cure-all, aloe vera gel can be applied liberally as needed to itchy skin, it will naturally soften and cool the tender skin.
Baking soda is a useful and effective home remedy for itching. To make a baking soda paste, mix together baking soda and water to desired consistency, and rub on affected areas as needed to treat an itch.