Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A. D. SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am 38 years female suffering fro knee pain in left knee after x raya report there is starting stage of osteo probelem please advise me medicine
My wife, is not interested in sex, she has back pain after pregnancy, also her vagina opening is very tight, pls advice, as its very frustrating and feel very very upset, and due to her this nature, its effecting in my work also? She is a working lady.
3days ago my mother had a operation of the uterus which is coming Outside someday before. The operation was done by laparoscopy method but the problem is she has a pain on her shoulder and in her neck whenever she sits straight from today morning & when she sleep on the bed there is no pain. Only when she sits there is pain which she can't bear & want to lay on the bed. Sir please give me solution what's the reason for the pain & what should I do to reduce her pain.
I am 30 years old guy. I feeling pain in left knee since last 9 months. Although I have consult doctor but I don't get rid from it.
I am 33 years old male and I am feeling some pain in my legs and fingers. Sometimes it ia very painful. And I am feeing some pain in shoulders too. Please help me.
I am 59 years old. In hip joint blood clocked. I have taken medicine in 1988 for a six months. After that nearly 8 to 10 years I have no pain. Nowadays once/twice in a month pain is coming. I am not taking any medicians.
I am 40 yrs old I had l4, l5 problem means like a butterfly shape is there, but last year summer ending I face a problem of knee to foot and elbow to fingers burning sensation is there, at that time I met one Dr. He given a simple medication means daily one tab of nuerobeian and daily morning and evening 30 mins walking with belt after that I relive that pain now means after one year I facing same problem and one more thing when I wear the belt after that my total body is shivering and motion sensation is there means some times coming some times may not total body is dehydrogenation feeling is there please kindly give me a best suggestion thanking you.
Chronic back pain may occur due to a variety of reasons. Sometimes, it may be due to conditions like osteoporosis or arthritis and at other times, it may be due to an injury or a slip disc caused by such an injury. Injuries to the spinal cord can also trigger chronic back pain. There are numerous ways of dealing with chronic back pain, which may be debilitating, if not treated properly.
10 ways of managing this pain.
- Medication: One of the ways of managing chronic back pain is with the help of anti-inflammatory drugs as well as pain killers like ibuprofen. However, do keep in mind that these medicines must be consumed only if they are prescribed by the doctor. Anticonvulsants and anti-depressants can also help in preventing pain that emanates from the nerves of the region.
- Surgery: Surgery can be done by the doctors in case the pain is extreme and severe. This kind of surgery usually aims at implanting devices and tools that can support the slipped disc, which may cause pinched nerves.
- Electrotherapy: This kind of therapy can help in reducing pain by releasing low-voltage electric stimulation that helps in dealing with the sensory nervous system.
- Exercises: Muscle strengthening exercises will help in a better balance. Also, other physiotherapy exercises can help in reducing back pain significantly by targeting the points that create pain and by pinching of the nerves.
- Relaxation techniques: There are a number of relaxation techniques that one can turn to so as to reduce the pain. This pain can also be managed with the help of meditation and breathing exercises, which can serve as an alternative means of treatment.
- Rest: With proper rest, one can do away with chronic pain. Yet, if it is a nerve-based issue, then the doctor may ask you not too lie down for long stretches and to walk regularly so that inflammation and pain does not set in.
- Heat: Heat therapy or heat compresses as well as hot water bags can be used for pain relief.
- Prolotherapy: In this method, an irritant solution is injected into the back so as to stimulate better blood circulation. This process also aids in faster ligament repair.
- Opioid fusion pump installation: These pumps are surgically implanted so that opioid agents are delivered straight to the spinal cord, which can treat and manage chronic back pain.
- Injections: These are usually considered as blocks that deliver steroids to the ligaments and joints. Also, one may have to take corticosteroid injections in order to deal with a very painful case. These epidural injections are usually best for temporary relief. One will need more long term treatment or management methods in order to effectively deal with and reduce pain.