Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. A. D. SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am 52 yrs. Getting pain in right shoulder & arms while moving upward since 3 months. Taking homeopath but no response.
I have knee pain last three weeks what can I do I play kabbadi game last three weeks please help me.
I am 45 years old having thyroid problem, I have flat foot and bone enlargement in both the feet at the bottom of feet. doctor has told me to operate me for bone enlargement please suggest me whether operation will be suitable for me or not.
Fever ,cold, body temperature low and back pain chest pain, neck pain, weight loss, headache. Long time sleeping, CBC test normal. Please can you help me sir please doctor.
I am 32 years age male. I am having shoulder pain from last few month. I am experiencing pain every time I move my hand, shoulder. I cannot do push up or pull ups. I am thinking may be it is a ligament cut off. I do not have pain when no movement. I have used ice bag and had couple of pain killers initially. Now I am not using any medicines. Please let me know if there is any medicine to heal this. Thank you.
I am suffering from pain on my left side shoulders, lower back, neck and some what in left leg. My age is 17 (teenager) please help me out to, deal with it as I think too much for the same.
Good Morning Sir/Mam, Myself Ravindra aged 46.3 days back for the first time i've undergone Sugar and Serum Bilirubin test. Sugar-112 (F) and 143 (PP. Bilirubin-2.4. Could you suggest me any precautions? Thank you.
My mother was suffering from chondrosarcoma in right femur bone. Doctor do limb salvage surgery. I want to know when she will be able to move and is she will be able to move like the way she did before?
I have disc bulges at C4-C5 and C5-C6 levels. I have severe pain in my left mid arm between shoulder and knee. It is very painful to hold something with my hand. I saw a neurologist, he gave me medicines but they hadn't helped me. I want to know what could be the Problem? Thanks in advance.
I have got a swollen knee, didn't pay much attention before, but now feel a little pain while sitting down.
Sir, my mother is 50 years old. She has backache due to disc problem. She haa been used more medicine since a ten year.
I have backbone pain at the end of back bone. May be nero problem. I am unable to sit more than half an hour. Pain not severe. Tolerable pain. How to get rid of the problem?
Yesterday in gym I got muscle pull in my neck and right shoulder. Since then, I am hav excruciating pain if I try to move my neck or shoulder to a certain angle. I took Cronin pain relief in afternoon but no effect. Aftr dinr took a Muscle relaxant but to no effect. Took one more an hr ago still no effect. What to do?
I m having cough and cold and back body pain from the last fifteen days. What should I do to get relief from the pain as well as cold?
My mom is a diabetic patient and before 3 months she have pain neck area to arm to palm ,not regular pain but 1 day after 2 day she have Shiver pain what I do.
I am 33 years old male, on January while playing cricket my left knee twist I applied ointment an also tablet but haven't got relief so in this can I do 7 mints workout exercise.
Fibromyalgia is a condition characterised by chronic widespread body pains and increased responsiveness to pressure. Women are at a higher risk of suffering from this disorder than men. Fibromyalgia can be treated with physiotherapy, pharmacotherapy and combined efforts of physician and the patient.
Some of the symptoms that characterize this disorder are:
- Pain: Fibromyalgia is characterized by pain that has no apparent reason. It can affect different parts of the body and presents itself in different ways. Some people may experience a stabbing pain while others complain of a persistent dull ache. This pain may be affected by climate changes or stressful situations. There is reduced threshold to pain, because of certain chemical ( neurotransmitters) abnormalities in brain. Pain is generalized, felt above and below the waist, right and left-side of body, arms, legs, neck and back.
- Abnormal Sensitivity: Fibromyalgia patients are extremely sensitive to environmental changes that involve sight, sound and smell. For example, cigarette smoke can make a fibromyalgia patient extremely nauseous while loud music can give the person an instant headache. Lights that are brighter than normal can also make such a person feel uncomfortable. Patients have an abnormal sensitivity to pain, which leads to generalized aching of the body and tender points.
- Muscle & Joint Stiffness: Fibromyalgia patients often experience stiff muscles and joints without any form of strenuous activity or other reason. This may be localised to one group of muscles or affect the whole body. For some patients, this pain is worse in the morning or when sitting for extended periods of time. However, moving around does not provide any significant relief.
- Chronic Fatigue and Exhaustion: There are two main reasons for a Fibromyalgia patient to complain of tiredness. Firstly, the condition itself drains a person of energy even without overexerting themselves. Secondly, the pain and joint stiffness can hamper a person’s sleep and lead to sleep deprivation. Over time, this can become a vicious cycle of tiredness and insomnia. Chronic fatigue also affects a person’s immune system causing his or her energy levels to drop.
- Cognitive Impairments: Fibromyalgia patients also complain of a compromised short term memory. They often face difficulties recalling names of people they have recently met or other newly acquired information. These people may also have trouble concentrating on tasks for extended periods of time and experience mental sluggishness also known as fibro-fog.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Bowel disturbance is another common symptom of this disease. Passing stool may become difficult due to a combination of pain and muscle stiffness. With time, this problem can worsen unless addressed with laxatives. However, an over-dependence on laxatives can lead to further problems.
Apart from pain, patient experiences unrefreshing sleep and fatigue throughout the day. Other associated features can be depression, abdominal cramps, chest pain, tingling.
Lab Tests: Fibromyalgia is a clinical diagnosis. There are no definite laboratory tests. In fact, most conducted tests will turn out to be normal.
Treatment: Foremost important is an education of patient and caregivers, regarding nature of the disease. The patient needs to indulge in recreational activities and undergo supervised physiotherapy. There are potent medicines to correct the chemical imbalance in the body thereby increasing the pain threshold and leading to better quality of life. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a rheumatologist and ask a free question.