Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. A. BhattacharyaYour feedback matters!
He had injury with an accident of left leg the thumb of left leg has no feeling touching also? So what should we do?
Hi myself neetu .since 2 years I am suffering from pain in my right hand .it starts from neck and goes till my fingers including shoulder. It's kind of numbing and constantly. It's nt dere while movement of hand. Had numerous medicines. But not any long lasting effect. Wat I should do.
I am 67 years old and have under control levels diabetic, cholesterol and b. P. Some months back I had mild giddiness when I tilted my head downwards. Doctor prescribed medicine like stemmatil mild dose and dvised it due to old age when enough blood may not be going to brain and advised caution as the best cure to avoid downward jerks to head. Please give me second opinion and would you suggest a brain scan to know more.
My sister age is about 55 years. She has got problem in morning hand shivering, weakness. We had done almost all test. All are normal had b12 injection. Take all medicine. But its not after few hours in morning it will all right. Now what to do.
I get headaches on one side of the forehead at a time, I don't understand whether this is sinusitis or migraine?
Hi Doctor, My Age is 24 years and I am 6 feet tall and weight is 58 kgs. My body and hand shivers a lot when ever I get angry . Sometimes my hand shiver a lot when I hold glass from one hand in front of many people. Also when I meet people for the first time. Please suggest me some medicine and exercise.
I am 37 old and married from last 6 years. I had PME issues which was identified and addressed post marriage. Now post second kid (5 months back) I am experiencing the same issue with same intensity (can do 5 to 8 stocks). I am also having some epilepsy disorder.
Hello doctor, my father is having diabetes, hypertension and insomnia. He is taking pregeb m, clonazepam,impramine, glinam M and amlip AT regularly. BT we r worried about the complications of these conditions and side effects of these drugs. He also feel so much loneliness. What precautions we should take to protect him from complications. That can occur in future. please suggest something to maintain his health on primary stage only. And he also have fungal infection on his lips.
Sir, i'm 50 years old male, feeling numbness in hands and pain on top of head, cervical problem too. Help me please.
Sir, My age is 50 and I am having problem of cervical. Doctor said cervical nerve is somewhat blocked. Now I am getting jerks in left shoulder for 20-30 minutes. Then it stops. Again it get start after 2-3 hours. Please help. Tell what to do. Or tell home remedy to stop this. Or tell ayurvedic remedy? Please help.
You don't have sleep in the night? Y do I have the cramps when slep pulling sensation and fear y? And treatment for insomnia? Doctor please help me.
My daughter suffered from migraine attack[severe pain in head. Head means just upper side of right ear. Ear also paining. Give some curved medicine.
Neurological disorders may creep in due to many reasons. It may be due to degenerative diseases, accidents, other health conditions, birth defects or genetics. The most common form of disorder occurs due to non-functional brain cells in some parts, and loss of myelin sheath in neurons, which protects the nerve signals in their complete transfer from origin to destination. These losses are irreparable, but further degeneration can be avoided with Ayurveda. Panchakarma, the branch of Ayurveda, which deals with detoxification of the body and mind, specially helps. Over a period of time, it can bring back the lost sensation in nerves. Yoga, pranayama and Ayurvedic treatments lead to recovery and relief to a huge extent.
Important facts about Panchakarma
There are 3 important steps in Panchakarma, which are followed one after another to get the result. The main objective of Panchakarma is to detoxify the body. Virechanam, vamanam, sneha vasti, nasyam and kashaya vasti are the 5 folds in Panchakarma.
- Poorvakarma or preparing the body, followed by Abhyangam or massage, followed by Elakizhi or herbal paste massage, and finally podikizhi, or steam bathing makes the body ready for receiving further treatments.
- Njavara Kizhi is the special treatment done in Panchakarma where the body is given a rice bolus massage to improve the joint and neuro functions.
What is Njavara Kizhi?
Njavara is a variety of rice, which is specially used for Ayurvedic treatment and massages. In this treatment the rice is made into a pudding by boiling it with milk. This pudding is then made into boluses. The boluses are filled in muslin cloth, and then using these muslin bolus dabs, the whole body of the patient is massaged. This full-body massage has excellent effects on neurological and joint functions. The deep tissues within the body are rejuvenated. The treatment is carried on for 45 minutes to 60 minutes by therapists or experts. Another form of the treatment requires the rice to be made into a paste, and then the paste is applied all over the body. But this is more preferred for beautification.
Other effective therapies
Siro Vasti, Kati Vasti, Ela Kizhi and Nasyam are all different forms of Panchakarma treatment, which detoxify the body and mind and rejuvenate the body and nerve functions. But these treatments cannot be conducted on the body on your own. You need a masseur who must be a specialist in Ayurveda to do this for you. Hence contacting Ayurvedic doctors or experts would be the best to start the treatment.
I have wrist pain almost from 3 months. I consult a Ortho doctor and I took exray for wrist and he said there no damage in my wrist area bone. And I am biker I almost did not drive for three months. Recently, I started driving now again I am feeling same pain in wrist. Please which doctor I should consult, I was thinking for neurology. Please advise.
My she friend is of age 37. She was having headaches from more than a year. With headaches she also felt nausea. We consulted a doctor and he identified it as a migraine, but he also suggested us to to CT-SCAN. So we did that and in report apart from every thing normal, we got "Impression: Mild Senile cerebral Atrophy" I want to know is it related to headaches she was having and what should be the next step and how dangerous it is?
I am suffering from migraine due to this migraine I regularly feel very down I can not bear anything some doctors tell me that stress is a main reason of migraine. What should I do?
When I was trying to stand I am getting shivering in whole body not only when standing periodically too.
Children should be brought up with utmost care. A child should not be your centre of attraction only because it is incapable to fend for itself, but also because it is not half as aware as you are or could be about its problems. Parents punish their children for the slightest of their mistakes; they at times even threaten children to bring home a lesson. Patience and observation are two key things in good parenting. The foibles of your child might indicate at an underlying medical condition. Instead of fixating over the mistakes try and locate the root cause. Early diagnosis of autism can save your child from a bleak future.
The following are a few symptoms of autism in children:
- Social interaction is a huge challenge: Children suffering from autism are usually noticed to live in a world of their own. They hardly listen to people around them or hardly talk. The presence of many people can scare them or make them conscious. When spoken to, they look away. They do not feel comfortable in revealing their joys or fears. Autistic children like to play alone; they are not interested in group activities with friends.
- Difficulties in communicating their needs: Communication is the biggest problem autistic children seem to face regularly. They are not able to express their needs and emotions. If they are hungry they might scream or break things but not ask for food. They even fail to comprehend instructions and seem confounded by simple situations. Their speech could comprise of mumbling. Autism in children could make them develop a condition popularly known as echolalia under the effect of which they mouth words without knowing their meanings in an extremely strange tone.
- An obsessive, repetitive behavior: Children with autism could be persistent in some of their actions. Their body gestures could be repetitive; for instance, they can continue flapping their arms for hours together. Children in certain cases are also very particular about routine. Quite strikingly, objects affect them and they might scrutinize an object meticulously.
- Sensory problems: Light sound and touch can have a huge impact on children suffering from autism. Patches of light and shade intrigue them whereas high pitched sounds could depress or intimidate them. They usually prefer deep pressure touch and might not respond to anything else.