Corn Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Polishing Treatment
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Cutaneous Fillers Treatment
Small Dermatologic Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Submit a review for The Skin CentreYour feedback matters!
I have a doubt. Is the acne scar are removed completely by using any medicine, if it is yes. Than tell me that medicine.
I have dark eye circles .I tried number of treatments but are of no use. Please tell me a permanent recovery for this problem.
I have small white colored patches or pimples like on my upper chest from so many years. What are these and are they harmful. It seems they keep on multiplying. Help me plz.
Darunak or commonly known as dandruff, is a disorder that affects the scalp. Dandruff causes white, dry flakes of dead skin cells to shed from the scalp. Although dandruff rarely causes baldness and hair loss, the itchiness of this condition may most certainly be a cause of concern. If white flakes persist for a long time, the person may experience symptoms of seborrhea, psoriasis, or eczema. According to Ayurveda, Darunak is a Vatakapha predominant tridoshaj disease. According to Acharya ‘Sushrut’, Madhav’ and Yogratnakar’, Darunak have symptoms like Itching, White scales like structures, Dryness in the scalp. Along with aforesaid symptoms of Acharya Vagbhatta also considered Hair loss and Numbness of scalp. The Adhisthan (place of origin) of this disease is the keshbhumi (Scalp).
Over time, proponents of Ayurveda have conducted various researches on this disease, trying to find out an effective solution when it comes to dandruff related problems.
Prolonged Treatment for Wet or Oily dandruff:
The scalp skin produces sebum (Kapha), which is an oily substance. This sebum helps in keeping your scalp and hair hydrated. It is a natural process, without which your hair may turn dry and frizzy. However, when this sebum (kapha) is over produced due to certain reasons, you may suffer from problems of the scalp. Over production of sebum (kapha) causes oily scales to appear on the scalp, which may cause severe itching and may also result in infection. Therefore, wet dandruff requires prolonged treatment, whereas it is easier to treat dry dandruff.
Impurity in the blood:
According to Ayurvedic system of medicine, dry dandruff is caused because of ‘Vata Pradhan Kapha dosha’. On the other hand, wet dandruff is caused because of ‘Kapha Pradhan Vata dosha’. As per Acharya Videha Pitta and Kapha are involved in causing darunak i.e. Dandruff. The vitiation of Vata and Pitta in the body leads to vitiation of Raktadhatu(blood) thus giving rise to impurities in the blood. This in turn leads to poor nourishment of the scalp. In such cases, detoxification of blood is also required to get rid of dandruff.
Ayurveda places the problem of dandruff in the category of Shudra Roga, which appears due to an imbalance of all three doshas (Ayurvedic humor). The primary doshas involved are Kapha and Vata.Kapha is an Ayurvedic humor which symbolizes Softness, Stickiness, provides nourishment & lubrication. Vata is dry and rough in nature. In an aggravated state, both doshas as per their predominance cause the production of specific impurities in scalp, which are dry and sticky in nature. These impurities accumulate in the deep tissues of the scalp and contaminate them. Contamination of the deep tissues and aggravated Vata-Kapha Dosha causes itching and flaky patches on the scalp. Due to these factors, the scalp sheds larger than normal amounts of dead epidermal cells, which leads to the problem of dandruff.
The Ayurvedic line of treatment is to generally pacify Kapha and Vata through herbal medicines, as well as a tailor-made diet and lifestyle plan. Also, special herbs are administered to cleanse the body of accumulated digestive impurities.
The Ayurvedic system of treatment for wet or oily dandruff, in particular, is briefly mentioned here:
- According to Ayurveda, dandruff could be caused due to prolonged intake of cold water, Excessive usage of foods that taste salty, Chronic Rhinitis, Irregular Sleeping Habits, Excessive Exposure to UV of sun, Suppressing Natural Urges, Excessive consumption of alcohol, Excessive sweating , Improper maintenance of Hair and using very less or no hair oil for massaging Head and Scalp.
- Ayurveda suggests both topical and internal medicines for the treatment of wet or oily dandruff. The topical medicines are intended to manage dandruff and also provide relief from itching and infection, if any. The internal medicines are intended to detox the blood and also improve immunity, nourish the skin and thereby help in improving the quality of hair.
- If dandruff is caused due to psoriasis and eczema, then there are exclusive medicines to combat the infection, detox the body and nourish the skin and hair.
- Ayurveda suggests that foods like coconut, Indian gooseberry ( Amla), Raisins etc. help in preventing dandruff.
- In addition to these, Ayurveda also suggests various home remedies for effective management of both wet and dry dandruff, like washing your hair with decoction prepared with Neem Leaves or Take powder of Mustard seeds and licorice, make them into paste by adding milk to it and leave it on head for 20min and wash later with water.
- Taking Panchkarama detoxification procedures like Nasyam, Raktamokshnam, Shirobasti, Abhyanga Swedanam under the guidance of expert can also play very important role in the management of both the types of dandruff.
- Accumulated hair and dandruff scales can be made returned to the healthy scalp from unclean combs and brushes. This may irritate the scalp and causes flare of dandruff again. Combs and brushes are the tools for the care of your hair; they should be properly made and well cared to accomplish this purpose. Neem wood combs can work wonder but they should also be regularly cleaned and changed every six months. It can be easily deduced that wet dandruff can be effectively managed and treated by undergoing treatment under Ayurvedic system of medicines.
However, you should avail such treatment under the supervision of an experienced doctor specialised in Ayurvedic medical science.
Hair loss due to androgenetic alopecia or pattern baldness is a condition that affects both men and women equally. Surgical hair transplantation is the only solution for restoring the lost hair in pattern baldness when medical hair restoration does not offer you a good hair re-growth. If you have well-defined and clearly established areas or patterns of baldness on the crown with healthy dense coverage of hair at the sides and the back of the head, you are probably suitable for a hair transplant surgery. Hair that is transplanted in the frontal region of the skull generally offers the best results. However, a hair transplant procedure can also be carried out on any other area of your head if you have some bald patch there.
It is best to have detailed information about the hair transplant procedure before you make plans to undergo a surgery. It is only after you have read through all the information that you can understand and appreciate the significance of surgical hair restoration. The information will also help you decide whether you are the right candidate for the hair transplant surgery. Receiving a hair transplant can improve your appearance and self-confidence.
All those who can opt for a hair transplant:
- Men with male-pattern baldness
- Women suffering from hair thinning
- Anyone who has lost some hair from a burn or scalp injury
Hair replacement isn’t a good option for:
- Women with a wide-spread pattern of hair loss throughout the scalp
- People who don’t have enough “donor” hair sites from which to remove hair for transplant
- People who form keloid scars (thick, fibrous scars) after injury or surgery
- People whose hair loss is due to medication like chemotherapy
Two types of procedures
It's worth noting that there are new surgical techniques involved in hair transplants:
- FUE - Follicular Unit Extraction: The hairs are individually extracted from the back of the head and re-planted across the area. This is a lengthy, pain-staking process but the result is minimal scarring and a very natural-looking hairline.
- FUT - Follicular Unit Transplantation: This technique involves taking a larger area or 'strip' of hair from the back of the head, dividing it into smaller units and then re-planting those units in the desired area of hair loss. Scarring can be slightly more conspicuous at the back of the head as a larger area has been removed but an expert surgeon will minimise incision marks to ensure rapid healing.
Hair transplant do, of course, utilise your own natural hair and re-growth can be expected within 4 weeks of surgery. Great care must be taken during your recovery period to protect the newly-transplanted hair. However, once it is deemed safe to resume normal activities, the results can be life-transforming. A successful hair transplant is permanent and can restore confidence and self-esteem. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
How to improve our Face colour bcoz it doesn't match my body colour and I'm having loss of hair fall.
Viruses, the bad ones, in particular, can have serious effects on the body which a person would not like to have, in any case. This is surely true when the case of herpes zoster is being talked about. This form of herpes is commonly known as shingles. But what if there was a proper solution to this issue?
When a person has blisters forming and causing a rash in a limited area, shingles is likely to be the cause of the same.
What is interesting to know too many people is the fact that the virus which is responsible for shingles or herpes zoster is the same one which is the cause for chickenpox! This virus is never cleared out even when the symptoms of chickenpox have long left the body of the person who had it. As a matter of fact, in some cases, it does reappear and affects the body again except this time in the form of shingles. However, doctors do not know why this occurs. Is that not weird? Most people who have the bad luck of having to deal with shingles are over sixty years of age. While knowing all this is quite beneficial, what about the treatment of shingles?
When it comes to the homeopathic treatment of shingles, there is a range of options which can be made use of. That being said, it is of the highest importance to keep in mind the fact that medicine should only be taken as per the prescription of a trained professional in homeopathic medicine. Homeopathy can treat shingles very effectively. The results are very prompt in the pains and eruptions. Shingles can affect any age group. Usually shigles indicate lowered immunity. Since they are viral infections, least can be done with anibiotics. Homeopathy boosts the immunity. Genital herpes can also be very effectively treated with Homeopathy.
Arsenicum album is one of the most popular medicines from the homeopathic field. In most of the cases where it is ideally used, the patient is undergoing pain with a burning sensation on the affected area of the skin. When a rash begins to form, there is normally some tingling in the skin in the run up to it.
Homeopathic treatment is so good that there is medicine to nip the problem in the bud before it has the chance to cause the affected person a whole deal of anguish. Aconite is the medicine, in this case.
Hepar sulphur and Rhus Toxicodendron are also used often over the course of treatment. The former is useful especially for people with unhealthy skin while the latter is commonly used for herpes of the face and around the joints.If If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you canconsult a homeopath.
Hello sir, I got a skin problems on neck groin butt n calf also some sort of red small spots on feet. What should i do?
I lost half of my hair due to heavy dandruff from 2 years. Is hair restoration is possible. No hereditary history. All the people in my family have nice hair. No bald head to any one of them.
Dark and dull skin can be caused by overexposure to the sun, environmental pollution, a medical condition, dry skin, stress, poor lifestyle choices, and prolonged use of chemical-based cosmetic products.Many
Many people work hard to achieve fair and flawless skin. The market is flooded with skin-lightening creams and lotions. But such products have harmful chemicals that can ultimately damage your skin. Oftentimes the products are expensive, too.
1. Yogurt :
Gently rub plain yogurt onto your skin. Leave it on for a few minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Do this once daily for several weeks to notice a significant change in your complexion.
- Alternatively, mix one tablespoon of fresh yogurt with one-half tablespoon of honey. Apply the mixture on your face and neck. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash it off with water. Do this daily to improve your skin tone and complexion.
- You can also add a little lemon juice and some oatmeal to yogurt to make a thick paste, and apply it as a face mask. This remedy will also help keep your skin supple and moisturized.
2. Oranges : It It has been found that regular consumption of fresh orange juice can greatly improve the overall texture of your skin as well as its suppleness. To lighten your skin, oranges can be used in different ways.
- Combine two tablespoons of orange juice and a pinch of powdered turmeric. Apply this mixture on your face andneck neck before going to bed. You can also apply it on yourhands hands and legs. Wash it off after 20 to 30 minutes. Do this daily.
3. Aloe vera :
- Cut the outer layers of an aloe vera leaf. Squeeze out the thick, jelly-like substance.
- Apply the gel thoroughly on your skin.
- Leave it on for about 30 minutes, and then wash it off with water.
- Do this at least twice daily for two weeks.
4. Papaya & honey :
What You Need To Do
- 1. Mash the papaya pieces till you get a smooth and thick paste 2. Add honey to this paste and mix thoroughly 3. Apply the paste to your face and keep it on for about 20 minutes 4. Wash your face with warm water 5. Rinse again with cold water and pat your skin dry.. for better result consult me.
- 1 teaspoon honey
For 2 weeks I got itching only in my both legs that too in night time it getting severe. What was the reason?
There are various kinds of skin diseases such as eczema, allergic dermatitis, vitiligo, psoriasis, herpes which cause rashes along with violent itching, which becomes worse by scratching. It occurs as a result of getting rid of some poison in the system, either congenital or acquired. Skin problems can be local or can spread throughout the body. These occur due to infection, heat, immune system disorder, allergies due to elastic, rubber products, detergents, dust, etc., food allergies, menstruation, hereditary issues and many other factors. Homeopathy has proved very effective in such skin diseases, as it cures the basic cause of the same by studying not only the skin type, but also the genetic and immune system factors of the patient.
Following are some useful homeopathic medicines for skin diseases:
- Rhus Toxicodendron: This is very helpful for eczema where the skin is covered with numerous vesicular eruptions accompanied by violent itching, swelling, tingling, etc. which increase during night time and cold weather.
- Graphites: These treat common skin problems like dry and itchy skin, cracked corners of eyes and mouth, scruffy eruptions on the scalp, face, bends of joints, between fingers and behind the ears.
- Pulsatilla: Mostly a remedy for female related skin issues such as rashes due to profuse or scanty menses, gastric or uterine problems, nettle rashes and also acne which increase during winter.
- Sepia: This is the best medicine for herpes, which cures symptoms like dry skin at first, followed by release of moist discharge leading to brownish, liver or yellow spots. It is also helpful for eczema and psoriasis.
- Sulphur: The exact skin remedy for soreness and itching in the folds of the skin, roughness, coarseness and burning sensation due to washing. It is also useful for itching in the scalp, hair fall, deficient growth of nails, acne, psoriasis and eczema.
- Nitricum Acidum: This medicine is useful for treating ulcers in mouth, tongue or genital tracts that bleed easily and other physical irritabilities.
- Thuja Occidentalis: Effective for warts, acne, scaly patches and age spots.
Above all, it is mandatory to visit a homeopathic doctor before intake of the medicines mentioned above.
Dandruff is characterized by flaky skin on the scalp caused by shedding of the dead skin cells. Although small amount of flaking is normal because of the death of the skin cells, any aberration causes uncontrollable itching and foul odor. Studies state that dandruff is usually caused due to bad hair hygiene.
What causes dandruff?
People diagnosed with a skin disorder called ‘seborrheic dermatitis’ are at an increased risk of this condition. Seborrheic dermatitis can affect many areas of the body such as the sides of the nose, eyebrows, breast-bone and back of the ear. Not combing or shampooing the hair enough can also result in dandruff. Sensitivity to yeast is one of the major causes of dandruff. Dry skin, having been subject to immense stress over a prolonged period of time, unhealthy diet and other disorders such as HIV, skin conditions such as psoriasis or eczema are few of the other reasons behind dandruff.
Remedies to get rid of dandruff:
- Aspirin- If you suffer from excessive dandruff, it is advisable to crush few tablets of aspirin and add it to your normal shampoo. Aspirin contains high amounts of salicylic acid that helps to reduce the formation of dandruff.
- Tea tree oil and baking soda- Adding a few drops of baking soda and tea tree oil to your favorite shampoo can help reduce dandruff to a great extent. Baking soda is laced with a substance which reduces overactive fungi. Your hair can feel dry during the first few days but will start to return to its normal state with continued usage.
- Lemons- Massaging lemon juice onto your scalp is a sure way of getting rid of dandruff. Lemon helps to balance the pH level of your scalp and prevent it from getting flaky and scaly.
- Garlic- Crushed garlic or garlic juice can be rubbed on the scalp to reduce dandruff formation. Garlic has antimicrobial properties which are ideal for eliminating the bacteria which contribute to dandruff.