Doctor in The Awana Clinic
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for The Awana ClinicYour feedback matters!
With any fertility treatment, a failure is possible due to several reasons. Most couples are having a problem while conceiving a baby and seek various fertility treatments with hope. When things happen otherwise, and the treatment fails, they miserably suffer.
What is IVF?
IVF or In Vitro Fertilization is a fertility treatment where eggs are removed from the woman’s ovary and fertilized with retrieved sperms in a laboratory dish. The embryo is then transferred to the woman’s uterus. The treatment is said to have a success rate of 40 percent; which means that it can fail in 60 percent cases.
So, why does the treatment fail?
Can it possibly fail ?
Though the success of IVF depends on certain predominant factors like age and overall health, there are two common reasons behind a failure of IVF, and they are:
An abnormal embryo- The most prevalent reason for a failed IVF is an abnormal or incompetent embryo. In most cases, this is due to an irregular number of chromosomes (aneuploidy) in the embryo. This might be because of an abnormal egg or abnormal sperm or when both gametes are abnormal.
Implantation failure- An underlying implantation dysfunction may prevent the embryo from attaching to the lining of the uterus. When the thickness of the endometrium is thin (less than 9 mm) at the time of progesterone administration, the implantation may fail. Implantation may fail due to surface lesions in the uterine cavity (due to scarring, polyps, or uterine fibroids) as well.
Other reasons are poor ovarian response and pre-treatment stress.
Make IVF a success with Ayurveda
Ayurveda, the ancient system of healing, appropriately prepares you well-ahead of an IVF treatment. The three key aspects of this treatment are – Detoxification, Nourishment, and Lifestyle changes.
The success of IVF is largely dependent on healthy eggs and sperms and a proper implantation of the embryo. Thus, as the first step, Ayurveda suggests that the couple are to be cleansed with Pancha Karma treatment before conception. Known as Beejshuddhi and Sthanshuddhi, the detoxification procedure purifies ovum, sperms, and uterus.
Along with these, other Pancha Karma procedures like Basti, Uttarbasti, Yoniprakshalana, Vamana, and Virechana are performed to improve the health of reproductive organs. Shirodhara helps in reducing the stress levels of the couple.
Diet is an inherent component of Ayurveda treatment. Hence, a diet that increases fertility is advised to the couple. The couple is advised to stay away from certain foods as well.
The fertility diet includes fresh and organic fruits and vegetables, whole grains, dairy proteins, Moong dal, soaked almonds and walnuts, dried fruits like figs, dates, and raisins, ajwain seeds, cumin seeds, and turmeric.
You should refrain yourself from spicy and salty foods and that containing artificial sweeteners, high-fat food, caffeine, alcohol, and excessive meat. Apart from the diet, certain Ayurvedic herbs are prescribed that strengthens the reproductive organs and improve immunity.
Infertility has become one of the lifestyle diseases. Ayurveda insists that healthy lifestyle is essential to conceive a baby. According to your body constitution, an Ayurvedic expert can guide you to make lifestyle modifications with Dinacharya and Rutucharya. Also, you must ensure adequate sleep and practice yoga (Surya Namaskar, Sarvangasana, Dhanurasana, Shalabasana, and Pranayama) regularly.
When IVF treatment is failing frequently, you tend to lose hope. However, with Ayurveda, there is definitely hope for success in conception. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Nothing matters to a pregnant woman more than the well being of the baby. Garbh Sanskar, as indicative of the name, refers to educating the baby while still in the womb. It is an Ayurvedic practice to ensure that the baby has a sound physical as well as mental health with a high intelligence level. In this article, we will discuss this Ayurvedic practice in details for people to understand the term better.
It is a well-known fact that the baby, while still in the womb, can relate most to the mother. They form a special bond where the mother talks and sings to the baby, with the baby even reciprocating at times. Thus, the behavior of the mother can influence the development of the baby to a great extent. Garbh Sanskar suggests a concoction of dietary changes, physical activities (meditation, exercise, and yoga), and a lot more positive and healthy lifestyle habits that goes on to benefit the baby in the long run.
For Garbh Sanskar, the diet of a pregnant woman is of prime importance. The foods chosen should be nutritionally enriching.
- Foods that can aggravate the doshas or result in the build-up of Ama (such as processed and fast foods, packaged fruit and health drinks, frozen or canned foods, stale and cold foods, aerated, caffeinated, and alcoholic drinks and beverages) in the body will harm both the mother and the baby.
- Instead, consume more of fresh fruits and vegetables (especially avoid pineapple, papaya, aloe vera), whole grains, cereals, ghee, honey, milk, curd.
- The idea is to consume foods that will ensure maximum development of the baby.
- Panchamrut prepared using milk, sugar, honey, ghee, and curd is known to be highly beneficial for the brain development of the baby.
Meditation and Yoga:
- Meditation and yoga are highly beneficial for the mother and the baby. The pranayama and meditation also help to ward off stress and the negative energy that may affect the dosha balance.
- The Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward-Facing Dog Pose), Upavistha Konasana (Wide-Legged Seated Forward Fold Pose), Uttanasana (Standing Forward Bend Pose) are prenatal yogas that are sure to keep both the mother and the baby in good health.
Music can influence the health of the mother and the baby. According to Garbh Sanskar, listening to soft, soothing, and light music can help the mother and the baby to remain calm and relaxed. For maximum benefits, it is also a healthy practice to listen to spiritual music (Shlokas, Mantras, puja aarti, prayers).
Talking or reading to the baby can be highly enlightening for the baby. Garbh Sanskar suggests that a pregnant lady should either listen or read stories of courage, kindness and inspiration at least twice daily. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
If you want the baby to be healthy, maintain a healthy and cheerful environment around the pregnant woman. Keep her relaxed physically, mentally and emotionally.
The entire concept of worshiping a deity lays down to the path of faith and belief which helps human life to progress and hold on to their hopes. Navaratri is one such festival, the roots of which delves deep into the minds of Hindu psychology. Navaratri is a nine-day festival that is celebrated all over India in various forms and different rituals. It focuses on the worship of goddess Durga and worshiping the nine avatars or reincarnations. During these nine days, the entire country is lit up with happiness, homecoming, love, friendship, bonding over cultural heritage and obviously food.
Navaratri requires fasting and for this with the festival knocking at the door here are some great mouthwatering fasting recipes-
- Let’s start with something sweet- Desserts stimulate a refreshing feeling. Low-fat makhana kheer recipe made with nuts is the best dessert you can consume during navratri. Makhana is an excellent source of carbohydrates, protein, magnesium, fiber, potassium, phosphorus, potassium, iron and zinc. Low in calories and high in fiber, it facilitates weight loss. Indulge without bothering about weight gain.
- A colorful platter- Mixed fruit salad with apples, berries, apricot, avocado, cherries is the best fruity dish to include in the diet plan for Navaratri. This mixture is suggested to eat during the daytime. You can add combinations of berries such as blueberries and strawberries, with this. This is because berries are great choices when it comes to maintaining glucose and cholesterol levels.
- Banana and Walnut lassi- Charge up with this healthy drink, a Lassi made with the goodness of, bananas, yogurt nuts, and honey. Walnut is full of essential nutrients that the body requires, and Yogurt gives infuses diet with, zinc, calcium, protein, and phosphorus. Bananas are an excellent source of potassium, folate, vitamins B6 and C. Hence, the lassi is a refreshing drink filled with goodness.
- Sabudana khichdi or tapioca porridge- A quintessential fasting recipe which has been there for decades and never goes out of the beat. With a dash of your favorite vegetables, some butter it can fill your stomach for hours apart from falling under a sumptuous meal recipe. These include a less level of saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium. It is also a superb source of dietary fiber and boosts energy.
- Samvat Rice or Barnyard Millet Rice- This rice with cashews, almonds, coriander leaves, is a special dish served during Navratri. Almonds contain dietary fiber that is good for health. Also, cashews and almonds are healthy and rich in vitamins and minerals. This can be served as an excellent meal which serves both tastes as well as the nutritional requirement. Barnyard millet is gluten-free and includes proteins and carbohydrates to give energy through Navratri fast which is much needed.
Equipped with these simple recipes filled with numerous health benefits, this Navaratri celebrate the festival with health and happiness!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Keeping the blood sugar at the recommended level can be a challenging task at times. While timely medication is a key prerequisite for controlling diabetes, lifestyle changes plays an important role in keeping the blood sugar under control.
Here is a list of simple yet effective ways of managing diabetes.
- Portion size and carbohydrate count: Carbohydrates are the single most important food element that impacts the level of blood sugar in body. People taking insulin shots should ensure that the portion size of carbohydrates does not exceed the recommended level. Maintaining a diary to keep a check on the carbohydrate count can help in this case.
- Balanced diet: For people suffering from diabetes, it is necessary to have a good mix of fruits, vegetables, fat, starch and protein in each meal. Carbohydrates should be consumed in the form of fruits and whole grains. A doctor advice in this matter can be of great help.
- Avoid sweetened beverages: Sweetened beverages with high sucrose and fructose content have high-calorie content that can directly impact the blood-sugar level. Refraining from these sweetened drinks is a must for diabetes patients.
- Make an exercise plan: Exercising for half hour on a daily basis is highly beneficial for diabetes patients. It makes sense to consult a doctor about the type of exercise that can be done regularly. The right mix of aerobic, cardio and muscle exercise should do the trick.
- Stay hydrated: Staying hydrated is very important during exercise. Dehydration can bring down the blood-sugar level drastically.
- Be prepared: Carrying a small dose of glucose or a snack can come in handy. In case the blood-sugar level drops to an alarming level while exercising, the glucose will ensure that it brings it back to normal quickly.
- Follow the doctor’s instruction: Alcohol is known to cause a lot of complications for diabetic patients. For people whose diabetes is under control, make sure that the doctor gives his go ahead for alcohol consumption.
- Drink carefully: If you get a doctors nod to drink make sure that dry wines and light beer are consumed. These drinks tend to have lesser calories and carbohydrates. Their impact on the blood-sugar level, therefore, becomes minimal.
- Pattern: Stress greatly increases the blood-sugar level. While it is difficult to be stress-free, try to look for a pattern by checking the blood-sugar level after prolonged stress. This will help to identify a pattern which can then be addressed with methods such as yoga, hobby practicing, laughter therapy, etc.
- Get help: Stress management is not an easy task. If stress cannot be controlled with a conventional approached, it makes sense to get professional help to reduce stress.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
करेले का कड़वा स्वाद भले ही आपको विचलित करे लेकिन इसके स्वास्थयवर्धक गुणों के कारण ये काफी लोकप्रिय है. इसके औषधीय गुणों से आप कई तरह की परेशानियों से बच सकते हैं. इसमें प्रोटीन, कार्बोहाइड्रेट, कैल्शियम, आयरन, फास्फोरस, मैग्नीशियम, मैंगनीज, फोलेट, विटामिन ए, विटामिन सी और कई विटामिन बी का एक प्रचुर स्रोत है. इसमें आहार फाइबर भी अच्छी मात्रा में शामिल है और इसमें कैलोरी भी कम होती है. यह लिनोलेनिक एसिड (एक आवश्यक, ओमेगा -6 फैटी एसिड) और ओलिक एसिड (एक असंतृप्त वसा) का भी एक अच्छा स्रोत है. आइए करेले के फायदे और नुकसान को जानें.
1. वजन घटाने में सहायक
करेला फायटो-न्यूट्रिएंट्स एवं एंटी-ऑक्सीडेंट का एक बहुत ही प्रचुर स्रोत है जो वजन घटाने में सहायक है. यह कार्बोहाइड्रेट्स के उपापचय को उत्तेजित कर शरीर में एकत्रित वसा की मात्रा को कम करता है. इसके अलावा यह फाइबर का भी एक अच्छा स्रोत है और इसमें कैलोरीज भी कम होती है.
2. कोलेस्ट्रॉल को कम करने में
यह हानिकारक कोलेस्ट्रॉल को कम करने में भी सहायक है. इसका श्रेय इसमें निहित उत्तम फायटो-नुट्रिएंट्स एवं एंटी-ऑक्सीडेंट्स को जाता है. इससे दिल के दौरे, हृदय रोग एवं स्ट्रोक का खतरा कम हो जाता है.
3. हैंगओवर्स से छुटकारा दिलाए
यदि आप हैंगओवर्स से परेशान हैं तो करेले के पास आपकी इस समस्या का भी समाधान है. इसमें एंटी-इन्टॉक्सिकेशन गुण पाए जाते है जो शरीर से विषाक्त प्रदार्थों को निकास द्वार तो दिखाता ही है परंतु साथ ही में शराब द्वारा लिवर को पहुँचने वाली क्षति से भी बचाव करता है. यह आपकी शराब पीने की लत को भी कम कर देता है.
4. मधुमेह को नियंत्रित करने में
यह रक्त में शर्करा के स्तर को प्रभावित कर उसे कम करने में सहायता करता है. इसके अलावा इसमें चरन्तीं, विसीने पॉलीपेप्टाइड-पी नामक तीन सक्रिय मधुमेह विरोधी यौगिक भी मौजूद हैं. यह पैंक्रियास के इन्सुलिन उत्पादन को उत्तेजित करता है और इन्सुलिन प्रतिरोध से भी बचाव करता है. इसकी यह खूबी इसे टाइप-1 एवं टाइप-2 दोनों ही प्रकार के मधुमेह रोगियों के लिए फायदेमंद बना देती है.
5. कैंसर से करे बचाव
करेले में निहित एंटीऑक्सीडेंट गुण शरीर की फ्री-रेडिकल क्षति से सुरक्षा करता है. करेले का सेवन करने से ग्रीवा, प्रोस्टेट और ब्रेस्ट कैंसर से बचा जा सकता है. एक शोध के अनुसार करेला ट्यूमर के विकास पर भी रोक लगाता है.
6. लिवर के लिए स्वास्थ्यवर्धक
करेले के लिए अत्यंत स्वास्थ्यवर्धक होते हैं. यह लिवर के कार्यशीलता में सुधार लाता है और रक्त को स्वच्छ करने में मदद करता है. यह लिवर में से विषाक्त प्रदार्थों को बहार निकालने में भी सक्षम है. लिवर के सुचारू रूप से कार्य करने पर मोटापा, हृदय रोग, क्रोनिक थकान, सिर दर्द, पाचन समस्याओं, पीलिया एवं अन्य कई रोगों के होने का खतरा कम हो जाता है.
7. आंत के कीड़ों को खत्म करे
करेले में अन्थेलमिंटिक यौगिक पाए जाते हैं जो आंत में हानिकारक कीड़ों का नाश करते हैं. यह ना केवल उन परजीवी का अंत करता है अपितु साथ ही उनके मरणोपरांत आंत में बचे विषाक्त प्रदार्थों से भी छुटकारा दिलाता है.
8. रक्त को साफ रखे
करेला शरीर में एक प्राकृतिक रक्त शोधक के रूप में कार्य करता है और रक्त को स्वच्छ रखने में सहायक है. यह रक्त विकारों के उपचार में मदद करता है. यह त्वचा को नाय निखार देने के लिए भी जाना जाता है और त्वचा को मुँहासे, सोरायसिस और एक्जिमा जैसी समस्याओं से भी मुक्त कराता है.
9. इम्यून सिस्टम को बनाए मजबूत
नियमित रूप से करेले का सेवन शरीर को बीमारियों से लड़ने की अमित क्षमता प्रदान करता है. यह इम्यून सिस्टम को फ्री-रेडिकल क्षति से भी बचाता है. अपने इम्यून सिस्टम की शक्ति को बढ़ावा देने के लिए करेले को अपने दैनिक आहार में शामिल करें और गंभीर बीमारियों से शरीर का संरक्षण करें.
10. बवासीर का उपचार करने में
करेले में निहित उत्तम एंटी-इंफ्लेमेटरी एवं एंटी-ऑक्सीडेंट गुण, इसे बवासीर के लिए एक उत्तम आहार बनाते हैं. इसमें अच्छी मात्रा में फाइबर भी पाया जाता है को मल-त्याग क्रिया को नियमित एवं सरल बना देते हैं. करेला इस वजह से बवासीर एवं बार बार होने वाली कब्ज दोनों से छुटकारा दिलाने में सक्षम है.
करेले के नुकसान
* जिन करेलों पर पीले या नारंगी रंग के धब्बे हो या फिर नरम स्थल हो उन्हें खरीदने से बचें.
* इसके अत्यधिक सेवन से पेट में हल्का दर्द या दस्त हो सकता है.
* गर्भवती महिलाओं को बहुत ज्यादा करेला खाने से बचना चाहिए क्योंकि यह समय से पहले ही शिशु-जन्म का कारक बन सकता है.
Are you experiencing a swollen and painful joint and are looking for an effective way to treat it? You can choose homeopathic treatment, which is considered to be ideal for joint pain and inflammation, as it does not have any side effects. When a joint swells up, gets inflamed, or damaged due to an injury, joint pain is experienced. Aging and several medical conditions such as gout, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, general injuries, and sprains are common causes of joint inflammation and pain. A wide range of homeopathic medicines is used for the management of joint pain and inflammation.
Here is a list of the top homeopathic medicines used for this condition along with the symptoms when they are prescribed for use:
Rhus Tox- This homeopathic medicine is very effective in treating joint pain. Both acute and chronic joint pains are cured by this medicine. It is used when a patient experiences marked stiffness in the joints along with intense pain. The medicine treats all kinds of joint pains, starting from rheumatic reasons to injuries caused due to overexertion. Usually, the joint pain gets better with movement and worsens if you are immobile.
Sanguinaria Can and Ferrum Met- Sanguinaria Can is used for treating joint pains which occur in the shoulder. It is most effective in the case of right-sided shoulder joint pains. The right-sided shoulder of the patient may feel stiff and the pain worsens with any kind of motion. The right shoulder joint pain increases during the night. On the other hand, Ferrum Met is used in the case of left-sided shoulder pain. The patient experiences stiffness and cracking in the left shoulder joint along with great pain. The pain increases if you raise your arm and with any kind of movement.
Bryonia and Ruta- These homeopathic medicines are used for the management of joint pain in the elbows. Bryonia is used when the elbow joint pain increases even without movement. It provides sustained relief. The pain is also accompanied by stiffness and swelling in the elbow joint. Ruta, is an effective homeopathic medicine which is used for elbow joint pain treatment, especially when the pain is located near the condyles. Stretching and raising your arms trigger the pain. This medicine is also used in case of inflamed and sore tendons near the elbow joint, which cause pain.
Other homeopathic medicines such as Actaea Spicata and Rhododendron are used in the case of treating joint pains in the wrist. You should consult a qualified homeopathic practitioner before taking medicines for joint pain.
So you have just found out that you are pregnant and you and your partner are over the moon about it! While congratulations are in order, so are a host of tips, which will help you settle into the pregnancy. It is important to remember that the first trimester of your pregnancy is a crucial phase where you may not change that much physically, but will be prone to many emotional changes. It is also a phase where you will make way for the changes that will inevitably come in the next two trimesters and for a long time after delivery of the baby too. Read on to unravel our first trimester guide.
- Pregnancy Test: You must ensure that you know you are pregnant by monitoring your menstrual cycles closely so that even one missed period points at the possibility of pregnancy. This test can be a home based kit available at the chemists' or can even be conducted with a lab test based on a urine sample. Despite the results that you may get on a home pregnancy test, it is best to get a professional opinion as well.
- Finding the Right Doctor: In this phase of your pregnancy itself, it is imperative to home in on a gynaecologist who will put you ease. Take care to pick someone who may be recommended by family and friends. Have a talk with the doctor a few times to see how well he or she engages you as a patient and if you are suitably convinced with the sessions and appointments.
- Activity: While heavy activities may not be recommended by all doctors as the foetus needs to latch on, one can indulge in plenty of walks and a normal routine as well. Ensure that your pregnancy is a normal one and ask your doctor about any precautions that you may need to take with the progressing trimesters. Also, find ways to deal with any morning sickness with the help of the doctor.
- Supplements: In this crucial phase, ensure that your doctor gives you plenty of folic acid supplements that you must ingest on a regular basis. This will keep any risk of neural tube birth defects at bay.
- Other Medications: Find out more about over the counter drugs or any medication that you may have been taking as this may have to be stopped or adjusted for the pregnancy. The doctor should be able to guide you on this aspect too.
The other activities during the first trimester include taking pre natal appointments and choosing and interacting with your caregiver who will also be a support after you have had the baby.
What is arthritis of the knee?
The knee acts as hinge joint and allows flexion (bending) and extension (straightening). The knee is formed by the tibiofemoral joints, where end of the femur (thigh bone) glides over the top of the tibia (shin bone) and the patellofemoral joint where the kneecap glides over the end part of the femur. The gliding surfaces of the knee are covered with articular cartilage which helps the joint to glide smoothly. Over time the articular cartilage can become damaged or 'worn away' and this is known as osteoarthritis.
What is medial compartment arthritis?
Most people with knee arthritis have predominantly pain in the inner aspect of the knee, which is due to medial compartment arthritis. Patients who are born with varus knees (bow legs) are more likely to get medial compartment osteoarthritis. This is because the weight of their body mainly passes through the medial compartment of the knee rather than spreading the load evenly between the whole gliding surface of the knee.
How do you diagnose medial compartment arthritis?
ClinicaFeatures, examination findings and standing X-rays of the knee joint and the patello-femoral joint are needed to diagnose medial compartment arthritis. The X-ray will often show narrowing of the joint space in the medial compartment of the knee which suggest that a patient has medial compartment osteoarthritis. Long Leg standing X-ray of the whole of both of both legs from the hip joints to the ankle joints ( Fig 2), allows us to carefully examine the overall alignment of your legs. They help to calculate the weight bearing axis of your leg and find out where most of the force is passing through your knee joint. MRI would be done too, to assess degree of cartilage damage. It is imperative to know status of other structures in the knee like meniscus and ligaments.
Some patients are advised for a type of knee brace known as a medial offloading brace to trial. To a certain extent this mimics the result of osteotomy surgery by pushing the leg into a more normal alignment and taking the pressure of the damaged medial compartment. This is usually only a temporary solution whilst waiting for surgery. Patients who are overweight often find their knee pain is significantly improved when they lose weight. Simple analgesia such as paracetamol together with etodolac can help with pain and sleep disturbance form the pain.
Who requires surgery?
People suffering from growing cartilage lesions resulting in pain and activity restriction with proved mechanical axis deviation as the cause, would benefit from surgery. Age and extent of cartilage wear determine the nature of surgery. Younger individuals with smaller lesions are good candidates for a joint preservation surgery in the form of a High Tibial Osteotomy. With advancing age and extent of disease, Arthroplasty would be a
more beneficial option.