Doctor in Stone clinic
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Stone clinicYour feedback matters!
There are many cosmetic ingredients that can actually have a negative effect on your skin in the long run. The skin is a layer that must be taken care of. This does not merely include staying away from pollutants and dirt and cleaning your skin with the best products. It also means staying away from the wrong cosmetics and ingredients which can harm your skin.
So, let us look at the ten elements from the world of cosmetics that can do more harm than good for the skin.
1. Carcinogens in Lipsticks: This cosmetic ingredient can suck the moisture out of your lips and leave it looking discoloured in the long run. The carcinogenic oils and chemicals that are contained in many long wear lipsticks can damage the delicate skin leaving it exposed to the risk of cancer as well.
2. Benzoyl Peroxide: This is a toxic element that can be found in a number of cosmetics and must be avoided at all costs as it may also expose you to the risk of cancer.
3. Synthetic Colors: The use of synthetic colours in many cosmetics helps you in getting that unique colour of your eyes, cheeks and even lips. But did you know that too much use of this product can actually harm your skin? This is due to the coal tar source of the ingredient which is a skin irritant.
4. Parabens: These widely used preservatives can be found in a number of cosmetics like body washes, shampoos, facial cleansers and even deodorants. This has elements that can cause breast cancer with its estrogen mimicking effects.
5. Triclosan: This antimicrobial chemical also acts as an endocrine disruptor, which can have an adverse effect on the thyroid glands as well as the production of the reproductive hormones. It can be found in soaps and toothpaste.
6. Bleach Cream: Hydroquinone cream is one of the most commonly used ingredients in bleach creams, which causes significant damage to the skin. This also breaks down the essential natural oils of the skin to cause redness and rashes.
7. Acrylates in Nail Paint: These chemicals are usually found in acrylic nail paint and can cause cellular damage on the skin and can cause neurological problems and organ toxicity.
8. Fragrance: The chemical and synthetic fragrances used in many perfumes can be found in detergents and fabric softeners as well, which can have a harsh effect on one’s skin.
9. Dioxin: This is an ingredient used in many cosmetics and it may cause malfunctioning of the nervous system as well as rashes on the skin.
10. Wax: Wax is an ingredient can cause bleeding and lead to changes in the direction of the growth of hair from hair follicles. It can also make the skin rough in the long run.
The benefits of regular exercise in our constantly changing lifestyles cannot be over emphasized. Look at any of the lifestyle associated diseases and exercise is definitely one of the ways to beat it. Over the years, with stress and changed lifestyle, people are ageing faster than they should; the rate of ageing has also increased. Including exercise as a regimen can immensely help anti-ageing. Read on to know how exercise can help skin look younger and reverse some effects of ageing.
For those who are used to a moderate workout regularly, it is like an energy drink that fires up the brain and body, leaving you more alert and alive. While most people associate exercise with workout and fatigue, the truth is that it energizes and vitalizes the body like nothing else.
- With age, the outer layer of the skin thickens and the inner layer becomes thin. This results in freckles, dark circles under the eyes, reduced elasticity, etc. The thinning inner layer is not able to replace collagen and replace elasticity at the same rate as it is being lost. What exercise does is work up sweat, which cleans off the dead cells from the top layer. The skin pores open up, thereby allowing the skin to breathe which in turn allows more oxygen to reach the underlying thin layer, and lets it make collagen. This improves firmness and elasticity of the skin.
- Another way the skin is benefitted from exercise is the effect it has on the skin, which is almost equivalent to a facial. Sweating from an exercise opens up the pores, which removes all the dirt trapped in the immediate underlying layers. One should not forget to wash off the skin after a good workout; else the dirt can settle and cause damage.
- Another way exercise benefits the skin is by reducing general inflammation in the body. This helps regulate hormones that are essential for the skin and prevents free radical damage, which helps prevent ageing of the skin.
- Exercise also improves blood flow in the skin. A workout requires more blood flow to the various body parts and the tiny arteries under the skin open up, allowing more free flow of blood. This ensures the skin gets the essential nutrients that are essential for regular maintenance and growth and repair. It also reduces damage from sun and improves collagen production, which helps in controlling wrinkles.
As mentioned earlier, the underlying thinner layer has, what are called fibroblasts, which gradually reduce in number with age. The added nutrient supply can improve their number and function, adding elasticity to the skin. The overall health benefits, stress reduction, improved vitality and vigor add to these benefits, producing a younger-looking you!
The term ‘skin disorders’ is used to describe different skin problems- from widespread rashes to red small bumps on certain portions of the skin. While some conditions can be harmless but unsightly, others may be infectious and even life-threatening in rare cases.
Some skin conditions have a genetic component, while others may result from allergic reactions. Allergic skin problems occur when certain allergens stimulate an immune response such as itching or redness. Bacteria, fungi, viruses can also lead to skin problems. The most common types of skin problems are psoriasis, eczema, acne, rosacea, warts etc. Let’s take a closer look at these disorders-
- Psoriasis- This is an autoimmune chronic skin condition which causes a rapid increase in the number of skin cells. Due to this rapid accumulation of cells, the surface of your skin becomes dry and flaky. The white scales are usually seen in the joints of your knees and elbows. You will most likely notice redness and inflammation around the scales.
- Eczema- Eczema is a medical condition that causes your skin to turn red and become inflamed and itchy. Eczema occurs in many forms, the most common among which is Atopic dermatitis. This condition begins usually in childhood, and gradually fades away or becomes milder as you age.
- Acne- This is perhaps the most common skin problem particularly prevalent between the ages of 15 and 35. Almost every other person develops small raised bumps known as acne breakouts due to infected or blocked hair follicles. When the skin pores become clogged due to excess oil secretion or accumulation of dirt and dead skin cells, acne can appear anywhere in the skin. Most commonly, these are noticed on the face- cheeks, chin or the nose.
- Rosacea- Rosacea is often mistaken as acne because it induces acne-like inflammatory symptoms. But this particular skin condition can occur due to a combination of genetic and environmental factors. Rosacea produces red, pus-filled small bumps on the skin, and usually affects fair-skinned middle-aged women. Visibly broken blood vessels, swollen skin, itchy dry eyes, rough patches on the skin- all these signs indicate you may have rosacea.
- Warts- These are slightly raised bumps or patches on the upper layer of your skin caused by the Human Papillomavirus (HPV) infection. Warts come in different shapes and sizes and can occur in any part of your body- hands, palms, feet, knees, or face.
Role of Ayurveda in curing skin disorders-
The Ayurveda school of treatment aims to restore your body’s doshic balance- kapha, vata and pitta. Treatment methods include self-care practices such as a balanced lifestyle, healthy diet, exercise and meditation. There are several Ayurvedic therapies including Abhyanga and Panchakarma that are designed to promote healthy skin.
- The Panchakarma vidhi uses medicated herbs, natural ingredients like rice, sand, medicated powder on your body to soothe your senses and flush out the toxins from your body. Once your body is detoxified, your skin feels rejuvenated and nourished.
- Essential rosemary oil and olive oil act as excellent moisturizers, especially for dry flaky skin resulting from psoriasis.
- Ashwagandha, one of the most essential, powerful herbs packed with anti-inflammatory properties, helps remove rosacea puss. To fetch best results, apply or drink extracts of this wonder herb every alternate day.
- Fenugreek seeds, or what is more commonly known as ‘methi’, are rich in essential vitamins like C and K, folic acid and iron. This medicinal plant helps remove dry red patches on the skin. It also prevents the formation of rosacea puss and helps reduce itching.
Skin problems can be mild or severe. Sometimes a conventional treatment method that may work for one condition, may not work well for the other. Ayurveda is a holistic approach to treatment and uses natural ingredients to cure the root cause behind the apparent condition. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
It can take up to 90 days for an acne lesion to form. You have to be consistent and treat your skin every day in order to get your acne under control.
I have oily skin with this problem now my skin is with pimples and full of pores what remedies I have to take.
Dear Doctors. There is fungal kind of infection occurred on my face. It is somewhat round and come off from my skin. Before this, these were two but grown to become one. It doesn't give much itching but very mild is there. And in my groin area too some dark colour patches are there. It gives me itching mainly at night. What is it? Kindly prescribe me something. Three months ago a doctor diagnosed me with joke itch and I had medicine too for about a month. Don't know if it was cured or this something new now. Kindly help me.
I have a perianal abscess that burst on its own at home, my doctor is away on vacation. What do you suggest to keep the area from getting an infection?
Our skin requires proper care from time to time, and therefore it is essential to implement the right steps at the right time. Peels are useful assets for polishing and bringing life to our skin. In today’s age, it becomes difficult to maintain the tone and texture of the skin. So, peels help in making this successful in the best ways.
Here are some of the notable and effective advantages of peel treatment.
- Cleansing your skin: Are you tired of dull skin? Then it’s time to opt for a peel treatment. There are different types of peel treatment which lead to excellent results for the skin tone and texture. It helps in cleansing the skin especially the facial skin. It works deep through the facial skin successfully thus leading to much improved and clean skin.
- Works well for acne: Acne is one of the most commonly occurring skin problems in the recent times. It leads to a severe change in the looks of the facial skin. Acne results in deposition of the dirt in the clogged pores when not treated for an extended period. Various peel treatments help in bringing out the dirt from the pores, thus clearing the areas affected by acne.
- Radiant skin: Peel treatments are useful in creating radiant skin just after the procedure. If you are struggling with bringing that glow to your facial skin, then peel treatments work best for almost every type of skin. After the peel treatment, you will be able to see the change in your skin with grace and appreciate the results immediately.
- Revive your skin: Daily exposure to sun damages the sensitive skin after a certain period. This leads to the necessity to bring back that tone and texture of your skin. Peel treatments are effective in reviving the quality of the skin. So, if you are planning to opt for some new type of skin treatment in the sooner time then make sure that you try peel treatments for reviving back your precious facial skin.
- Can cure appearance of fine lines and wrinkles: With age, all of us tend to get wrinkles, and these are most prominent on the facial part of the skin. In order to prevent any adverse effects of aging on the looks of the individual, wrinkles can be cured with the help of peel treatment. So, opt for the best peel treatments to get rid of the wrinkled skin.
Thus, if you are looking for some of the fine solutions for improvement of the facial skin then make sure that you choose for the peel treatments. These are some of the advantageous features of the peel treatments which fetch the desired results for the skin.