Doctor in St.Stephen's Hospital
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Psychoanalysis for Suicide
Submit a review for St.Stephen's HospitalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Everything was good but not met with Dr Rupali Shivalkar attended by Doctor Preeti Mathew
Was prescribed uvox50 mg for last 3 months for my anxiety and trichotillomania. It didn't help at all and delayed my periods ,hence after consulting doctor I discontinued it a lil more than a week ago. Ive severe nausea, headache and vomiting. Is t it normal to have such wi. Thdrawal symptoms for short duration ?I m miserable. Taking Razo d for same after consulting a physician. Not helping.
Sir, My father is suffering from clotting of blood in brain for last 3 years. He is undergoing treatment for last 3 years. Now he is alright. From last 2 days even though he didn't eat anything in night, he feels that he had taken supper. While providing food to him, he is telling that he is not hungry and he had just eaten. Why he is doing like that. We are not understand. Please provide solution to my problem.
Hi, I am getting bore all the time what ever I do I am not happy with that work.Please suggest I am getting stress.
I am unable to manage my habit of smoking .i feel tired wanna get rid of it but can not it has become a habit.
Sir if I take zolfresh 10 mg tablet with beer then what r it's effects and side effects, can I take 2 tablets at a time with alcohol. please suggest Regards.
What can be done to make a person believe again that he can survive, if a person has made his mind to die after being in depression for a long time. Due to this attitude of him neither he's improving in his health conditions nor mentally. Please Help!
HI, I am asking regarding my 36 year old brother health issue. From past one month he facing major problem 1, he is mentally disturbed. Hamesha badi badi bate karna misbehaving language use Karna Puri family se and jhoot bolna hat baar galat cause me dimag lagana drink bhi regularly Karne LGE hai Apne phone me hamesha LaGE rahane around 12 to 14 hr days in mobile sleeping only 4 to 5 he in entire day. We consult one neuroscience Dr. He given below medicine depran 10 and ecosprin But no relief till now.
I take prodep 20 mg capsule daily from last 1 year due to my social phobia, somatic obsession adjustment disorder. Now I feel better but. मै पढाई मे याद किया हुआ answer भूल जाता हूं। दिमाग blank हो जाता है । Answer कुछ भी याद नही आता.
Hey. I am 16 years old and I read that Alprax is an anti-anxiety medicine. I was very stressed because of many reason and thoughts of suicide also came so I had it because I wanted to feel better but without doctors prescription. Did I do something wrong? Is it dangerous?
OCD or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is an anxiety disorder, which can be indicated through obsession, having pervasive thoughts or thoughts, which may upset you, having certain compulsions, and practicing certain rituals, which may help to control or manage your obsessions. It is a disorder, which cannot be cured, but can be controlled with the help of treatment. Mostly, OCD is considered to be a lifelong disorder. It often circulates around the fear of germs or sickness and around keeping order and maintaining patterns.
He/she experience Doubt
Here's how it works. The person experience an unwanted thought which suggests the possibility of a catastrophic problem. For instance:
- What if I left the stove on, and the neighborhood burns?
- What if I got insecticide on my hands, and my family gets poisoned?
- What stops me from taking the carving knife and stabbing my spouse?
- What if I got poked by a needle infected with HIV?
These are thoughts about catastrophes. Naturally, you want to set them aside, and assure yourself that all is well.
And you try. You try very hard, very repetitively, to persuade yourself that all is well. You probably recognize that the thoughts are pretty exaggerated, even silly. But you keep trying to get rid of them. You try to feel absolutely sure that they're false. Even though you've never experienced these problems in the past, you want somehow to be certain that they will never happen in the future.
Here are some Tips that can help you in overcoming OCD
- Consult a qualified Psychiatrist: A qualified Psychiatrist is the only person who can diagnose and answer your question “Do I have OCD?” Fortunately, effective medicines are available now that can certainly help you overcome OCD. One important thing is, even if the medicines are taking time to work, consult your psychiatrist. Inform your Psychiatrist and he will make necessary changes in the prescription.
- Educate Yourself about OCD: There’s no substitute for being an informed patient. Your understanding of OCD, and of the treatment method, will be a key to your progress. If you’re going to overcome OCD, you need to become an informed consumer.
- Don’t be alone: OCD sufferers tend to do some compulsions to overcome their anxiety and these rituals are silly and awkward, that is why to avoid embarrassment such personally prefer to stay indoors. But staying indoors makes your mind locked in an OCD viscous cycle and it becomes difficult to break the cycle.
- Meditation: Meditation is an ancient relaxation method that can do wonders for you in overcoming OCD.
- Never neglect 3 practices: Regular Exercise, Healthy Diet and Sound sleep.
- Stop comparing yourself with others: it’s human nature to compare ourselves with others. Everyone has problems, difficulties. But they might be hiding there their sorrows, worries behind a mask, conveniently. Do not judge their quality of their happiness by looking at their external appearance.
- Find the cause: Find the real hidden reason for your anxiety, and take measures to reduce it. Sometimes chronic depression, childhood trauma, lack of sufficient sleep, etc. might be the reason.
- Help others: You will feel the satisfaction when you help others and see their smile.
- Don’t control your thoughts: Rather, control your reactions. And, Be happy, remain positive.
- Listen to music: Music has the tremendous power of healing and it diverts your mind.
- Do believe in the theory of KARMA: do your duties, don’t worry about results.