Doctor in St.Stephen's Hospital (Dr. Rupali OPD)
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Psychoanalysis for Suicide
Submit a review for St.Stephen's Hospital (Dr. Rupali OPD)Your feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
what a doctor, she is a god she is so polite never seen a doctor like her ,she is devi dhanantri shr treat very well guide ery well listen to patient is very well in this kayugi duniya people are crazy about money only she is not money minded may god bless her keep her healthy to care patient
Everything was good but not met with Dr Rupali Shivalkar attended by Doctor Preeti Mathew
She is very Good.
It is often said that a human being is a social animal. While this is true, does this mean that all degrees of social attachment are completely fine? Honestly, no. In fact, attachment displayed by children, to a very great extent, can have an unhealthy impact on the child’s psychology.
Children are sometimes affected by attachment disorders. This results in the child not being able to manage emotions to a sufficient degree. In addition to this, a child may suffer from a lack of self-worth due to not being able to connect on an emotional level with another person. Can you imagine how damaging this could be for a child who is so vulnerable while growing up?
When a child has a negative experience in his or her relationship with a parent, especially early on, an attachment disorder can develop. All children need varying degrees of a feeling of security to develop in initially and this is gone when they feel helpless and uncared for; not good indeed, to say the least!
What are some specific things, which can lead to the development of attachment disorders? One of the prime examples would be the needs of the baby being met some times but not all of the time. What this leads to is a baby not really knowing what is to be expected. Another thing which has the potential to be a trigger for an attachment disorder is the baby being neglected in the way that no person interacts with him or her and as a result of this, the baby seems to have no option at all, but to feel lonely.
So, what can be done in order to be able to deal with this situation? To start off, it can be said that the person himself or herself needs to put in a lot of effort. Patience truly is key as it helps in the improvement process and a parent needs to stay calm at every step.
When it comes to interactions with the child, listening, talking and playing while eliminating distractions, allows the child the opportunity to open up. Also, helping a child identify the emotions that are felt helps a lot.
Bonding with the child and physical care by the way of holding and hugging provides a sense of care and security to the child. Adequate sleep and a sufficient diet for the child are very important, as is exercise. The diet should ideally be low on sugar and must consist of good fats, like those from olive oil and fish.
Of late, are you experiencing suicidal thoughts as a result of some severe trauma or loss in life? Suicidal thoughts may arise because of several reasons when you lose yourself totally and feel that you are not worthy enough for living in the world anymore. Such thoughts lead many people into actually committing suicide. Hence, you have to deal with suicidal thoughts carefully and prevent anything bad from happening.
- Although you may feel like withdrawing yourself from all activities and socializing, it is important for you to talk to someone every day regarding your thoughts and what you are going through. Spend time with someone you trust. You can also call a crisis helpline and discuss your feelings.
- You have to develop an efficient safety plan. The plan must include the contact number of your doctor, friends and family who would help you during a crisis.
- Try to make a written schedule for yourself and follow it strictly. Keeping and maintaining a scheduled life is important for your mental health and will keep you diverted from suicidal or negative thoughts.
- Spend time in the sun and get into nature for at least one hour every day. This will help you to connect with something full of life and is important for eliminating suicidal tendencies.
- Daily exercise is also very important. You should exercise for 30 minutes every day. The bursts of activity and exertion will have a positive impact on your mind.
- You should devote your time for things which you like to do, but could never continue them in life. This will give you joy and a positive vibe, which is essential for fixing your mind.
- You should not forget about your personal goals. Think about the things you dreamt of doing, the places you planned to visit, and all the things in life you want to accomplish. This will bring back your hope of living in order to fulfill those goals.
- You should promise yourself not to do anything when you think of suicide. You need some distance between thoughts and actions. Promise yourself that you will not do anything stupid and will wait.
- Consuming alcohol and taking drugs can trigger your suicidal thoughts rapidly. Hence, you should not take these substances as an escape from your conflicting thoughts.
- It is also important for you to make your home safe. You should remove all the things, which you may use to hurt yourself such as knives, pills, razors or firearms. You should go to a safe place and avoid being alone when you experience suicidal thoughts.
Hello doctors, I want to share about my mother sickness. She was 42, from past 13 yrs, she was facing mental illness. Till last 2006, my mother was super mom, now she was unusable, actually had a fight with father till 2006. In 2006, they were ok, within six months something happened and my mother also was beaten by father. Some local things happened, suddenly mom thoughts have changed, I can't allocate here, she was admitted to Govt. Mental care hospital in 2006. One month later she was discharged, a few months later, the same things happened repeatedly, multiple times she was admitted. She talks herself, scolding, self-laughing. Shouting. now, doctors prescribed olan10 mg (2 pieces) and respidon 2 mg, no change in her, and lost her strength and abilities. Here the situation I can't explain properly. Now it's 2019, until no change in her. I am a poor, self-education. It is not for myself, it is for my mother, can help anyone, please?
How much time to grow a brain tumour. And showing its symptoms. I am suffering from health anxiety due to this disease I have MRI brain in January and the report was normal. But after that, I again scared that I got a tumour after MRI in 5 months So, please convey me. Can I relax that it is not growing in a few months or I have to do me again.
Hi, My wife is a bipolar disorder patient she has been prescribed benadon 40 mg 3 thrice a day. She is on lithium 1200 mg per day Is it safe.
My mother aged about 72 years is experiencing memory loss and abnormal behaviour. In MRI test there are (1) Diffuse cerebral atrophy (2) Moderate chronic micriangiographic ischemic change in her. Her TSH is 7.56.In your opinion what is the disease and what are the chances of her recovery. Whether she can be cured completely or not and what is the role of medications now?
I am getting bad dreams often. L got lucid dreams, molesting dream or something negative things. Is it an issue. My friend is asking me to consult a physiologist as I have anxiety issue and panic attack. But I do not think it is necessary. Please suggest me.
Hi, I am suffering from stress, depression and mental tension, for which I cannot sleep nor concentrate on my job. Its due to one sided love to a girl who is rejecting me. I always keeps thinking of her, even I see her in dreams. Please help me to get out of this problem and I do not want to think of her. Since last 5 days, I am taking Amixide H, daily one tablet at night. My weight is also decreasing day by day. Please suggest us.
Is there any link between diabetes and anxiety disorders? Does presence of diabetes worsen anxiety disorder symptoms?
Could Your Mood Swings Be Cyclothymia?
Cyclothymia is a type of a mood disorder which is relatively light or mild in nature. If you are suffering from this condition, then you will experience extreme mood swings for very short periods of time. During these mood swings, you may experience a low period (depressed mood) or a high period when you are extremely happy.
There is no set or structured pattern for the highs and lows that you will experience during this condition. This feature of the disease makes it more difficult to detect and diagnose. The duration of your mood swings usually last just for a few days but can also be extended up to a few weeks. So, the only sign of identifying this medical condition is that if you are not having a normal mood for an extended period of time then you should consult a specialist doctor to enquire more about the condition.
Though there are no special symptoms of this disorder, the usual signs of mild depression and hypomania can be a possible symptom of Cyclothymia.
Some of them are:
- Hypomanic symptoms
- Racing thoughts
- Minimal sleep
- Excessive talking
- Extreme optimism
- Being happy without any reason
- Unnecessary fear
- Concentration difficulties
- Abnormal weight changes
The mood swings that you experience during this situation do not get better with time or vanish automatically. So it is always desirable that you seek some medical assistance from a specialist doctor on seeing the symptoms of either hypomania or depression.
This does not always hold true but you might also start to experience suicidal thoughts if you also have a bipolar I or II disorder along with cyclothymia. So, if any such thoughts appear in your mind, then you should seek immediate medical assistance.
Related Tip: Do People Really Suffer from Mood Disorders?