Wilson's Disease Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Treatment of Mellitus
Treatment Of Maxillofacial Trauma
Liver Problems Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Treatment Of Liver Diseases
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Treatment of Gastritis
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Acute Pancreatitis Treatment
Submit a review for siddharthYour feedback matters!
For most people, putting on weight is easy, but losing excess weight can be quite a struggle. Obesity is one of the most common lifestyle ailments today and can trigger a number of health problems, including diabetes and cardiovascular diseases. It also affects your emotional health and self confidence.
Patience and perseverance are crucial when it comes to weight loss. Ayurveda can be very helpful in losing and regulating weight. Ayurveda is not only an alternative to harmful medicines, but also a lifestyle that includes a healthy diet and regular exercise. Here are a few ayurvedic herbs and preparations that can help you achieve a healthy body weight.
- Ginger: Ginger is rich in chemicals that control the oxidation of fatty acids and regulates cholesterol metabolism. Thus, it suppresses fat accumulation and regulates cholesterol levels in the body. It also helps cleanse the colon thus, aiding in the digestion process. Ginger also increases the body heat and blood flow that helps the body burn fat faster.
- Lemon infused water: Water infused with lemon juice and a spoon of honey on an empty stomach can help detox the body and boost metabolism. The lemon acid slows down the digestion process and help the body absorb nutrients that regulate blood sugar levels and keep you satiated for longer after a meal. In addition to this, lemon water also helps stimulate liver functioning and aids in the removal of waste from the body.
- Guggul: Guggul is a resin extract that is also known as the ‘fat killer’. It has lipid lowering properties that help lower cholesterol levels by speeding up the degradation of cholesterol and reducing the production of cholesterol in the liver. It also increases the amount of thyroid hormones produced that boost metabolism and help burn fat.
- Vrikshamla: Vrikshamla is rich in hydroxy citricacis that helps inhibit the accumulation of fat in the body. It also helps modulate the activities of genes that effect fat synthesis and can prevent the development of visceral fat tissues. Vrikshamla is also rich in serotonin that reduces the tendency to overeat by keeping a person feeling satiated for longer.
- Nigella sativa: This is better known as black cumin, onion seeds or kalonji. These tiny black seeds help lower blood sugar levels that can control your appetite and reduce carbohydrate cravings. It also stimulates the burning of fat and increases metabolism. By enhancing the functioning of the liver, it also helps the body get rid of waste and toxins. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I am undergone total hip replacement. Which exercise I shud follow to get back to normal life .what precautions I have to take. I feel little numbness around ankle area. Please advice.
The answer is unfortunately. Yes!
Meningitis, sometimes referred as spinal meningitis, is an inflammation of the membranes surrounding the brain and spinal cord. Usually caused by a viral infection, but it can also be caused by a bacterial or fungal infection.
Among pediatric patients admitted for treatment of sinusitis, 3.2% were found to have an intracranial complication. Infection of the sphenoid sinuses, however, merits concern. These thin-walled sinuses develop late in childhood, and their deep location places them adjacent to the dura mater and other critical structures.
Sphenoid sinusitis is identified in approximately 3% of cases of acute sinusitis, typically in the context of pansinusitis. Significant development of the sphenoid sinuses does not begin until age 4 to 6 years, thus, sphenoid sinusitis is restricted.
Viral infection causes most cases of spinal meningitis. Viral meningitis is usually mild and heals without treatment. Bacterial meningitis is more severe and requires treatment with antibiotics. Streptococcus pneumoniae and neisseria meningitidis are strains of bacteria that cause pneumococcus and meningococcus meningitis respectively.
It can be life threatening condition owing to its proximity to brain and spinal cord and infective media is the fluid surrounding them.
• Lumbur puncture – csf examination (cell count, glucose, proteins) and culture
• Blood culture
• Chest x ray
• CT scan of head and nose – pns
• MRI brain
Symptom checker in meningitis secondary to sinusitis:
• Fever (92%)
• Headache (85%)
• Nausea, vomiting (62%)
• Altered consciousness (31%)
• Seizure (31%)
• Hemiparesis (23%)
• Visual disturbance (23%)
• Meningismus (23%)
Conclusion and quick pearls:
• Complications that are less common with antibiotics
• Orbital (cellulitis, abscess)
• Intracranial (subdural empyema, thrombosis of cavernous sinus)
• Bony osteomyelitis.
• Can result in drastic sequelae
• Drain abscess and open involved sinuses
• Ent surgical involvement – functional endoscopic sinus surgery
- Usually amenable with medical treatment
- Drain sinuses if no improvement after 48 hours
• Ophthalmology check up
• Neurosurgery intervention
A low index of suspicion is necessary for early diagnosis and treatment of sphenoid sinusitis, orbital complications and prevention of intracranial complications including meningitis.
Hi doctor! My age is 30. When am exposing to sun, am getting severe headache, vomiting and unconsciousness for just 3 to 4 secs. After that myself getting in to consciousness. What is the problem? Can you please tell me the answer clearly.
Stretch Marks are long, limit streaks, stripes or lines that create on the skin; and which vary in shade from the encompassing skin. They are the consequence of a sudden extending of the skin and are to a great degree normal. Anybody can create extend marks, in spite of the fact that they tend to influence a greater number of women than men do.
Stretch Marks can be obvious on body parts including the tummy, thighs, hips, bosoms, upper arms, and lower back. The stretch marks frame in the center layer of the skin; when there is a consistent stretch, the layer tears, leaving stretch marks.
This kind of scarring happens when the skin cannot skip back after a time of exceptional development, be that because of pregnancy, weight pick up, or amid adolescence. Extraordinary weight reduction can likewise make stretch marks more obvious, and some extend marks emerge accordingly of intense injury influencing the skin, (for example, a pile up when vigorously pregnant).
Stretch Marks are generally a somewhat red or purple shade in the first place, blurring with time to shimmering white lines that could possibly vanish.
Quick actualities on Stretch Marks
Here are some key focuses about Stretch Marks. More detail and supporting data is in the fundamental article. The pervasiveness of Stretch Marks ranges from 40-90%, contingent upon race, age and sex. Both genders are influenced; by Stretch Marks. Around 70% of young women create Stretch Marks amid adolescence. Around 40% of young men create Stretch Marks amid adolescence.
Stretch Marks can happen amid pregnancy, pubescence, after quick weight pick up, amid different medicinal conditions and in the wake of utilizing certain drugs. Stretch Marks regularly show up after the 25th week of pregnancy.
Regular territories for Stretch Marks to emerge incorporate the midriff, bosoms, hips, flank, hindquarters and thighs. Stretch Marks are more typical in youthful pregnant women. Cocoa spread is not successful in counteracting Stretch Marks.
Laser treatment has demonstrated powerful for stretch check expulsion.
What are Stretch Marks?
Stretch Marks are likewise called striae distensae, SD, striae, striae atrophicans and striae gravidarum. They are dermal scars or deforming injuries described by straightening and decay (squandering or degeneration) of the epidermis (the peripheral layer of the skin).
Stretch Marks are direct, smooth groups on the skin, that contingent upon skin shading, can show up as red or purple and which blur after some time to leave shiny pale marks.
Happening in 40-90% of women, Stretch Marks seem taking after fast rehashed over-stretch of the skin over powerless connective tissue.
The most widely recognized zones influenced are
Skin changes are normal in pregnancy with extend marks happening in more than 70% of pregnant women, as a rule following 25 weeks of gestation.
Stretch Marks are not medicinally; unsafe but rather can be a reason for stylish concern and tension. For a few people, Stretch Marks are such a huge restorative worry, to the point that they influence nature of life. They can distort, bringing on enthusiastic and mental misery, particularly amid pubescence, the last phases of pregnancy (when they are most noticeable), in the postnatal period where they seem pale, or after noteworthy weight loss.
This kind of dermatological scarring is especially testing and has a tendency to happen with
- Rapid weight pick up
- Numerous therapeutic conditions
- Certain remedial mediations
Preparatory research in women experiencing a moment Caesarian segment has uncovered that the more noteworthy the seriousness of Stretch Marks in pregnancy the more probable it is that intraperitoneal bonds are available, which may convolute the second C-area or other stomach surgery.
Intraperitoneal attachments were available in half of those with extreme striae gravidarum, 30% of those with mellow stretch marks, and less than 1 in 10 (9.1%) of those with no Stretch Marks. Hormones are created amid pregnancy that; mellow pelvic tendons and increment their adaptability. Hormones likewise relax skin filaments, giving an expanded danger of Stretch Marks.
Stretch Marks show up on the midriff as the infant develops and it happens once in the skin covering the thighs and bosoms.
The body experiences quick development cycles amid adolescence, which can bring about the improvement of Stretch Marks. In people, Stretch Marks checks ordinarily emerge on the shoulders and back, while females commonly create Stretch Marks blemishes on the hips, thighs and bosoms.
Quick weight pick up
Stretch Marks may likewise emerge if a man puts on weight quickly, for example, when jocks and competitors drastically increment bulk over a brief timeframe.
Hi sir I am suffering from migraine and taking medicine every night from past one month. Can I donate blood?
Fell from table and got hurt on the heel on both legs It does not show fracture but the blood clot and it pains badly.
I am diabetic. nephrectomy left kidney. Hypertension. Replaced cataract both eyes. I am 58 years old. Working in Saudi Arabia. I have hemorrhoids total 9 nos internal and external since 35 yrs. Needing some time. No pain. Constipation. Surgeon doctor advised me to do surgery which only the option left. 3rd stage. Please advise and assist me the latest treatment to get rid of these piles out. Thanks
Having blood pressure 144/94 pulse 94 Age 63, feeling numbness and sudden cold and hot feeling having acute gastric problem. Kindly advise.
I want to have a flat belly. please suggest me what to do for that in case of diet. I am doing workout for belly for last 1.5 months but the result is negligible. So please please suggest me what to do. What to eat. When to eat. And what should be my diet plan. Eagerly waiting for a reply.
I am 18 years old male. I am suffering from grey hair for last two year. Can I remove grey hair. please help me.
Sir, I am preparing for CA final exam and I am sleeping only 3 hours a day will it will effect to my health I am doing it from 3 months.
I am 17 having urine infection. And feels too much pain while urination sometimes. What can be the cause of pain.
Sir. Bone and joints ko strong krne ke liye kaun si tablet jyada achi hogi? Jisse ki bone and svi joints majbut ho jaye. Meri age 23 h.
My friend (girl) aged 28 years having the problem of shoulder frozen, she has regular pain & stiffness in shoulders, pls suggest the treatment to cure it permanently.
Having a foreign object stuck inside a child’s ear or nose is an issue many parents encounter, especially while their child is a toddler. At the early developmental stages, it’s natural for children to be curious and attempt such things. It is also quite common for children as well as adults to get insects caught inside their nose or ear. In situations such as this, it’s best not to worry, as people tend to aggravate the situation when they panic.
The first thing you should try if you have any foreign object stuck inside your nose is to blow your nose. Be careful not to push too hard so as to not risk injury. Often children will be able to expel foreign objects from their nose only when asked to blow their nose.
If the foreign object in question is not stuck up the nose, but up the ear, or if blowing your nose has not helped, you should try and remove the object with a pair of clean tweezers. Do not try to use household items other than tweezers, as they might push the object further up the cavity. Do keep in mind to have someone help you while removing foreign objects from your own ear as well as to keep in mind to be extra careful not to be too harsh as you might puncture your ear drum. If the foreign object is stuck up your child’s nose or ear and they refuse to keep still, it’s best to take them to a professional.
What can an ENT specialist do?
If you have a foreign object stuck in your nose or ear and can’t get it out easily, it’s safest to go to the doctor rather than risk hurting yourself or your child. An Ear-Nose-Throat Specialist can use a local anesthetic to numb the area and use their expertise to better navigate the cavity and remove the object from the ear or nose. If the object is too far up the nose to reach, the ENT Specialist can administer medication to induce a nosebleed which will naturally dislodge the object from the cavity without having to insert anything into it.
When faced with problems such as a foreign object stuck in the ear or nasal cavity, it’s best to consult a professional as soon as possible instead of leaving the problem untouched for a long duration of time, as activities such as sniffing or scratching may further aggravate the issue.
Colitis is characterized by an inflammation of the large intestine (colon). It is generally caused due to reduced blood supply, autoimmune reactions (wherein the immune system erroneously starts attacking the body’s healthy tissues) and infections in the large intestine.
Symptoms of colitis
1. Presence of blood traces in the stool.
2. Acute colitis can itself be a symptom of hemorrhoids (inflamed and swollen veins in the anus or the rectum)
3. Tenesmus (constant urge to empty the bowels) is also quite common
4. Occurrence of abdominal pain in regular intervals, thus resulting in diarrhea
5. Constant abdominal pain
6. Fever and sudden chills throughout the day
Types of colitis
1. Inflammatory bowel disease: This condition is characterized by inflammation of the intestines or all the parts of one’s digestive tract
2. Microscopic colitis: This involves inflammation of the large intestine (colon), resulting in a cramping sensation that can be painful
3. Chemical colitis: This condition is caused due to prolonged exposure to certain harsh chemicals which results in intestinal swelling and inflammation
4. Ischemic colitis: The most common form of colitis, this occurs mainly due to an insufficient blood supply to the large intestine
5. Infectious colitis: Caused due to certain bacterial or parasitic infections
Treatment for colitis
1. Medications such as acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be recommended to ease the pain
2. The drug ‘Loperamide’ can control the diarrhea. However, this should not be consumed if there is presence of blood in the stool
3. Colitis reduces your appetite. Thus, it is important to maintain a healthy diet in this regard. Avoid consuming dairy products or high fiber foods because they further inflame the large intestine.
4. Colectomy (surgically removing a part of the whole of the colon) is recommended in the most severe of cases.
Diabetes is an abnormal condition where the sugar-levels in humans are higher than usual. Ayurveda can be used efficiently in treating this condition. In Ayurvedic terms, Madhumeha is the allopathic treatment of diabetes. In Indian terms, diabetes is known to the common man as Prameha, which is said to be divided into 3 major types – Kapha, Pitta and Vata. Lack of exercise and intake of food having excess of snigdha, ushna and guru types are said to be the chief cause of prameha.
Along with drugs and medications, Ayurveda stresses on the importance of a balanced diet and exercise. The management modules that can be categorized are:
- Vyaayam (Exercise)
- Panchakarma (Procedures for Bio-purification)
- Pathya (Regulation in diet)
- The use of therapy (Medications)
The individual’s constitution highly affects the ayurvedic treatment of prameha. Some of them are:
- Obstruction in srothus
- Ahara and Vihara
- Dosha predominance of disease
- Hereditary factors
- The prakrithi of the patient
- Manasika Prakrithi
- Dooshya vitiation
Management of diabetes can be done using a variety of herbs. Some of them are:
- Eugenia jambolana (Jamun beej churna)
- Pterocarpus marsupium (Vijaysar churna)
- Ficus bengalensis (Nyagrodha twaka churna - banyan tree bark)
- Momordica chirantia Karvellaka (Karella – Bitter Gourd)
- Kirat tikata (Chirayata)
- Embelica officinalis (Amla)
It is possible that certain patients are unable to respond to insulin or hypoglemic medicines. In this case, an ayurvedic physician may prescribe some ayurvedic drugs such as:
- Dhatri Nisha
- Chandraprabha vati
- Vasant kusumakar rasa
Diabetes is not just a lack of insulin. It is most probable cause is plain poor maintenance of your body. It 's cure will need to include all of these things discussed. By doing all, diet, herbs, exercise and stress management, you can certainly take care of your Diabetes.
As an ancient science based on lifestyle related treatment methods that include herbs, massages and life changing tweaks, Ayurveda also provides various methods of managing this ailment. Here's how!
- Bitter Gourd: Known as an ingredient that is rich in antioxidants, this can be consumed to take care of diabetes. You will need to first remove the peel of at least four to five bitter gourds before crushing them to create a paste. This paste has to be put through a sieve so that the juice of the gourds can be extracted. You will then have to drink this juice every morning, on an empty stomach.
- Cinnamon: From treating coughs and colds to diabetes and other serious ailments, this is a wonder spice that can be found in most Indian kitchens. You can start by boiling a litre of water and letting it simmer on the gas for about twenty minutes. Thereafter, you can add three teaspoons of cinnamon powder to this simmering water. Strain this mixture and drink the entire batch every day to clear out the toxins.
- Fenugreek Seeds: For this, you will need to take about four to five tablespoons of fenugreek seeds. These will have to be soaked in a glass of water or about 250ml of water, overnight. In the morning, the softened seeds will need to be crushed before the mixture is strained. The water that escapes should be collected and ingested every day for a period of two months.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a powerful and well-known ingredient that is used for curing and managing many ailments. You will need to mix about half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with one teaspoon of amla powder as well as half a tablespoon of methi seeds or fenugreek seeds powder. This concoction will have to mixed in half a glass of water and taken daily on an empty stomach. This can be used by patients suffering from heart ailments as well.
- Diet: Cereals like ragi, corn, kulit, green millet, and barley are known to beneficial for patients suffering from diabetes. Leafy greens are also a must for such patients along with protein-rich foods like soya beans.