Stitching of Wounds
Post Exposure Prophylaxis for Hiv
Dressings of Wounds
Removal of Stitches
Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
Health Screening for Women
Health Check Up
Health Screening for Men
So you've decided to straighten your teeth and get a great smile that too naturally but the road to a brilliant smile comes with a guide map and here are some of the key stops.
1. Keep them clean
While braces are a great tool that work on natural teeth with no side effects, caring for braces is extremely essential in order to ensure that you don't end up with any post orthodontic dental work.
Braces be it metal or ceramic tend to accumulate food and in turn cause cavities or stains. A lot of people suffer from post braces unnecessary treatments only because they couldn't keep them clean.
2. Know what foods to avoid
Wherever you are in your braces journey remember when you started you were warned about a bunch of things you have to stop eating and drinking. That memory maybe fading away but the truth is the dietary restrictions need to be followed atleast to a certain extent if you want the braces off on schedule.
Foods like pizzas, sticky candies or biting into anything from your front teeth is a strict no as it'll cause the front braces to come off and besides interrupting the treatment you may also end up hurting yourself.
Sodas should be avoided as they cause the braces glue to dissolve and they come off your teeth earlier than we would want.
3. Bracket breaks
The system of braces is basically individual brackets that are placed on your teeth to move them and a wire that engages all these brackets together.
A common occurrence with braces is the brackets come off or break if you're not careful. When this happens it's like a derailing a machine everything comes to a standstill and its very important to get this fixed at the earliest for the treatment to continue efficiently.
Bracket breakage can be prevented by maintaining dietary precautions, efficient brushing and avoiding trauma to the face.
4. Be on the lookout for pain or blisters
Although less common now there's an occasional chance of slight pain or ulceration after braces are placed in the mouth for the first time. Our body is getting used to a large foreign object and it may react by rejecting the areas that hurt and forming an ulcer which may last a few days and settle.
The pain sensation of tightness and tooth movement can be eased with a mild anti inflammatory or pain killer on the first appointment if need be.
5. Don't miss appointments
Missing your regular dental appointment is bad enough but your orthodontic (braces) appointment is the most important day of the month for you. Skipping or missing this appointment disrupts the schedule of tooth movement and you may delay an already prolonged treatment procedure.
So if you want that brilliant smile be as soon as possible follow the steps above and you will breeze through your orthodontics treatment without a snag!
Hello doctor, I am 23 and suffering from constipation or incomplete bowl evacuation for the past 3 years. I have tried everything from fibre, water to laxatives but nothing worked and I am totally afflicted now. I have a general query that is there any type of treatment or therapy that can get back me to life?
I am 38 years old I am suffering by IgA nephropathy (Minimal Change disease) for last five years. I was advised to take defza 40 mg alternate days tablet previously by the nephrology doctor at trivendram. Now I am unable to consult him and find another one at nagercoil and taken tests found that my albumin level in urine is 24 hrs urinal protein is 1500 mg/l. Now I am advised to take less tablet and vitamin protein tablet. Which shall I follow other tahn albumin imy kidney function are normal.(creatine and all are normal)
Sir how to increase quantity of platelets in blood. Last week I am suffering from viral fever and in blood checkup my platelets were low it is 104000. Now I am healthy but still I have an doubt that I have low platelet s. How can I increase my platelets in blood naturally thank you.
How much NCCT (abdomen )and urine kidney function cost and. Is my kidney swollen. As I have told ultra sounds shows hydronephrosis and hydroureter. Well I just had ultra sound and KUB X-ray n some 1 told me that I have hydronephrosis n hydroureter .n which means I have fluid is increasing in my right kidney well. Is that true?
My wife's blood report shows ESR is 50 as compared to reference range i.e. Between 5-20. Please advise how serious is the ESR>
I am suffering form cold inspire of season. I have allergies problem .please help me out with suitable instructions to come out of this problem.
I have been suffering from cold, sneezing, running nose, stuffiness etc. The doctors say its some allergy. They treat me for one month. The problem subsides for about a week and again it crops up. I am 65 years old. The problem start early in the morning and stays for about 2- 3 hours every day in the morning hours.
Hi sir I have appendicitis what diet should I follow and taking treatment now. And how to prevent it.
What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a common skin disease characterized by thickened patches of inflamed, red skin covered with thick, silvery scales. The elbows and knees are the most common areas affected by psoriasis. It will often appear in the same place on both sides of the body. The patches can range in size from smaller than a dime to larger than a hand.
Description of Psoriasis-
Normally, skin cells mature and shed after about a month. In psoriasis, the cell maturation speeds up, taking only three to four days. Because the lower layer of skin cells divide more rapidly than normal, dead cells accumulate in thicker patches on the skin's outermost layer called the 'Epidermis'.
Forms & Classifications-
Psoriasis occurs in a variety of forms that differ in their intensity, duration, location, shape and pattern of scales. The most common forms are:
- Plaque Psoriasis: Plaque psoriasis is the most common form of psoriasis. It is characterized by raised, inflamed, red lesions covered with a silvery-white buildup of dead skin cells (scales). This is found primarily on the Body, elbows, knees, scalp and finger or toe nails.
- Guttate Psoriasis: Guttate psoriasis occurs most frequently in children and is characterized by numerous small, red, drop-like scaly macules that develop rapidly over a wide area of skin. This may appear following an infection, most frequently strep throat.
- Inverse Psoriasis: Inverse psoriasis occurs in the armpit, under the breast, in skin folds, around the groin, in the cleft between the buttocks and around the genitals. It is usually pink and irritated but lacks the thick scale seen in other forms of psoriasis.
- Pustular Psoriasis: Pustular psoriasis is a rare form characterized by small pustules (whitehead-like lesions) found all over the body or confined all over the body or confined to the palms, soles and other isolated areas of the body.
Some dermatologists classify psoriasis as mild, moderate, or severe- Mild psoriasis is considered to be scaling over less than 5-10 percent of the body, moderate psoriasis is considered to be scaling over 10 to 20 percent of the body and severe psoriasis is considered to be scaling more than 20 percent of the body.
In 5 percent of all psoriasis sufferers, arthritis will develop. This condition is called psoriatic arthritis. Arthritis is inflammation of a joint, usually accompanied by pain, swelling and changes in joint structure.
The underlying psoriasis cause is unknown; however, it can be genetically inherited or passed from generation to generation. Most researchers agree that the Auto Immunity is somehow mistakenly triggered, which speeds up the growth cycle of skin cells. Psoriasis can be triggered by a number of factors, such as stress, climate changes, streptococcal or HIV infection, superficial wounds, physical illness, or taking certain drugs such as lithium, beta-blockers such as propranolol, quinidine (Heart medication) or antimalarial medications.
Homeopathy is preferred over other methods due to the reason that it does not entail any side effects. Instead of suppressing inflammation like other methods of treatment, it aims to cure the root cause of the disease. Yes, psoriasis can be cured permanently through constitutional Homeopathy treatment but the question is how can a patient know whether eruptions are disappearing for permanently or temporarily?
Permanent Cure takes place as follows:
Cure is taken place from Upward to downwards and Center to periphery. First, the cracks come down with arresting of blood coming out from it. After that, the eruption on scalp comes down, if the scaling is thick it becomes gradually thin and then becomes powdery and with time, the scaling disappears totally. After that, eruptions on face and body come down, and at same time eruptions in hands & legs may increase with itching. Eruptions on elbows reduce, after sometime eruptions near to hands, also reduce. While eruptions on legs itches more. However, eruptions on legs also get disappeared. During the total process of cure, you will feel sleepy, and the bowel movement will be regular, sometimes there may be loose stools as well. The various homeopathic remedies that are used to treat psoriasis: Lycopodium, Sulphur, Pulasatilla, Staphysagria, Graphitis, sepia, Arsenic alb, Natrum mur etc.
I am suffering body heat and when I wake up in morning and go for toilet my urine is yellow from two years.
If have digestion problem. My stomach is bloated. Not able to easily digest food like milk, egg etc. I have constipation. I am suffering from it for around 9 years. What should I do?
From this saturday I am facing stomach problem as I have t go to toilet thrice or four times a day but at the time of doing stools its very painful. I had sex with many females without using condom. So wats the problem I am facing. Os there any chances of AIDS. As I am getting low fever from inside having sometime itching to my body. Please advise.
He take Hifenac p medicine by the doctor consult. But after taking this he sweating very much. Its a side effect of medicine?
I have tonsils problem from long time .when I take antibiotics so I relieve but is there something for long time effect.
STDs or diseases that spread due to the exchange of bodily fluids and most of them are treatable in nature, but one should get them treated as soon as poosible and should not ignore them as them can turn fatal as well. And, yes STDs can also spread without having sex. Some of the most common way of getting STDs without penetrative intercourse is mentioned below.
The most common way of contracting Sexually transmitted disease without sexual intercourse is:
1. Pucker up: Kissing can also cause STDs. Infections can be transmitted through the saliva if you swap your spit. Diseases like Mononucleosis and STD’s like herpes can be transmitted through kissing. This can cause cold sores and infections in the mouth.
2. Oral sex: If a person has an STD, he or she can easily transmit the disease to their partner by having oral sex. During oral sex, fluids from the genitals can flow to the mouth and vice versa. For example STDs caused by herpes simplex virus 2 can be easily transferred by oral sex. Chlamydia can also be transferred by oral sex. This can cause infections and immense discomfort in your throat. STDs can be prevented by wearing a condom or using a dental dam during oral sex.
3. Contaminated foods: You can also develop STD like Hepatitis A from food which is contaminated. If a person infected with an STD prepares your meal without washing his or her hand after using the restroom, it can easily contaminate your meal thus, transmitting the disease.
4. Touching bases: Skin to skin contact or indirect contact with a person who already has an STD can make you prone to contracting STDs. It can be caused by using an unwashed sex toy with an infected person and also with hand to genital contact.
5. Tanning salons: STDs can be easily spread from person to person by means of a tanning bed. If the surface of the tanning bed is contaminated by someone who has STDs, the risk of developing an STD increases for the next person who ends up using the same bed.
6. Razors and syringes: Sharing a razor or anything which pierces or cuts the skin is an easy and common cause behind contracting an STD. If the razor cuts the skin of an infected person and is contaminated with blood, the next person using that razor can develop STD due to blood contact. The same may be said of a syringe where users share them. Many people, especially drug users shared common syringes which resulted in large scale transmission of HIV.
Though it is really quite embarrassing to discuss sex with teens, but it is very much essential so that they can get the right details. Parents and teachers should take the initiative of providing detailed sex education to teens.
In fact, nowadays, most of the modern schools are organizing sex-education as one of the primary subjects so that teens can come to know about the fundamentals of sex life. This education or knowledge is required so that the teens can maintain a completely healthy and hygienic sex life in future. Though this task is pretty challenging, but it can save the life of your child.
What are the major components of sex education?
Need for sex: The teens should know about the necessity of having sex and this is of greater importance. On the other hand, this aspect is treated as one of the most focused elements of sex education. Sex is a natural human desire and this desire need not be hidden or suppressed.
Knowledge about sexual arousal: The teens should have knowledge about sexual arousal. The reasons for sexual arousal should be explained in detail so that the sexual need can be properly understood. In this regard, the viewpoint of teens should also be asked, in order to make out as to whether they are getting the facts behind sexual desire or not.
Open discussion: You should not conceal any facts about sex rather you should openly discuss the same with teens so that they feel free and can come up with their queries. You got to explain when and how sex is needed and how human health can be maintained by doing sexual interactions. Only scientific and logical explanations should be given so that the teens can have a clear conception rather than acute confusion.
Solving various questions: There are some common questions that are related to sex life and those questions are to be discussed thoroughly so that the teens can get proper understanding. The answers need to be illustrated properly for removing unwanted confusions from the minds of the teens.
Organizing special sex programs: Different useful programs or events are organised so that the teens can grab innumerable details about the sex life. The major aspects are focused and explained by professional experts. These kinds of sex oriented programs are highly suitable for both parents and their teenage kids.