Doctor in Physio Clinic
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Home Care Physiotherapy
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Treatment Of Accident Injuries
Submit a review for Physio ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I remember, I read an article of Dr Priyanka Tyagi in the paper and made contact. Thanks to her I am much better now. Dr Priyanka Tyagi is well aware about innovative techniques to treat problems. I must say the hygiene was maintained very nicely in the dr Priyanka TyagiThe complete process of foot pain treatment was so painless and quick, and i am so relieved that I chose to consult her. The dr Priyanka Tyagi was equipped with various facilities. Priyanka Tyagi is really like god send person. The symptoms were severe and unmanageable, as I was suffering from foot pain, but my Priyanka Tyagi was able to handle it.
I was having this pain treatment, but the symptoms were not very visible. Thanks to the expert care and guidance, I feel much better than before. I was admitted to the Dr Priyanka Tyagi in case of emergency, but not once did any of the nurses panicked. My boss referred me this Priyanka Tyagi. I am really grateful as her pain treatment has give me a ray of hope. I was having this pain treatment, but the symptoms were not very visible. I have consulted so many doctors , but no one was able to solve my pain treatment. Priyanka Tyagi doesn't just randomly prescribes medicines, but first properly diagnoses the problem.
Dr Priyanka Tyagi is very calm and composed, but is also a very understanding doctor. In order to diagnose my problem completely she asked me a number of questions. I was shocked to experience the symptoms of body weaknessthe overall atmosphere in the dr Priyanka Tyagi is very soothing. the clinic is very nicely designed. It's been more than a year now, and I have noticed considerable change in myself. It's been so long, I have lost all hope, but then I met Priyanka Tyagi and I am hopeful again that I will be fine. I owe her a big thanks for making me fine again.
I was having this knee pain. Almost all doctors suggested surgery for it, but I did not wanted to go for it for my knee pain. Even in case of long queues, the staff was managing people in a very positive manner. A friend of mine referred to Priyanka Tyagi. She is very courteous and behaves very aptly with elder patients. With great ease Priyanka Tyagi explained us the problem and how the treatment will be carried out. I had lost hope, but the knee pain treatment given by Priyanka Tyagi has helped me regain my confidence.
Even though it's been more than a year, still if I sometimes feel pain and call her, Dr Priyanka Tyagi still takes my call in case of any emergency. It's been more than a year that I was experiencing leg pain when I took her treatment. Even in case of emergency, the staff is always willing to help. No matter how critical be the situation, she is always very calm.
I took a treatment to increase stamina . The entire clinic is very nicely designed. So many doctors I consulted, but Dr Priyanka Tyagi's treatment was the best. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. Overall increase stamina treatment was very effective.
I received a knee pain treatment from Dr Priyanka . I am amazed that she is such a sweet doctor, even though she is so busy all the time. Almost all doctors suggested surgery for it, but I did not wanted to go for it for it.
respected dr. priyanka madam,good morning. i read your guidannce about sitting in good posture to avoid affeted by muscle or back pain, these advices are very fruitful, i will follow them caarefully. thanks .
dr Priyanka Tyagi gave me a Perfect treatment and perfect result for my arthritis treatment by her. Very happy with it. Thumbs up for her. She is available at dr Priyanka Tyagi in Delhi
I was suffering from acute back pain. Dr Priyanka not only helped me with the therapy but also gave some tips to stay healthy. i owe her a big thank for overall treatmnet she offered.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Priyanka Tyagi to be very helpful, well-reasoned, caring, professional and practical. Thank you very much madam...
Thank you for helping my problem mam. Its very helpful for me. I am searching ur fb page but didnt find i want to see the more information from there
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Priyanka Tyagi to be knowledgeable. Thanks mam
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Priyanka Tyagi to be very helpful. Thanks
Cubital Tunnel Syndrome is also known as Ulnar Neuropathy, a nerve compression syndrome where the Ulnar nerve, also known as the funny bone nerve, gets compressed due to heightened pressure or stretching. It can lead to numbness or a tingling sensation in little and ring fingers, sometimes pain in forearm and an overall weakness in the hand. Ulnar nerve is one of the three main nerves in the arm. It runs in a groove on the inner side of the elbow. Since it travels through a narrow space and has very little protective tissue, the nerve is quite vulnerable to compression.
The symptoms of this condition may range from mild to severe. Some of the mild symptoms include:
- Numbness in little and ring finger as the fingers fall asleep
- A tingling sensation, usually like the pinch of pins and needles in ring and little finger
- Pain in forearm
- Weakness in the hand
- Some of the severe symptoms include:
- Reduction in overall hand grip
- A claw like deformity in hand
- Wasting of muscles of the hand
Bending elbow over a long period of time like while using cell phone or during sleep can cause ulnar nerve compression. Resting the elbow for a long period over a hard surface can also cause an irritation of the nerve, leading to such symptoms. In some cases, the nerve snaps back and forth over a bony bump, resulting in an irritated nerve. People who undertake intense physical activity, especially using their arms, are more likely to develop this problem. Eg. baseball pitchers. Apart from this, people who have suffered from a dislocated elbow or have arthritis are also at risk.
Generally, doctors diagnose this condition through the symptoms. However, nerve tests are also conducted to check the level of nerve compression. Electromyography is a procedure in which electrodes are placed on the skin and muscles to measure muscle health. Determining muscle health and level of compression helps decide the mode of treatment. Generally, the symptoms of cubital tunnel syndrome are managed through a conservative treatment. However, in cases of severe compression, surgery can be considered as an option to relieve pressure, moving nerve to the front of the elbow or removing a part of the bone.
For mild cases, a towel or a protective cover for elbow is recommended. The towel should be wrapped around the elbow loosely. An elbow splint can be worn at night to protect the elbow from being bent for long time.
How can a physical therapist help?
A physiotherapist has an essential role to play in treatment of this syndrome. A therapist can help the patient to learn ways of avoiding pressure to the nerve. After surgery, with restrictions of movement, a therapist can help achieve smooth recovery and movement of the elbow. Your physical therapist will determine the activities that bring on your symptoms. The recommendations at this point will be to avoid those activities for a time. Remember, the nerve is irritated and at times swollen. If the irritation and swelling are reduced, the symptoms should resolve.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Tuberculosis is a highly infectious and potentially fatal disease which primarily affects the lungs. It is highly contagious and can infect other people via the tiny water droplets released by an infected person while coughing or sneezing. Some strains of this disease have the potential to resist drugs, which are commonly used to cure tuberculosis.
Read more to find all about the different causes, symptoms, preventive measures and the treatment of tuberculosis:
- Symptoms: Tuberculosis, also known as TB, can be both latent and active. In latent condition TB is not contagious and it does not harm the infected person. But latent TB can change to an active form so treating it in its latent condition is highly advisable. Active TB can be diagnosed due to the prevalence of certain symptoms such as a cough, which lasts for more than 3 weeks, coughing up of blood, unintentional weight loss, chills, chest pain, loss of appetite and fever. Tuberculosis mainly affects the lungs, but can also affect your kidneys, brain and spinal cord.
- Causes: Tuberculosis in general is caused by infection. It spreads from person to person by ultra-small droplets, which an infected person releases while coughing or sneezing. Tuberculosis is highly contagious but it is not very easy to catch TB as the immune system of your body fights it off. Also if a patient of TB is under treatment, the person 's disease is no more contagious.
- Risk factors: Potentially everyone can be infected with TB but certain factors increase the chances of infection such as a weakened immune system, living in or travelling to certain areas and substance abuse. TB can also cause complications such as spinal and joint damage, liver or kidney problems and heart disorders.
- Treatment: Administering medical drugs is the most convenient way of treating TB. But TB is more persistent than normal bacterial infections and utmost care and caution must be taken to treat it. Completion of treatment is highly essential to fully cure TB. Some of the side effects of TB medication include loss of appetite, nausea or vomiting, dark urine and jaundice. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
You might be an elite athlete or just a commoner. There is always a possibility for you to develop back pain while carrying out your daily activities. You might not be aware, but regular activities—like sitting at the computer, running on the treadmill or simply crawling into your bed for a good night's sleep—can affect the health of your spine. You are always at the risk of damaging your spine. These damages lead to back pain. It has been found that faulty postures can cause back pain by causing straining of the back muscles, injuring the tendons and damaging the vertebrae or ligaments. Back pain can be caused due to the overuse of a particular activity or for undertaking a new activity. Besides all these possibilities, most people put the blame on their discs for back pain.
What Are The Discs?
The human spine is composed of 24 bony vertebrae. These are placed one on top of the other. There is a thin intervertebral disc between each vertebrae. These discs look like jam doughnuts. They are made up of a hard outer shell known as the annulus fibrosis. They have a soft, jelly-like inner core known as the nucleus pulposus. They are shock absorbers.
What Happens To The Discs When An Injury Occurs?
The jelly-like soft core in the discs can often get shifted as a result of the accident or injury. Thus, the discs become a reason behind back pain. The pain could be due to the problems with the disc while carrying out tasks like —
Symptoms Of Disc-Related Pain:
Symptoms tend to vary due to the nature of the injury and the damage caused. However, some common symptoms have been listed below:
Localised back pain
Pain in thighs, lower legs and feet
Numbness or muscular weakness
It is best to consult a doctor to know about the treatment needed for back pain related to disc. Initial treatment after detection of the problem includes the following ways:
Intake of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory and pain medication.
Application of heat and ice packs.
Home exercise program as suggested by the doctor.
Practicing of core and lumbar strengthening exercises.
One must stop movements that aggravate the pain and don’t take difficult physical activities. You must take adequate rest to set things right.
Do You Need Any Surgery?
It is not always needed for all disc related problems. Most issues with the disc vanish after a week. Surgery is sought only after nonsurgical treatments prove useless. The decision must be taken by a doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
Being flexible is not always about doing splits or doing some random bending. It is about achieving a level of mobility that will not hold you back from doing whatever you are able to do. Most people think that stretching or flexing your muscles and body as the first method to defend you from pain. But if stretching and flexing can be done correctly, it can lengthen one's muscles and give one relief from pains and aches. Stretching is also done to increase the functional range of one's joints and muscles. There are various ways by which one can stretch their muscles. However, the question which looms over here is which is the correct procedure and which is the wrong one.
The Wrong Vs the Right Way: Before discussing about the correct way, let us talk about the various wrong ways in which stretching can be done. The first rule is that if stretching is causing you pain or if it is hurting you, then you are probably taking it too far. A muscle needs to relax as much as possible, if it needs to stretch. If one is stretching so hard that he or she cannot relax then the muscle will not lengthen. Stretching should never be painful.
One should also avoid stretching for an insufficient length of time. Only a few seconds of stretching will not hold the therapeutic effects of stretching.
The following methods are few of the correct ways to stretch:
- Always start with the warm muscles. Warm your muscles by doing some aerobic movement or by applying heat with the help of a warm bath.
- After warming your muscles, monitor your level of discomfort. Let it go once you feel pain.
- Hold any stretch for at least 30 seconds.
Stretching the Correct Muscle: There are muscles, which need to be stretched and there are muscles, which should not be. So getting to know the correct muscles to be stretched is as important as knowing the correct procedure to stretch your muscles. Every muscle, which does not hurt should not be stretched. There are different types of muscles that cause pain like stiff, tight, short muscles and long muscles. Muscles that are tight should only be subjected to stretching. Stretching muscles that are too long is not a good idea.
Using Physiotherapists: Most people who cannot determine which muscle should be stretched and which should not be should consult a physiotherapist. Physiotherapists can quickly and easily diagnose muscular issues. They will also show ways to stretch which are most effective for particular needs.
Stretching should be made a part of one's life. It is a way by which one can become their healthiest self and avoid muscular imbalances.
Running is a sport that many people indulge in, on a daily basis. For many professional athletes, running is also a part of their job. While it may be an extremely fulfilling experience in sheer physical terms, it also has varied implications in the long run as far as the health of your bones, joints and muscles go. Also, runners are constantly at the risk of getting injured, which can lead to many complications. Read on to know how you can protect the same with these five tips to avoid injuries.
- Warming Up and Stretching: Many injuries can happen when you do not stretch before you indulge in a strenuous activity like running. Warming up should be done with the help of a quick brisk walk that should happen a few minutes before you start running. Also, when you are stretching, you should not hold your breath and do it slowly without rushing yourself. Avoid stretching your muscles when they are cold. The stretching exercises should happen after the warm up.
- Strengthening Exercises: It is important to indulge in good amount of exercises that will strengthen your quads, calves and feet so that your muscles are strong enough to support your weight while you run without putting undue pressure on the joints, which can succumb to injuries and fractures.Strengthening exercises are given to hamstring muscles as well.
- Weight: Managing your weight is one of the most important parts of the regimen for a runner. If you are taking up running professionally or if you are doing it as exercise, you must ensure that your weight is at a normal level as per your ideal BMI so that you do not end up putting pressure on your knees. A good diet and plenty of exercise will help in maintaining a good weight.
- Footwear: Your shoes are one of the most important aspects when you are running. You must choose shoes that have a good cushion or gel inside. Be sure to select shoes that are designed for runners specifically, so that the shoes take on the shape of your feet and give you good balance and motion even as the friction with the ground happens. The correct footwear will support the running motion and keep injuries at bay.
- Stride Length and Impact: It is imperative to practice the correct stride length and impact when your feet hit the ground as this is where injuries most commonly happen. You will need to ensure that you get professional help from a trainer so that you can gauge and accordingly practice your stride length in keeping with your frame so that the impact is minimal on the rest of the body and its joints. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.