Doctor in Pentamed Hospital
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Pentamed HospitalYour feedback matters!
Homoeopathy: the science of healing from within
The unique way of treatment optimises the patient's ability to heal its body, thus making homoeopathy universally applicable to all kinds of diseases.
A homoeopathic doctor has a different way of exploring the patient.
A homoeopathic-practitioner aims at an overall, comprehensive approach towards each one of its patients. An excellent homoeopathic practitioner not only should aim at taking steps in understanding and curing the disease, but also be learning about the patient's lifestyle, thought-processes, and psychological make-up that may affect the medical conditions. Homoeopathic physicians, like any other doctor, ask you about your health history, clinically examine you, and conduct investigations.
Keen to know you
A homoeopath may not only ask you questions about your physical health but also your mental health. There may be psychological treatments first, as homoeopathic doctors believe that it is crucial to know the psychological status of the patient; what is one going through in the personal life, and such aspects that affect the patient's medical conditions. The doctor will take a keen interest in knowing the patient as an individual, including the unique way in which the patient presents its symptoms.
Homoeopathic consultation includes questions about the person's lifestyle, eating habits, sleeping patterns, and approach towards a stressful situation. Considering all these factors, a homoeopath will select the most appropriate medicine that will stimulate the patient's ability to heal itself. This method helps a homoeopath to prescribe the medication in a particular potency. This medicine is either in pills/globules form or dilution in a liquid form.
Is homoeopathy capable of treating every disease?
Homoeopathy applies to all kinds of diseases, all acute as well as chronic conditions that can be treated with other medicines. May it be a simple cough and cold, urinary tract infection, or chronic diseases such as asthma, arthritis, pcod (polycystic ovary disease; affecting one in 10 women), diabetes, and many more.
Following is a list of diseases that homoeopathy can effectively treat:
- Infections: acute rhinitis (inflammation of the nose membrane), conjunctivitis, urinary tract infections, gastroenteritis, amoebiasis, and a few more.
- Pediatric illnesses: repeated respiratory tract infections, bronchitis, acute and chronic otitis media, and adenoid hypertrophy.
- Skin illnesses: urticaria, psoriasis, eczema, warts, and more.
- Female-specific disorders: menstrual irregularities, pcod, menopause related complaints, complaints during pregnancy and lactation.
- Disease of psychosomatic origin: a migraine, irritable bowel syndrome, and more.
Is there any specific age group? can a child be treated with homoeopathy?
For homoeopathic treatment, there is no specific age limit. You can be of any age and may simultaneously take some other treatment; homoeopathy has suitable solutions for your complaints. These medicines have no restrictions even during pregnancy and lactation whereas other medications may have.
Why should one choose a homoeopathic treatment over other pathies?
Homoeopathic medicines are tested on healthy human beings; repeated trials are conducted, before application in patients. These are safe medicines for patients, including during pregnancy and lactation.
These medicines are pleasant to taste and hence can be used for any generation; from infants to geriatric groups. Oftentimes, they are not costly and affordable to all. They have no side effects, and homoeopathy does not have any habit-forming medicines.
How does one know that the medicine has expired?
One cannot consume the medicine if the globules have changed their colour from white to yellow. If the drug in liquid form has changed its colour or has turned into sediments, it is considered as expired. On purchasing the new medicines, they may have a smell of alcohol as they are freshly medicated. This smell reduces with time, but do not worry the loss of alcohol-smell does not affect the medicine's power to cure a disease. Homoeopathic medicines need to be stored in a cool and dry place away from sunlight.
Hi Sir, I am 25 years old I have suffering from severe headache during headache my eyes will pain and when comes to more sunshine or any light it will increases please suggest what is the problem.
Red or bloodshot eyes occur when there is a dilation of the blood vessels on the white part of the eye, also called as sclera. One or both the eyes can experience redness which can be accompanied by itching, pain in the yes, eye-discharge, swelling in the eye and other symptoms.
Red eye is related to
- Subconjunctival haemorrhage- when one or more blood vessels on the sclera burst open
- Blephartis- a condition of inflamed eyelids
- When there is a red bump on the eye lid (Stye)
- Sometimes, using contact lenses also causes red-eye effect
Red eye appears because of several reasons such as;
What causes red-eye
- Cornea ulcer: If there is an untreated eye-wound then it might degenerate into a cornea ulcer. This medical condition is accompanied by eye pain, eye discharge and reduced vision. Corneal ulcers are life threatening so rush to a doctor if you suspect you are suffering from this disease.
- Ocular herpes: Caused by Type1 herpes simplex virus, this disease is viral in nature. Symptoms include sensitivity to light, eye pain, eye discharge, eye redness and swollen eyes. If left untreated, ocular herpes may lead to scarring of the cornea and partial blindness. In such cases, a corneal transplant may be needed.
- Uveitis: This medical condition refers to the inflammation of the middle layer of the eye. Unless treated in time, this may lead to cataract, detached retina, high ocular pressure and later a permanent loss of vision. Uveitis may be caused by eye infections, trauma or a systemic auto-immune disorder.
- Glaucoma: One of the main reasons behind red-eye is this medical condition. There is an increased pressure in the aqueous humor on the sclera in this condition and this leads to glaucoma. If you have a red-eye, are over 40 and have diabetes, then you must consult your doctor for treatment of glaucoma.
- Cold and flu: One of the most common reasons behind having a red-eye are cold and red flu. Infected and blocked sinuses are the underlying causes behind puffy and bloodshot eyes.
- Pregnancy: During pregnancy, there are changes in the hormonal levels and these lead to red and puffy eyes.
- Smoking and drinking: Did you know drinking also causes red eyes? That is so because alcohol in your bloodstream reduces the oxygen content in the blood vessels. As a result, they clump together and the eyes sport a red look for want of oxygen. Smoking also causes red eyes because the toxic smoke irritates the eyes.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi Sir, Can exercises and yoga really help to improve eye sight? If yes, then is it necessary to take medicine along with or only yoga or exercise can help alone. I have severe eye sight weakness. I use glasses of -3 Dioptre. Please help.
Colour blindness is not a type of blindness at all; it is an insufficiency in the way some people see colour. Once afflicted by this vision problem, people face difficulty in distinguishing specific colours like red, green, blue or yellow. So to call it colour vision deficiency would be much appropriate, and it hits men more often than women. In a report by Prevent Blindness America, it is revealed that about 8% of males and less than 1% of females are affected with colour vision problems. Generally, red and green colour deficiency is the most commonly found. In very rare instances, a person may carry a trait which lessens his ability to distinguish between blue and yellow colours. This blue-yellow hue insufficiency normally is found in men and women equally.
Understanding signs and symptoms: Do you have any difficulty in seeing yellow, green or red colours? Do people often tell you that you are seeing the wrong colour? If so, then these are key signs that you are affected with a colour perception deficiency. Quite opposite to popular belief, hardly a colour blind person is able to see only the shades of gray. Most people who are deemed as colour blind are able to see shades but cannot distinguish between one colour and another and get easily confused with other shades, depending on the kind of colour blindness they are affected with. If you have suddenly developed a colour vision deficiency when you were able to view and distinguish all the shades previously, then you should visit an ophthalmologist without further delay.
Causes behind colour blindness: Colour blindness takes place when the light-sensitive cells within the retina stop responding accurately to variations in wavelengths of light.
Photoreceptors present in the retina are termed as rods and cones. Rods are present abundantly, and about 100 million rod cells are present in human retina and these cells are very sensitive to light, but rods are impervious to sunlight and therefore, are incapable of perceiving colours. The cones, on the other hand, are responsible for our understanding of different colours. There are three types of cones, each of which is responsible for perceiving red, green and blue light. The three cones work together to help us see the whole range of colours. People who are colour blind usually have faults in a particular cone cell, which makes them unable to distinguish that particular shade.
Combatting colour blindness: Gene therapies are reported to cure colour blindness in monkeys, as per the reports of a study conducted by researchers of the University of Washington and Florida in September 2009. While early methods appear promising, gene therapy is not considered effective for human beings unless the treatments are verified to be safe.
Hence there is no effective means of curing colour blindness, but there are some strategies that may aid you to function better. However, if you are into graphic designing or anything that requires handling of different colours, then you will need professional help. The sooner you become aware of your insufficiency, the better you can compensate for it.
Some people also use contact lenses or eyeglasses that act as filters to enhance colour perception. If you are affected by this problem, make sure you visit an eye-care practitioner for detailed advice. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!