Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Patel Nagar Pet ClinicYour feedback matters!
My cat get pregnant third time and I don't want to spayed her, so is there any another kind of non surgical way like injections or pills to avoid her pregnancy.
Sir/mam, I have a 6 years old male pomeranian dog n due to some reason I adopted a stray dog (male) in feb 2017. Every thing was ok till now but since last one month pome has become very aggressive n tries to attack the new one, now the situation is such that he attacks on seeing him n is making the younger one (8 months) also aggressive. Pls help me to get out of this mess as I can't leave any of the two. Pls help.
Please suggest me. Should dogs be given a haircut in summers always? I have been very concerned about this topic.Please suggest me.
Hello! sir/mam I have a 6 years old pomerian and now I adopted a stray dog which is approx. 8-9 months old. Now the pomerian has started attacking the smaller one n is becoming aggressive. Please help how to tackle the situation. Can I give some medicine (homeo) for controlling anger or something else. Thanks.
I wanna ask for my pet Labrador, he is suffering from kidney dysfunction, last 1.5 month he is not able to eat any thing as I tried he start vomit after a couple of hours, blood test kft done on 28/10/17. Result are 1) serum phosphorous 18.4 2) serum sodium 149.6 3) blood urea 210.8 4) serum creatinine 20.4 5) serum uric acid 1.01 6) albumin 2.71 7) a:g ratio 0.66 These all are bold in test. Please suggest what should I do he is one of my life member whom I love so much age 8 years. Is there any possibility to make him fine .any kind of treatment.
Sir I was giving some medications to a wounded cat. Her eyes and and forehead is injured. First time I lifted her with naked hands. I washed my hand immediately after applying the ointment. There is no. Wound on my hands. Can it transmit any disease like rabies. please help.
My cockatiel is sick and is not active. I recently bought it from pet shop. She doesn't make any noise and keeps on sleeping with her head under wings And is slightly swinging while sitting on perch.
Sir my dog is 4 years old and has started behaving weird. He used to b joyful with family n known people. Bt now since 1 or 2 weeks he has changed to being abit violent. He has started attacking. He has now acting grumpy to me also. We are really tensed to know about it.
Cindy is a Labrador and her age is 2 years and 3 months. She is pretty active. Yesterday morning she was playing with my husband and when she sat down she couldn't move her hind legs it was like paralyzed for 2 mins though she was in sense and tried to get up as hard she could but she couldn't move. Me and my husband was hell scared to see what happened, however after 2mind everything was normal. Even now she is again back to her naughty self. Please help to understand is there something we need to care about.
Sir Meri colony k ek dog ko khujli ho gyi h men usko neomak dwai bhi di pr vo think nhi ho rha please meri help kijey Mai animals ko tklif Mai nhi dekh skti Sir please please please help me.
Dehydration is a common disorder in dogs and humans equally. It occurs when an excess of fluids continuously get eliminated from the body irrespective of the amount of fluids your dog intakes. Water working as the "potion for life" is essential for dogs too as it keeps them hydrated and makes sure the biological processes take place smoothly in them. Dehydration is a serious disorder and may result in as serious consequences as organ failure or even death. To know if your dog is suffering from dehydration, learn the symptoms carefully make a move as quickly as possible.
Symptoms of dehydration in dogs:
- Dryness in the mouth and sticky gums. Often dehydration results in sticky gums and dry mouth in dogs as the water content of the body gradually falls down.
- Sunken eyes. Sunken eyes can be considered as a pronounced symptom of dehydration.
- Loss of appetite. Appetite is related to dehydration as the digestion, metabolism and other reactions in dog's body need water to successfully take place.
- Abnormal sleepiness. Dehydration causes Depression and abnormal rate of sleeping in turn.
- Abnormal urination. If your dog is suffering from Dehydration, it will either urinate too little or too much. This abnormal sign in urination speaks a lot about the dehydrated state of your dog.
- Less elasticity of skin or tightness of the skin coat. This can be determined by a simple skin test. Pull your dog's skin and if it does not spring back in 2 seconds, your dog is dehydrated.
If you face problems with determining the level of dehydration, kindly take it to a Veterinarian. He/she will readily note the symptoms and apply proper treatment which should be the prime step in order to save your pet from such situations. Delays will only narrow its chances of surviving. It is also important to understand what causes Dehydration in your dog. This would certainly help you from bumping into such situations further in future.
Causes of dehydration in dogs:
The major reason or cause of Dehydration is illness and overexposing to the sunshine. An ill dog is more prone to get dehydrated than a healthy one. Several diseases like,
- Renal failure
- Diabetes mellitus
- Diabetes insipidus
- Gastrointestinal problems, etc. can affect your dog on a large scale and trigger off Dehydration with time.
To take care of such situations from taking place, you should keep in mind a few guidelines. The following tips will certainly prevent your dog from being dehydrated again if taken into account.
Prevention of dehydration in dogs:
- Protect your dog from being overexposed to heat.
- Make it drink as much water as it can every time. Always put a small bowl of water at the corner of its room. Monitor its water intake capacity and keep it hydrated.
- Keep the toilet lid closed in order to prevent it from plunging its mouth inside. This will keep it away from bacteria and viruses which would affect it and make it fall sick.
- If you go for exercising in the evening with your dog, bring extra water so that it stays hydrated.
Consult with a Veterinarian if its drinking less amount of water.
If your cat is becoming overweight, it is definitely a reason for concern as it could be a sign of different disorders. Overweight and obese cats are growing in number and as a result, the number of cats under normal weight is significantly low. Obesity in cats can be a premonition of high blood sugar, arthritis and hepatic Lipidosis. But if you are willing to put your cat on a diet, then it must be pursued very carefully so that it doesn’t lead to undesirable results.
In a study conducted in 2011 by the Association for Pet Obesity Prevention, it was found that more than 50 percent of cats were overweight and obese. It is important to consider the reason behind sedentary obesity and the most obvious factor that comes to the fore is that any mammal that consumes more calories than it can burn. Any cat that has become overweight or obese should be put under comprehensive health checkup with blood and urine tests and exact weight measurement.
It is also important to check the hormone levels and to ensure that the cat has no metabolic or physical dysfunction. In case the cat is under normal physical function other than being overweight or obese, then a gradual weight loss diet can be implemented to achieve desired results.
The most crucial responsibility of the cat owner is to limit the calories that the feline consume on a regular basis. The general rule is that if the cat is 10 pounds, it must consume around 200 calories in a day according to the guidelines of the Association for Pet Obesity Prevention. Here are some of the tips that you can follow in general to help your cat lose weight.
Measure the daily intake of food and divide the targeted amount of calorie into 4 to 6 small meals. Supply your cat with ample amount of water and consult with your veterinarian to set a weight loss goal. When the cat is becoming too fat, you should avoid giving treats and foods for human beings as that can cause obesity and diarrhea. Also, you should never allow your cat to eat dog food.Cats have their own cat foods commercially available. Every cat must consume those in order to maintain a standard body weight & stunning health. These foods are fortified with essential fibres,proteins or amino acids, micronutrients, vitamins and a very low quantity of carbohydrate. One should not feed any carbohydrate or starch like rice or bread to cats as this is practically not required. A too low amount of carbohydrate in daily diet of a cat is enough. Extra carbohydrate or carbohydrate mainly diet chiefly is responsible for sedentary life and extra pounds in body of the cats which make them prone to many lifestyle diseases like diabetes melitus etc.
Veterinarians suggest that any new diet is required to be implemented slowly as there is high chance that your cat would stop eating altogether if you give her new foods all of a sudden. And the bottom line is, if you want your cat to control its weight through diet, then you must cut off calories in proportion to the level of physical activity that the cat indulges in. According to the Association for Pet Obesity Prevention, losing 1 pound in a month is a healthy option.
My Sweety a Golden Retriever 8 years old suddenly yesterday on wards showing very frightened behavior. Head is turned on one side slightly. One eye is flickering. Even getting into lift afraid. Earlier also she use to getting into the lift very cautiously. Walking is not much problem, Getting up she shows some problem. She is over weight. Hysterectomy done many years ago. Today one vet will come and examine her. Yesterday being Sunday nobody came. Under vet instruction Antihistamine and anxiety tablets given. Also Paracetamol tab.
Once you know that your dog is in tip-top shape, here are some other things you can do to encourage his or her coat to come out shiny and soft.
- Omega fatty acid: These are full of healthy omega-3 fatty acids that help contribute to a healthy coat, plus they’re delicious to a dog! Add some to the dog’s food.
- Brush: Regular brushing stimulates the skin and hair follicles, which increases the natural production of skin oils that make the coat shiny. Brush your dog at least once every other day.
- Bath: How often depends on your dog, the length of the coat, and how dirty he or she gets. Bathing once a month is a good general guideline—often enough to keep the coat clean, but not so often that you’re stripping the coat of essential oils. Use a moisturizing shampoo that won’t irritate skin. Consider adding a natural conditioner afterwards—those that contain vitamin E are soothing to the skin and hair. Some owners use coconut milk on the pet’s fur for several minutes before bath time.
- A little oil: Stir one teaspoon to one tablespoon of vegetable oil into your dog’s food to keep the coat healthy. Try sunflower, flaxseed, olive, coconut, and safflower, but don’t give them too much—that can lead to diarrhea. Coconut oil may also help clear up skin conditions.
- Herbal remedies: Try horsetail, as it’s high in silica, which is essential in the maintenance of healthy and strong skin, bones, and fur. Spirulina is another natural ingredient that contains protein, B vitamins, and carotenoids. Be cautious, though, not to use too much. Check with your vet on dosage.
- Protection: Dogs who have no shelter from the elements and are kept outside most days will have coats that change to be more thick and dry simply to provide natural protection. You can just let it be for the colder winter months, or provide additional shelter to encourage a shinier coat.
- Oatmeal Bath: Dogs with dull coats often have skin problems, as well. An oatmeal bath helps sooth the skin, tame itching, and leaves the coat soft and shiny. Oatmeal contains vitamin E, so it works as a natural softener. Simply grind one-cup plain oatmeal into a fine powder, fill a tub with lukewarm water, add the powder and stir in until the water appears cloudy, then place your dog in the bath. Pour water on its back and head, avoiding the eyes, and massage for 10-15 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
Here I want to know about my dog. Whenever it eat chicken he get constipated pl help or suggest some medicine.
My rabbit which is 4 months old is getting hiccups and is not frequent. Is that any serious issue to be taken care? What can we do when it gets hiccups? What causes hiccups for rabbits?
1. Constant Companionship
Although childhood isn't always easy, having a pet provides constant companionship through the ups and downs. Dogs can be a great source of comfort for kids — even when they're coming to grips with difficult life lessons. Whenever kids feel sad, angry, or afraid, they can always turn to their pet. Petting and cuddling dogs has also been shown to relieve stress and help people relax.
2. A More Active Lifestyle
Caring for a dog also encourages a more active lifestyle. In fact, a recent study showed that kids with dogs exercise eleven minutes a day more than their non-dog owning peers. That might not sound like a lot, but over a week or month, it really adds up. Many dogs require daily walks or runs and plenty of play time. Those adorable puppy eyes they give you are sure to motivate you — even when you're not feeling up to it.
3. Learning Responsibility
Having a pet is a great way to teach responsibility to kids. Making sure that the family dog has food and water gives children a first glimpse of accountability and obligation. Children also learn empathy and compassion by caring for their pet, while developing a higher level of self-esteem by taking care of their pet-owning responsibilities.
4. Health Is Wealth
Recent studies have found that babies raised in close contact with a pet get sick less often in their first year of life, meaning fewer visits to the doctor's office. Exposure to pet dander and the microbes that pets carry into the home from the outdoors is suggested to improve babies' developing immune systems. Research has also found that children who grow up with dogs experience a reduced risk of allergies.
5. Don't Worry, Be Happy!
Perhaps one of the greatest benefits of dogs in early childhood is simply that they make children happy! Interaction with animals has been proven to raise levels of serotonin and dopamine, which are the chemical building blocks of positive feelings. All science aside, playing and interacting with dogs is just plain fun — and it's bound to brighten any kid's day.