Doctor in Oorja Ayurvedic Clinic Pvt. Ltd
Patient Review Highlights
During the menstrual days, it is necessary to use some kind of padding or easily absorbent material to remain clean and hygienic throughout the day. This material is available in form of tampons or sanitary napkins.
What is the difference between tampons and sanitary napkin
- The tampon is a mass of retentive material shaped in a cylinder, which needs to be inserted into the vagina. Most tampons have a cord or string to aid manual removal. Tampons are used especially when you have to wear tight fitting clothes.
- The sanitary napkins are disposable flat pads that are worn externally to collect menstrual blood and prevent staining. These are mostly made of rayon or cotton. They are available in a variety of sizes, with added benefits of extra absorption and fragrance in some cases. They are easier to carry.
Benefits of using a tampon
- Tampons are easy to use provided you are very well informed and well practiced about its usage and methods of insertion
- Tampons can absorb menstrual blood, depending on your flow, for up to six hours.
- Tampons are more hygienic as the entire material does not get soaked. This helps in preventing the menstrual blood from coming in contact with underwear, skin and staining other clothing.
Disadvantages of using a tampoon
- Tampons, if not changed within 4-6 hours, may cause leakage and staining.
- The insertion of a tampon is extremely inconvenient and uncomfortable if not used by practiced hands.
- Incorrect insertion can be painful and lead to injuries and infection
- Leaving a tampon on for too long can cause a Toxic Shock Syndrome. It is a fatal disease caused by toxins and bacterial infection.
- Tampons may increase menstrual cramps in some cases.
Benefits of using sanitaary napkins
- Sanitary napkins are easy to use. They come in flat, rectangular shapes of absorbent material that are stuck on the underwear and absorb menstrual blood externally.
- Can be worn overnight.
- Easier to use and convenient to carry around.
- Helps to monitor the flow of blood
- Lessens the risk of infections, and there are fewer health risks
Disadvantages of sanitary napkins
- Cannot prevent menstrual odours
- The absorption rate is lower than tampons
- They show through clothing and tight fitted clothes cannot be worn
It is difficult to say which one is a better or healthier option. Both kinds have their own advantages and disadvantages and are a matter of individual preference. No matter what you use, it is important for you to keep in mind that it is necessary to change it after a few hours, and regular washing helps keeping the menstrual odour in check. It also keeps the pubic region clean and free from the risks of bacterial infections. It is necessary to remain active and maintain a healthy diet to have a regular smooth flow without blood clots. In case of uncontrolled bleeding, you must seek medical attention without delay.
When we talk about infertility attention usually falls on treatment for women. However, infertility can affect men as well. The condition of infertility, can be described as the inability to become pregnant for a period of 1 year despite having unprotected, well-timed sexual intercourse. A low sperm count is one of the primary reasons for infertility in men.
Typically there should be fifteen million sperm per milliliter of semen. Low sperm count refers to the ejaculation of less than a normal amount of sperm in semen. This can also be termed as oligospermia. A complete absence of sperm in semen is known as azoospermia. Low sperm count does not mean that you cannot impregnate your partner but it reduces the chance of a successful conception. Thus, one of the most common ways to treat infertility caused by low sperm count is IVF.
- IVF involves harvesting eggs from the woman’s uterus and sperm from the male partner and combining them in a laboratory to form a zygote. When IVF is used to treat male infertility, a semen analysis is the first step. This helps determine the patient’s sperm count, sperm motility, volume, pH levels, white blood cell levels etc.
- The ejaculated semen is then processed so as to separate the sperm cells from the plasma. In this process sperm cells with higher motility are identified and segregated. These cells have a higher chance of fertilizing the egg.
- Sperm cells are then injected into the harvested egg. Some techniques may require the injection of 50,000 or more sperm cells while others such as intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) can be effective with a single sperm cell. Once the egg is fertilized, it is allowed to develop for a few days in the laboratory.
- Two or three embryos are then selected to be reintroduced into the woman’s uterus with the help of a catheter. The remaining fertilized embryos are preserved in an embryo bank in case the pregnancy is not successful. If these need to be used later, the woman does not have to go through the initial stages of IVF treatment to stimulate the follicles and harvest eggs from the ovaries.
When it comes to IVF, the success rates are very high. However, one of the most common side effects is the birth of twins or triplets. This is because multiple embryos are inserted into the uterus. The number of babies born then depends on the number of embryos that are implanted successfully.
Test tube babies is the term given to the babies who are born with the help of IVF treatments. The cost of test tube baby in India, is less than the western countries. Advanced technology and expert doctors are present all over India especially in Delhi , who have a very high success rate of 65%. The cost of the entire treatment can vary from Rs. 1,10,000 to Rs. 2,00,000. Cost is dependent on many factors like use of fertility drugs and the kind of treatments opted for. It also depends upon the number of cycles.
Some of the best test tube baby centers in Delhi are:
Consultation fees: ₹500
Benison IVF Clinic provides all kind of fertility treatments under one roof like IUI, IVF, ICSI, Egg Donation, Sperm Donation and Surrogacy. They have a team of case managers, nurses, technicians, and experienced gynecologists who treat their patients with utmost warmth and care. Years of experience of these gynecologist helps them with designing customized treatment and delivering a high success rate.
Consultation fees: ₹500
Baby Joy is a state of the art IVF & Surrogacy Centre which is known to provide advanced treatment at an affordable cost. They are know to provide an end to end to solution with their team. The center is also known for high success rates. Doctors here follow international protocols and use of latest technologies. The centre is known for fertility treatment, IUI-Intrauterine-insemination, ICSI and Surrogacy.
Consultation fees: ₹800
The New Life India Clinic is an initiative of international chain from Europe- Global Lotus Clinics in India. The clinic are known to meet the standards of Europe and Asia as well as the laws framed by Govt. of India. Some of the services offered by the clinic are In Vitro Fertilization (IVF), Micromanipulation (ICSI), Surrogacy, Blastocyst, Egg Donation and Cryopreservation.
The team is highly professional in their ethics and with years of experience have been delivering the best results.
Consultation fees: ₹500
World IVF Centre is considered as a pioneer Super Specialty Centre of Delhi. The center has treated hundreds of patients from India and abroad successfully. The gynecologist here are known to focus on methodologies which are known to increase the chances of natural pregnancy before proceeding for IVF. The centre meets International Standards and is also among few centers in India that provide IVF training to Doctors. Some of the facilities provided in the hospital for better treatment are infertility evaluation and treatment, use of ART techniques like Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI). They have an in-house IUI Lab.
Consultation fees: ₹500
Indira IVF clinic is a trusted and successful chain of fertility centers in Delhi. Some of the various treatments provided here are assisted reproductive technologies like IUI, IVF/ICSI, IMSI. The team here consists of best gynecologist, sonographers, embryologists, nurses and counselors that provide a holistic approach. Latest and advanced methods to treat the cases of infertility in both men and women. They have a very high IVF success rate and has become a preferred center for treatment.
Consultation fees: ₹1000
Bloom IVF Group is amongst India’s 1st centre which was established in 1991. Under the leadership of Dr Hrishikesh Pai and Dr Nandita Palshetkar,who are a reputed name in the field of obstetrician and gynecologist. There are various techniques of assisted reproduction that help in treating infertility in males and females. Bloom IVF Group is amongst the most premiere chain of hospitals to treat fertility. They have treated over 25000 patients from India and abroad. The success rate is exceptionally high, especially, in women above 35 years of age. The rate is over 35-40% per started cycle.
Consultation fees: ₹800
The apollo group of hospitals has a team of doctors who specialize in reproductive medicine, nurse-counselors, ultrasonographers, embryologists and andrologists. They provide world class infertility treatment using advanced procedures and equipment. They have a high success rate using assisted reproduction therapy and surrogacy.
Consultation fees: ₹1200
Max hospital is a well known name in healthcare world. It has some of the best IVF specialist at their Panchsheel center like Dr. Richa Seth. She has 10 years of experience and her areas of special interest are Intrauterine Insemination, Ovulation Induction Treatment (OI), sperm donor programs and blastocyst transfers.
Erectile dysfunction is the inability to maintain an erection, is a problem that occurs in many men for many reasons. There are exercises you can do.
Sexual Health: Is a Taste of Mint Good or Bad?
Men who are concerned about appropriate penis care - and every man should be - want to make sure they do all they can to ensure premium sexual health. But the world of sexual health matters is littered with all sorts of misinformation, old wives tales and myths. One of the recurring ones concerns the use of mint as it relates to the penis. According to some sources, mint can be a fine sexual aid, but other sources insist there are dangers to sexual health in the overuse of mint. So what is a guy to believe?
It seems as if mint is everywhere around us. Spearmint is a popular flavor of chewing gum. Peppermint candies are a treat for kids and adults alike. The range of mint teas seems to have grown exponentially. As menthol, mint is found in several brands of cigarettes and cough drops. And "minty fresh" has become synonymous with toothpastes and other oral hygiene products. It's even used in some environmentally friendly pesticides in place of toxic chemicals.
There are well over a dozen different kinds of mint plants, and they grow across most of the inhabited continents (although not so often in South America). This popular herb can grow all year long in the appropriate conditions.
The penis connection
So why should this mint have any connection with the penis? Certainly, anything that is ingested has the potential to affect parts of the body, including the penis.
One of the more common theories associated with mint is that it has the effect of numbing the penis naturally. According to this theory, performing oral sex on an erect penis after sucking on a mint cough drop will temporarily de-sensitize the member so that it can stay harder for a longer period of time during sex. A variant on this theory recommends using mint oil on an erect penis for the same purpose.
There is a little scientific reasoning to back up this claim. Parts of the body contain a protein with a long scientific name which is more generally known as TRPM8. When mint comes into contact with TRPM8, it sends a signal to the brain that says "Experience this sensation as cold." So although mint itself is not cold, it makes the body think it is. And so the theory is that getting mint on an erect penis will numb it sufficiently that it acts as a kind of "delay spray." However, there are no studies to prove that mint applied to the penis will indeed result in longer-lasting sex.
And in fact, some people believe that mint could have a negative effect on sexual health and function. Some men have claimed that mint depresses their sex drive. A 2004 study involving mint tea given to male rats seemed to back this up. The intake of mint tea was associated with both an increase in female hormones and a decrease in testosterone.
A study in women with high testosterone levels later found the same thing - that mint caused their testosterone levels to drop and their female hormone levels to rise.
Since testosterone in men is associated with an increased sex drive, the studies suggest that too much mint could indeed cause an effect. But more studies would be needed to definitively prove this.
Are You Satisfied With Your Penis Size?
Sex is considered as the most important part of a happy life. To lead a prosperous and happy life, it is necessary to have a very satisfactory sex life. Dissatisfaction in sex has ruined the happy marriages of millions of people. So, it is certainly a very pertinent question whether penis size has any influence on the sexual performance or not.
Researches have shown that the penis size really influences the sexual performance. As per research, larger the penis size and thicker is the volume, more is the pleasure. The researchers also provide reasons for that. The main reason for this is that during sexual intercourse the penis has to get inserted into the vaginal cavity. The penis having larger size and thicker volume gets rubbed with the vaginal wall causing the secretion of the enzyme which provides pleasure to both the partners.
According to this theory, it is utmost necessary to have a larger size and thicker volume to provide ultimate pleasure to the partner. The sexual satisfaction is necessary between partners to lead a happy life. The small size at most of the time results in the inferiority complex. Sometimes, the male partners avoid sexual intercourse with the partner because of the small size or inferiority complex .
The contagious nature of HIV places it in a different class than other chronic illnesses such as high blood pressure, cancer, diabetes, and so forth. The contagious nature of HIV has a more debilitating psychosocial and psychological impact on the ill person's mental and emotional state than non-contagious diseases and often leads to self-imposed isolation and a feeling of being totally inadequate.
HIV medications can help the body of the infected person but that person's feelings of self-worth, self-esteem, and self-confidence suffer from a staggering blow that must be attended to just as directly as the treatment of their physical body.